Tool to change RAM timings in Windows - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Tool to change RAM timings in Windows

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 61)
I came across a program called MemSet 3.4. It allows you to change various RAM timings in your system while you're in Windows. It's a great tool for testing different timings settings before you permanently apply them in your bios. This is not a new program and I'm sure many of you have heard of it or used it, but for those who haven't...Here's the link to the program's website: http://www.tweakers.fr/memset.html
I have briefly tested this program and I'm showing some improvement in my sandra benchmark tests.

Here's a view of the MemSet 3.4 program:

Here's my Sandra Benchmark with stock 4-4-4-12 2T timings:

Here's my results from a Sandra Benchmark with the modified timings 4-3-3-11 1T:

As you can see, it does work as it's supposed to and CPU-Z even shows the changed timings. Keep in mind that this program only temporarily changes your timings for testing purposes. You'll have to change the timings in your bios for them to be permanently applied.

I'm still messing around with some settings...anyone have some suggestions as to how I could setup my timings for my system to run stable and also see a gain in performance?

CURRENTLY IN A FIGHT AGAINST PANCREATIC TUMORS!
If I am not online for a few days, this is the reason.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 170 (Unique: 130)
true and it works but also it can be a little weird sometimes also I've noticed. I can get it more or less stable with memset but if I try to set that option in the bios I get a no post. lol. it's weird but hey.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7speed View Post
true and it works but also it can be a little weird sometimes also I've noticed. I can get it more or less stable with memset but if I try to set that option in the bios I get a no post. lol. it's weird but hey.
I just now restarted my system and changed my timings in bios to the modified timings that I tested by using MemTest. The timings are 4-3-3-11 1T. I had no problems posting and it seems to be running stable. I still have to run orthos for a few hours though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

After restarting my system with the memory timings adjusted in my bios I did a benchmark test with sandra and got higher scores. Here's a screenshot of these results:

I don't know why I'd get this amount of an increase. Could it be possible that something was running in the background the first time which made my scores lower than they were this time?

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 09:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 582 (Unique: 418)
Yep well known program thats been around forever. Glad you found i, delix does some good work on it.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 12:34 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 402 (Unique: 336)
Been out for some time. Latest version:

http://www.tweakers.fr/download/MemSet35beta.exe

You know you are living in 2012 when... Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 03:47 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
I had never heard of this one and was actually looking for for to use on my Intel. I used to use a64info on my opty and that prog kicks booty.

Like i said i have never heard of this before but to be fair i haven't actually looked if i am honest but rep+ still

#1 - The first rule of Infraction Club is, you do not talk about Infraction Club.
#2 - The second rule of Infraction Club is, you DO NOT talk about Infraction Club!!

Basically Random Idiotic Terrible Insanely Stupid Humour
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2008, 05:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 135 (Unique: 117)
So this is basically like using RivaTuner to change the clocks on your video card. You aren't actually changing the values for good. Just until you restart your system. That'll work out well for me!

If that's the case I have some extra OC'in to do because I hate having to reset the CMOS everytime I push my sticks too far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmaBum9
OSs are only as secure as the user that runs them. No amount of code can fix stupid.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
hi guys,
i m new about oc to rams. i have 4x1 gb ddr2 800mhz ram and as defaoult it shows i use 5-5-5-18...i downloaded the memset 3.4 and i tried to change the values to 4-4-4-12...i just cant change the cass lateny rate from 5 to 4...even i changed it from bios...i really need help in case of learning the logic of changing values of rams...

here is my default values by ntune

and memset shows it like that

when i tried to change command rate from 2t to 1t i locked my pc and i had to restart it...so here is the pic of ram rates after changing by memset

after all i also want you to know as a detail that i oc my cpu and vga by using ntune(because i cant do it by bios i dont know why) i have gigabyte ga-mp61p-s2 (rv.2.0) i can see advenced chipset features by prssing F1 in bios then i changed values but it doesnt save except ram settings.

I really need help and advices about making it. thank you very much by now..

The Ahbab is Aroundcool.gif

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 02:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
I know this is SUPER necro, but ive been looking for a method to force 1T timings on my DDR3L in my notebook since it has 2133mhz cas 11 ripjaws that would certainly be able to do it. Any recommendations would be awesome. Intel extreme tuner lacks this timing feature. Shame too, because its one Im confident if I were to change nothing bad would happen. Ive found a few tech wizards on this site so maybe ill get lucky. Search engine isnt promising, the leads I found are too ancient to be usable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in