RAM compatible using 2x32GB g-skill-64gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram with other 16gb RAM? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

RAM compatible using 2x32GB g-skill-64gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram with other 16gb RAM?

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
RAM compatible using 2x32GB g-skill-64gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram with other 16gb RAM?

Hi experts,

I'm using Asus TUF X570 + 2 SP RAM 8x2 gb , amd 3800x

I bought two RAM sticks for my setup, which are included below

Silicon Power 16GB (8GBx2) XPOWER Turbine Gaming DDR4 3200MHz

https://www.amazon.com/SP-Silicon-Po...tronics&sr=1-1

I want to add two additional RAMs for my setup which are 32gb each, so I can do additional virtualization and run additional programs without worry about memory.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-64gb-...82E16820232952

Do you think this will work? I saw pc part picker saying that is compatible, however i'm concern about dual channel - quad channel
Has anyone tried using 2x32GB on asus tuf x570 ?

I have found the QLV for this, but I haven't seen that model,
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...888.1586248418

Or I should go with Silicon Power 32GB (16GBx2) XPOWER RGB Turbine Gaming DDR4 3200MHz , so I can have 48gb of RAM? is that even supported?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...TGFW0OQJA&th=1

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I think i've found this good post about mixing RAMs, however i would still need to see if 64gb ram still support in 32GBx2 DIMM ?

https://www.realhardwarereviews.com/mixing-ram/4/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2020, 11:01 PM
Stock is too casual~

Rep: 109 (Unique: 58)
The TUF is daisy chain, should be at least
Doing 4 dimm on a dual channel system is already an issue
Going with 4 dimms on a T-Topology board is slower but still fine as it does split the signal into 50/50%
Doing that on a daisy chain board asks for problems tho - as daisy chain runs 75/25%

Neverless what you pick, the 2nd set will be strongly bottlenecked on a daisy chain board, while the first one will OC well
I am not sure if ASUS bios allows to use split timings between two sets
But you will need to consider at least 4-5 things before doing this thing
- Which ICs are these, how much procODT is needed to run them = how much stress on the memory controller will exist
- Which PCB are these, that information is unknown till you buy them ~ while it's needed to know as A0 or B0 (dual rank) will run easier than A1 or A2 (important for positioning)
- How much time are you willing to spend to get that to run ~ i can pretty much say you will have issues alone because the board is daisy chain topology
- Are the kits single or dual ranked ~ this one is important, and does define how much stress the memory controller has to handle and how much voltage needs to be pushed through the board (manually, as such exotic setup was never predicted)
- Will you be happy with 3200MT/s at best

Like your linked review states, timings will vary and maximum speed will strongly be affected
But he used an more optimal scenario than you will face
All of his kits where single ranked, and the old kits might have even be the same IC

Mixing ICs is already annoying enough
Going with 4 dimms on a daisy chain board asks for issues
and then mixing single ranked and dual ranked will completely mess up timing prediction and require you days of testing with custom timings
The easiest resolve probably would be 2x 32gb dimms - for such an event, or 4x16 with the same IC inside
^ but two dimms remain preferred

SiSandra Inter-Core Bandwith 14nm Ryzen global #1 | Twitter
Personal Records
RAM > Viper Steel @ 3466C14 (64.2ns) & Alt | Hynix-MFR 3333CL14 (72.5ns) & Alt

GPU > Gigabyte 970 G1 @ 1595|1900 (Hynix) | RX 580 Red Devil GS @ 1620|2200 (Micron)
CPU > TR 1950X [email protected]1.2v & [email protected]1.365v[105Mhz FSB](3.23Beta)
#Main: 1700X [email protected]1.365v1.73Ghz IMC CL14 (64.2ns)」+ Dark Rock 3 | X370 Taichi 1.0.0.3 ABBA by The Stilt | Viper Steel [PVS416G400C9K]| Gigabyte 970 G1 | Samsung 850 Evo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in