BOINC ATI support thread... Unleashing the DRAGONs! Get your GPU's full worth here! - Page 142 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

BOINC ATI support thread... Unleashing the DRAGONs! Get your GPU's full worth here!

post #1411 of 1419 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:20 AM
2+2=5

Ha, so evidently there is some issue between the way the current client, and the Ubuntu version of the openCL drivers, are identifying compatible openCL GPUs. This looks exactly like the issue that [email protected] has with openCL on AMD.

I don't have this issue on my systems, but they are all running Arch. These are the portions of the AMDGPU-Pro Ubuntu driver that I use:
  • opencl-amdgpu-pro-icd_driverVersion_amd64.deb
  • opencl-orca-amdgpu-pro-icd_driverVersion_amd64.deb
  • libdrm-amdgpu-amdgpu1_2.4.95-driverVersion_amd64.deb
In addition to those packages from the Ubuntu driver the only other things needed is to get the openCL libraries added/linked in the correct locations, the standard libdrm from Mesa, and the Open source OpenCL ICD loader (ocl-icd). Here is a link to the package for opencl-amd from the AUR on Arch. https://www.archlinux.org/packages/e...86_64/ocl-icd/ You can see what it is bringing in from the Ubuntu driver if you click "View PKGBUILD" under "Package Actions".

I haven't tried it yet, but it replicating this should be fairly straight forward on Debian based distros without using all of the additional cruft from the AMDGPU-Pro stack.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1419 (permalink) Old 01-01-2019, 08:50 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 249 (Unique: 187)
Quote: Originally Posted by tictoc View Post
Ha, so evidently there is some issue between the way the current client, and the Ubuntu version of the openCL drivers, are identifying compatible openCL GPUs. This looks exactly like the issue that [email protected] has with openCL on AMD.

I don't have this issue on my systems, but they are all running Arch. These are the portions of the AMDGPU-Pro Ubuntu driver that I use:
  • opencl-amdgpu-pro-icd_driverVersion_amd64.deb
  • opencl-orca-amdgpu-pro-icd_driverVersion_amd64.deb
  • libdrm-amdgpu-amdgpu1_2.4.95-driverVersion_amd64.deb
In addition to those packages from the Ubuntu driver the only other things needed is to get the openCL libraries added/linked in the correct locations, the standard libdrm from Mesa, and the Open source OpenCL ICD loader (ocl-icd). Here is a link to the package for opencl-amd from the AUR on Arch. https://www.archlinux.org/packages/e...86_64/ocl-icd/ You can see what it is bringing in from the Ubuntu driver if you click "View PKGBUILD" under "Package Actions".

I haven't tried it yet, but it replicating this should be fairly straight forward on Debian based distros without using all of the additional cruft from the AMDGPU-Pro stack.

Heh, ironically, I had already tried everything you said. I had manually linked all the libraries because the paths weren't correct (x86_64-linux-gnu instead of lib64, I think). Installing opencl-amd didn't work for me either, regardless which kernel I tried it on. The ICD loader wasn't necessary for my last try which got it working.

MEGATRON
(17 items)
GIGATRON
(10 items)
CPU
Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard
Crosshair VI Hero
GPU
Gigabyte RX 580
RAM
2x8 G.Skill Trident 3200 CAS14 @ 3466 CAS14
Hard Drive
2x1TB WD Black RAID 0
Hard Drive
3TB WD Red
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
Power Supply
FSP Aurum PT 1200W
Cooling
Stock... hue hue
Case
Thermaltake Core X9
Monitor
Benq XL2411Z
Monitor
Dell U2412M
Monitor
Dell U2412M
Keyboard
KBC Poker II MX Clears
Mouse
Zowie ZA11
Mouse
old school Razer Goliathus
Audio
Aune T1 -> Yamaha A-720 -> Sennheiser HD650 | Sony MDR-XB500
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz
CPU
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 @ 2.00GHz
Motherboard
SuperMicro X10DAL-i
GPU
nay
RAM
2x8GB (for now) Kingston DDR4 @ 2133MHz/C16
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 120GB
Power Supply
SeaSonic SS850-AM
Cooling
EK-Vardar F4 on an Arctic Freezer i11
Case
overrated
Operating System
Ubuntu Server 16.04
▲ hide details ▲

post #1413 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:11 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I'm not sure where else to post it but the RX 5700 XT properly undervolted with the GDDR6 overclocked is more energy efficient than the Radeon VII at hashing ETC. I'm wondering how to benchmark it in BOINC as I'm contributing to the [email protected] project in the Overclock.net team. I can see how much credit I'm receiving but I don't know what to compare it to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1414 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 03:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 282 (Unique: 135)
Radeon VII is really a bigger pro card so I can see how the 5700s are more efficient.

My RX 580 can do 2x in 19-20min, 1080Ti can do a task in ~7:30, 1070Ti in ~10:50 and 1070 in 12:30.

Some 5700 comments here including some from @tictic;
https://einsteinathome.org/content/all-things-navi-10

Some people have posted Radeon VII numbers here:
https://einsteinathome.org/content/a...on-vii-vega-20

Do you allow stats export from [email protected] site? I don't see your name:
https://stats3.free-dc.org/stats.php...eah&team=10797

post #1415 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post
Do you allow stats export from [email protected] site? I don't see your name:
https://stats3.free-dc.org/stats.php...eah&team=10797
I didn't realize I had to change any options to make that visible.
post #1416 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 03:49 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by DedEmbryonicCe1 View Post
I didn't realize I had to change any options to make that visible.
[email protected] and some other projects follow GDPR regulations.

post #1417 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 10:23 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post
[email protected] and some other projects follow GDPR regulations.
I get that but it wasn't very clear from an end user perspective that while I could see my own contributions, nobody else could. It appears that changing my settings has all my credit showing up TODAY when in fact it covers more than a week.
post #1418 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 12:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by DedEmbryonicCe1 View Post
I get that but it wasn't very clear from an end user perspective that while I could see my own contributions, nobody else could. It appears that changing my settings has all my credit showing up TODAY when in fact it covers more than a week.
Yep, I saw your stats update today. For new users, everything will show up as it's like you're a new user today. There are still being that have been crunching for years that enable external stats export. I believe external sites wipe out the user tables so even if you crunched before the option started one would no longer display. Enabling the option would output all the credit as if done in one day.

All user stats can still be seen at [email protected] website. The option is for external stats export.

post #1419 of 1419 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 06:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'm still rocking my i7-6700K so I have it set to run 4 threads whenever CPU usage is below 45% total. That is pretty much all the time except for stalls here and there since I am not playing my more CPU intensive games at the moment. My RX 5700 XT A.E. is on a Wattman profile that runs it at ~100W total but still hashes at almost the full power of the card. The best power curve for this card is well below the factory specs so basically think of them all even reference as factory overclocked at this point. I'm hoping that the future RX 5800/5900 can do the same but at a less gimped core clock speed.

BTW it turns out the OpenCL drivers have a very small/silly bug that make Navi cards produce invalid results with this project. Until there's a fix I am leaving the GPU portion disabled.

Last edited by DedEmbryonicCe1; 09-26-2019 at 03:35 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in