EVGA 1080 TI SC2 - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

EVGA 1080 TI SC2

post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:42 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Quote: Originally Posted by KuroiJay View Post
It's the EK waterblock for the FE 1080ti.. It fit with no mods needed. Works great!

I'm guessing its the Nickel Plexi block? There is an RGB version of that block that may not fit. I just wanted to make sure.

I can make out the first few numbers underneath the bar code on your pic just to make sure I have the right part number. 3831109...

It is also the same one that is used in that video a few posts back.

So we can say for sure that we have 2 blocks that fit the SC2:

The EVGA Hydrocopper 400-HC-5599-B1: https://www.evga.com/products/produc...00-HC-5599-B1# $169.99

The EK-FC GeForce GTX FE - Nickel 3831109831977: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-fc-geforce-gtx-fe-nickel $134.99

Maybe the hydrocopper will go on sale again. Do they do promos often? I don't think I have seen many promos for EK blocks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 12:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

I needed another block for an Ti SC2 that I got a deal on. Sadly, they're End of life. Can't find them on eBay or eVGA US Store.

Found availability on the EU store but can't order. Here's eVGA response:

Quote:
Hello,

Unfortunately not since that is an End of Life Product that we no longer sell on our US site since we do not sell the 1080Ti cards anymore. The only way to get it from our EU store would be if you knew someone in the EU to order it for you then they ship it out to you here once they receive it.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
EVGA
A pain so going to try the BARROW BS-NVG1080T-PA, currently $95 shipped.

Only concern is the fan header on the bottom left of the SC2 PCB. I'm curious how the EK block has no problems with it.
edit: Looks fine no modifications:

Last edited by encore2097; 01-20-2019 at 10:09 PM.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 11:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Got a bit of a deal, BARROW BS-NVG1080T-PA for $87 shipped. Will install when it arrives in about 2 weeks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 12:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Got the BARROW BS-NVG1080T-PA and its NOT compatible without removing the lower right fan header.

I de-solder'ed and it came out in one piece. Block installed without issues and I used the stock back plate. One minor issue is the half back-plate closest to the I/O ports has slight movement because the middle screws are no longer used

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in