Compatibility of the EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock with Z370-I - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Compatibility of the EK-FB ASUS Z270I Strix RGB Monoblock with Z370-I

post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-04-2018, 03:56 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Can I hopelessly revive this thread, and ask how you got the CE280 in the front with the control panel still attached? I found your thread searching as I am doing a similar setup (Nano S / CE280).

I had to drill out both rivets on the front left side to get the radiator in flush against the front, however it blocks the slot for the control panel/USB headers in it.. what did you do to resolve that?

How did you mount your 140mm fans, as the radiator sits really high and offsets the holes too far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:05 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote: Originally Posted by Shellite View Post
Can I hopelessly revive this thread, and ask how you got the CE280 in the front with the control panel still attached? I found your thread searching as I am doing a similar setup (Nano S / CE280).

I had to drill out both rivets on the front left side to get the radiator in flush against the front, however it blocks the slot for the control panel/USB headers in it.. what did you do to resolve that?

How did you mount your 140mm fans, as the radiator sits really high and offsets the holes too far?
I hope you aren't shy with using a dremel! I can't attach pics for some reason but I chucked them on imgur.
No chance this is possible with the audio and USB headers in - I am only using the board jumpers here. In hindsight, I would have relocated the power button elsewhere, I would definitely consider this if I were you man. Took me hours of careful grinding to get right.

In one of the pics you can see the opening I made for the wires to now go through, that's how I fixed that. There's enough give in them that you can do that.

PM me if you need a further hand with this!

https://imgur.com/s6u1RHb
https://imgur.com/WZwCM8M
https://imgur.com/vAGvypr
https://imgur.com/G3KfMuy
https://imgur.com/cbOeNGn

Last edited by GrumpyBear17; 07-09-2018 at 05:08 AM.
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 07-09-2018, 05:43 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 0
Thanks for taking time to reply to this old thread, I certainly wasn't shy with the dremel... I will take some pictures tomorrow afternoon when I get home from work. I have the CE280 installed, with the audio/usb headers all in tact... have I gone too far?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 12:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Sorry for reviving an old thread but how this monoblock performs on z370i mobo, especially with no contact with inductors
I’m thinking to add a copper bar 3x10x50mm between inductors and the monoclock with liquid metal on the monoblock side and thermal pad on the inductors side. Or it is all fine and does not worth the effort?
Click image for larger version

Name:	F47B98AE-460E-4ABB-9C86-FAD3598C7E90_1547022837861.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	1,017.4 KB
ID:	245018

Name:	E4885825-1378-402F-806F-49DCC12359B6_1547022816227.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	245016

Last edited by MaratRussian; 01-09-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-09-2019, 04:47 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
Quote: Originally Posted by MaratRussian View Post
Or it is all fine and does not worth the effort?
I don't believe it makes any difference to highest clocks you can achieve, maybe the lifespan of the chokes is improved.

If you are easily able to buy or make the correct sized copper bar, then it's pretty easy to add it. I would not recommend liquid metal, thin paste is fine between copper bar and block (if it's the right height). Several extra thermal pads are included with the block.

post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 02:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by WiSK View Post
If you are easily able to buy or make the correct sized copper bar, then it's pretty easy to add it. I would not recommend liquid metal, thin paste is fine between copper bar and block (if it's the right height). Several extra thermal pads are included with the block.
probabbly go that way, LM would be an overkill
I've already bought different thickness thermal pads starting drom 0.5mm -1mm 1.5mm and 2mm. The distance between the waterblock and the chokes is around 4mm (as I measured) so 3 mm copper would be enough. it costs around $5 from aliexpress delivered to my door) https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Tp9PW0i
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 12:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Hi unfortunatly my z370i died, thus it was sent to the seller and after few months they agreed on replacement, however they do not have z370i in stock, so they offered z390i instead, I've found some pictures of both boards without the heatsinks and it looks like z370i monoblock might fit on z390i
The only difference is in the VRM heatsink mounting hole next to EPS connector
what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG1660.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	266782  

Name:	IMG_0266_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	266784  

Name:	IMG1665.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	266786  

Name:	IMG_0263_large.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	266788  

post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:52 PM
EKWB Forum Rep

Rep: 18 (Unique: 12)
Hi unfortunatly my z370i died, thus it was sent to the seller and after few months they agreed on replacement, however they do not have z370i in stock, so they offered z390i instead, I've found some pictures of both boards without the heatsinks and it looks like z370i monoblock might fit on z390i
what do you think?
Capacitors and VRMs are slightly different.

We're making a Z390I monoblock, but it's still a little ways off. Maybe end of May?

EKWB Forum Rep
post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 10:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote: Originally Posted by EKJake View Post
what do you think?
Capacitors and VRMs are slightly different.

We're making a Z390I monoblock, but it's still a little ways off. Maybe end of May?
As I understand the difference between z270i monoblock and z390i is the vrm heatsink which are bolted to the waterblock. If they are compatible is it possible to get an “upgrade” kit?
post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:03 PM
EKWB Forum Rep

Rep: 18 (Unique: 12)
As I understand the difference between z270i monoblock and z390i is the vrm heatsink which are bolted to the waterblock. If they are compatible is it possible to get an “upgrade” kit?
I'm about 95% the VRM section isn't interchangeable between them due to the initial design. You can check with support to verify, though. If it does fit, you might be able to purchase the VRM section alone, but I'm honestly not sure.

EKWB Forum Rep

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in