YOU can help create new products @ EK - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

YOU can help create new products @ EK

post #1 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:39 AM - Thread Starter

EK Forum visitors,

I am starting a thread dedicated to Sharing of Product ideas you think EK should look into. At EKWB we always listen to the community and try to fulfill your requirements (we even had a special site for that), so if you think we have forgotten to develop something that you need, you should let us know right here in this thread. We will evaluate your idea and give you feedback.

If we decide to implement your idea you will become part of development process.

So what does that mean? It means that you will become our team member and will have contact with our development engineer responsible for selected project. You will receive regular updates and ability to comment and suggest any alterations (no promise that those will be implemented). Also, once finished you will receive a free sample of the new product together with a "EK Thank you" package.

There are a few rules to know about:
[*] please do NOT request regular water blocks for upcoming or recently released hardware on this thread (those requests will be ignored),
[*] try to avoid suggestions of copying competitor products (we most likely already know about them and decided not to follow similar route),
[*] in case EK is already developing such idea please understand that your suggestion has no implication to the process,
[*] by posting your idea you assign the right of use to EK without any limitation in terms of geography, time or content, which right includes the right to use, perform, exhibit, broadcast/ transmit, distribute, duplicate process amend and transfer to third parties.
[*] OCN participant expressly assures that all content provided by him does not infringe any copyright or other property rights of third parties respectively that content, for which a third-party obtains such rights, is explicitly authorized for distribution and that the content is no company secret.

We encourage that ideas in this thread are freely discussed and commented - support by other OCN members will give weight to such ideas and those are more likely to pass our evaluation process.

I thank you in advance for your inputs,

Mark
EKWB CEO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 893 (Unique: 611)
I think EK has done it all except a respectful Fan controller. the market lacks a decent well prices fan controller. Yes there are many.. but there is a spot missing for non over priced ones. like the spot between usb ones and the BIG MODELS is huge.. there is a gab to fill.

Maybe a full fan/LED controller hub that's EK branded.. we got cases, blocks, tubes,fittings fans and cases. but we don't have this missing part.

Oh yeah, I'm Back.
Hot Flame (WIP)
(8 items)
CPU
AMD R7 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU
AMD 5700 XT
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus G
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XR342CKP
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 37)
Have you considered personalisation services? Backplate engraving, top engraving etc? It could be as simple as allowing a certain number of characters be engraved on a product, with a limited set of fonts made available.

I guess the main issue is scaling that type of service and making it economically viable for the company, but I can imagine many people would be willing to pay a premium to get a personal touch on their products. I certainly would be, and do go to custom design houses to get this sort of service today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz View Post

Have you considered personalisation services? Backplate engraving, top engraving etc? It could be as simple as allowing a certain number of characters be engraved on a product, with a limited set of fonts made available.

I guess the main issue is scaling that type of service and making it economically viable for the company, but I can imagine many people would be willing to pay a premium to get a personal touch on their products. I certainly would be, and do go to custom design houses to get this sort of service today.

You know EK is a Slovenia company. it's will be way expensive for them to ship this to you than you getting it local..

Oh yeah, I'm Back.
Hot Flame (WIP)
(8 items)
CPU
AMD R7 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
AMD 5700 XT
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus G
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XR342CKP
▲ hide details ▲

post #5 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 03:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzinho View Post

You know EK is a Slovenia company. it's will be way expensive for them to ship this to you than you getting it local..

I am in europe so no, it would not be.
post #6 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 04:01 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbz View Post

I am in europe so no, it would not be.

Different story then biggrin.gif ...

Oh yeah, I'm Back.
Hot Flame (WIP)
(8 items)
CPU
AMD R7 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
AMD 5700 XT
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus G
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XR342CKP
▲ hide details ▲

post #7 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 04:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Different story then biggrin.gif ...

I only suggest it because EK have the full supply chain to the customer via their website, unlike pretty much every other vendor biggrin.gif
post #8 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 04:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 224 (Unique: 145)
Yeah!!!

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced

Build Log Ukrainian Banderas devil.gifgunner2.gifgunner.gifsniper.gif

Just playing with cooling and Computers
post #9 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I think EK has done it all except a respectful Fan controller. the market lacks a decent well prices fan controller. Yes there are many.. but there is a spot missing for non over priced ones. like the spot between usb ones and the BIG MODELS is huge.. there is a gab to fill.

Maybe a full fan/LED controller hub that's EK branded.. we got cases, blocks, tubes,fittings fans and cases. but we don't have this missing part.

Ramzinho, thanks for your input.

Maybe you know that we already had such controller in development, we even published a screenshot of control panel - it was called Ascendency and was very close to actual release. Then, with the PWM becoming so popular and widely available we re-designed Ascendency and will be bringing out Fan controller worthily of EK brand name. When? When it's fully tested and ready to amaze you - sometime in 2015. thumb.gif
post #10 of 647 (permalink) Old 03-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by EK-CEO View Post

Ramzinho, thanks for your input.

Maybe you know that we already had such controller in development, we even published a screenshot of control panel - it was called Ascendency and was very close to actual release. Then, with the PWM becoming so popular and widely available we re-designed Ascendency and will be bringing out Fan controller worthily of EK brand name. When? When it's fully tested and ready to amaze you - sometime in 2015. thumb.gif

Thanks a lot. i didn't know about that.. Just bear in mind poor people like me smile.gif .. we need a non pwm version biggrin.gif ... and that's great to hear.

Oh yeah, I'm Back.
Hot Flame (WIP)
(8 items)
CPU
AMD R7 3700X
Motherboard
GPU
AMD 5700 XT
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus G
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XR342CKP
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in