YOU can help create new products @ EK - Page 65 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

YOU can help create new products @ EK

post #641 of 647 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 10:45 AM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by GHADthc View Post
Either a water block that direct die cools Zen 2, or a mounting kit akin to the Naked-Ivy kit, that allows your blocks to mount directly to the die's on Zen 2.
I don't think anyone wants to delid a Ryzen 3000 series chip as they're soldered.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #642 of 647 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 11:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Maybe building a compact liquid cooling line for mini-itx builds. As much fun as it to plan those loops, having components designed around small form factor builds would be awesome. Perfect prototype would be the NCASE M1

X570 chipset blocks to replace the mini-fans would also be greatly appreciated, especially if you could design them to mount universally. Even cooler would be ones to integrate with the NVME drives next to the chipset that you can charge more for.

Last edited by crazycuz2k; 07-11-2019 at 01:28 PM.
post #643 of 647 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Smug, Jaded, Enervated.

Rep: 101 (Unique: 66)
Quote: Originally Posted by AlphaC View Post
I don't think anyone wants to delid a Ryzen 3000 series chip as they're soldered.
De8auer did it with great ease with his delid tool and the little AM4 accessory, I would do it, even if the gains weren't tremendous, they never are, look at all the current top CPU waterblocks, 1-3c separates most of the stack, if I could shave off 5-8c with a direct die mounted waterblock and liquid metal TIM, I would do it, for sure, and I bet there is plenty of others willing, especially if its just something as cheap and easy as a Naked-Ivy type mounting system (I'll probably end up coming up with something myself out of washers and shims etc, but it would be nice to have a cooling company do the r&d for me ha hah).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #644 of 647 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
What I'm missing in my build is a advanced flow indicator with RGB.
not just a simple one with only a spin wheel but one that has a spin wheel plus a small oled screen showing in digital values the water flow in liter per hour and showing the water temperature and showing the rounds per minute of the pump's (roughly calculated by the spin wheels rpm * water flow).
the flow indicator needs to have two G1/4 inlets/outlets and has to function in both directions.

I have now build this EKWB custom loop but I don't know how much water flow, water temperature, pump speed I have unless i go to the Bios.

materials used should be Acetal, Acrylic, Aluminium.
post #645 of 647 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 07:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 24)
Would love to see a 256x128 or 128x128 12c oled display that connects into internal usb ports and show readings off hwinfo or aida64.

Some 12mm rigid fittings with double o rings.
post #646 of 647 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 01:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Would love a Gigabyte X570 Extreme Monoblock! Also, 140mm Vardar RGB Fans would be great.
post #647 of 647 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 02:19 PM
⤷ αC

Rep: 904 (Unique: 590)
Quote: Originally Posted by Tech22 View Post
Would love a Gigabyte X570 Extreme Monoblock! Also, 140mm Vardar RGB Fans would be great.
The Total Addressable Market (TAM) on that board is extremely low because it's fan-less already and the power delivery doesn't need a heat-sink let alone watercooling.

EKWB has a dilemma as Asus idiotically made X570 Formula with just VRM block instead of having a chipset cooler without a fan. As such unless EKWB starts making blocks for the STRIX boards (mainly the X570-E , which seems to share a layout with WS ace) or makes full coverage including chipset there isn't much of a market.

They've done so in the past:
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-kit-...-acetal-nickel : The water blocks directly cool Intel X99 Express southbridge (PCH) chip and power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-kit-re4-en-nickel-csq : The water blocks directly cools Intel X79 Express southbridge (PCH) chip and power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-kit-...-acetal-nickel : The water blocks directly cools Intel X99 southbridge (PCH) chip and power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fb-kit-ga-x99-le-nickel : The water blocks directly cools power regulation (VRM / MOSFETs) module while the heat sink cools Intel X99 southbridge (PCH) chip.

EKWB's best bet to make profit is to address $300+ Gigabyte Aorus Master (if covering chipset) + MSI Ace/Creation /Godlike + Asrock Taichi /Creator boards with a full cover block covering chipset (akin to Asrock Aqua) as they happen to be 3x M.2 (PCIE 4.0) and have decent VRM to begin with. People aren't going to pay extra for blocks on $200-250 boards with 2x M.2 and cut down features so putting in R&D money there is going to be relatively inefficient.

► Recommended GPU Projects: [email protected] , [email protected] (FP64) (AMD moreso) ► Other notable GPU projects: [email protected] (Nvidia), GPUGrid (Nvidia) ► Project list

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in