EK-Kit X360 with Phanteks Evolv X... - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

EK-Kit X360 with Phanteks Evolv X...

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
EK-Kit X360 with Phanteks Evolv X...

The EK radiator that comes with the EK-Kit X360 water loop kit is 60mm thick. Add to that the thickness of a 120mm fan= 25mm. So, that's 85mm thick.

I want to put that X360 w/ 3 fans on the top of the case. I cannot tell if there will be enough room. I'm confused by the message from Phanteks customer service about whether it will fit or not. The image shows 65mm of space.... enough for the rad, but not w/ the fans...

The motherboard will be the Asus Maximus 'Formula XI'. I'll hate to have to send back the loop kit to EK.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Evolv X radiator (1).PNG
Views:	52
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	223930  

New rig... under construction...
Asus Hero XI | 9900K | EK CPU Loop | EVGA 2080ti FTW3 | Samsung M.2 SSD 1TB | Crucial M.2 SSD 1TB | Seasonic 850 Titanium | Acer 27" XB271HU | Phanteks Evolv X
"Like most weak men, he prided himself on never changing one's mind." -W Somerset Maugham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-13-2018, 10:23 AM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 761
it is 65mm from top to mobo edge at 9:07

now if you look at 6:23 the rad is offset, away from the mobo so low profile ram will fit w/o an issue. you'll just have 20mm covering the top edge.

"Name as many uses for a brick as you can in one minute." - interview at graphics-chip maker Nvidia for a campaign-manager job
Fermi: it's better to burn out than fade away.
Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
"The more you buy, the more you save." - Jensen Huang GTC 2018
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by looniam; 10-13-2018 at 10:26 AM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

DOH...

I appreciate you taking the time. But, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Sorry.

*EDIT*... Ah, you believe there's nothing tall along the edge of the MB to prevent the rad/fans to have enough room, correct?

The Phanteks Evolv X and the 9900K are on order. The Asus Maximus 'Formula' MB I have not even been able to pre-order yet. I'm still trying to decide which 2080ti ....I'm leaning to EVGA, but don't know which one. I will not OC the vid card.

Asus Hero XI | 9900K | EK CPU Loop | EVGA 2080ti FTW3 | Samsung M.2 SSD 1TB | Crucial M.2 SSD 1TB | Seasonic 850 Titanium | Acer 27" XB271HU | Phanteks Evolv X
"Like most weak men, he prided himself on never changing one's mind." -W Somerset Maugham
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Rep: 368
It will "fit", but will likely hang down so low that it will be in front of the CPU block.

Yeah....the little girl hentai avatar is really creeping me out....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:32 AM
professional curmudgeon

Rep: 761
Quote: Originally Posted by Novak-Djokovic View Post
DOH...

I appreciate you taking the time. But, I'm not seeing what you're seeing. Sorry.

*EDIT*... Ah, you believe there's nothing tall along the edge of the MB to prevent the rad/fans to have enough room, correct?

The Phanteks Evolv X and the 9900K are on order. The Asus Maximus 'Formula' MB I have not even been able to pre-order yet. I'm still trying to decide which 2080ti ....I'm leaning to EVGA, but don't know which one. I will not OC the vid card.
yes, as ciarlatano mentioned.

without try to sound confusing it's the depth when looking in the side. so from the motherboard tray; the standoffs, thickness of the motherboard and "height" of the RAM, vrm heatsinks and cpu block need to be 50mm or less. i'm sure everything but the ram isn't an issue.

i found this pic w/google and i believe that could be EK XE360 that is 60mm:

Spoiler!

everything looks good - just need the cpu power plug and ram installed before installing the fans or rad w/fans (that is usual) if 85mm-65mm= 20mm (less than 25mm fan thickness.)

"Name as many uses for a brick as you can in one minute." - interview at graphics-chip maker Nvidia for a campaign-manager job
Fermi: it's better to burn out than fade away.
Remember the golden rule of statistics: A personal sample size of one is a sufficient basis upon which to draw universal conclusions.
"The more you buy, the more you save." - Jensen Huang GTC 2018
loon 3.2
(18 items)
CPU
i7-3770K
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Pro
GPU
EVGA 980TI SC+
RAM
16Gb PNY ddr3 1866
Hard Drive
PNY 1311 240Gb
Hard Drive
1 TB Seagate
Hard Drive
3 TB WD Blue
Optical Drive
DVD DVDRW+/-
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
Cooling
EKWB P280 kit
Cooling
EK-VGA supremacy
Case
Stryker M [hammered and drilled]
Operating System
Win X
Monitor
LG 24MC57HQ-P
Keyboard
Ducky Zero [blues]
Mouse
corsair M65
Audio
SB Recon3D
Audio
Klipsch ProMedia 2.1
▲ hide details ▲

Last edited by looniam; 10-15-2018 at 09:36 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:27 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Quote: Originally Posted by looniam View Post
yes, as ciarlatano mentioned.

without try to sound confusing it's the depth when looking in the side. so from the motherboard tray; the standoffs, thickness of the motherboard and "height" of the RAM, vrm heatsinks and cpu block need to be 50mm or less. i'm sure everything but the ram isn't an issue.

i found this pic w/google and i believe that could be EK XE360 that is 60mm:

everything looks good - just need the cpu power plug and ram installed before installing the fans or rad w/fans (that is usual) if 85mm-65mm= 20mm (less than 25mm fan thickness.)
That appears to be a 38mm thick PE360.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

With that image and explanation, I see how the the case top rad/fans fit there.... Thanks. My fans will blow out thru the radiator. Three fans in front blowing in. Rear 120 or 140 fan blowing out.

So, I'll get the EK-Kit X360 water cpu-only kit. I'm going to get the PrimoChill 'blood red' flex tubing. The Evolv X is on order through PerfPC's.

I have been unable to even pre-order the Z390 Asus Maximus 'Formula XI' yet. The 9900K cpu is pre-ordered.

With the above description of how I want to set up the fans, etc, which EVGA 2080ti should I get? (I will not OC the vid card.)

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16
The EK radiator that comes with the EK-Kit X360 water loop kit is 60mm thick. Add to that the thickness of a 120mm fan= 25mm. So, that's 85mm thick.

I want to put that X360 w/ 3 fans on the top of the case. I cannot tell if there will be enough room. I'm confused by the message from Phanteks customer service about whether it will fit or not. The image shows 65mm of space.... enough for the rad, but not w/ the fans...

The motherboard will be the Asus Maximus 'Formula XI'. I'll hate to have to send back the loop kit to EK.
sorry my friend but that's a bad case choice for the kind of set up you want to do. You'll be so sorry even if you manage to cram it in. You should really be looking at something similar but larger and more comfortable like TT x71:

https://www.thermaltake.com/products...?id=C_00002790
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Just received this email from EK customer tech: He says it will NOT fit!! I don't know what to do...

"EKWB Support (Igor) (EKWB Support)

Oct 16, 12:18 CEST

Thank you for contacting us.
That is correct, if you have only 65mm of space there you won't be able to fit the X kit in this case.
I would suggest getting the S kit for this case, where the radiator is 28mm + fans 25mm, so there won't be any issues with that.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-s360

Best regards, Igor"

------------------
Submitted from: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-x360

Attachment(s)
Evolv X radiator (1).PNG

Last edited by Novak-Djokovic; 10-16-2018 at 06:20 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 07:56 AM
Shooting down fallacies

Just received this email from EK customer tech: He says it will NOT fit!! I don't know what to do...

"EKWB Support (Igor) (EKWB Support)

Oct 16, 12:18 CEST

Thank you for contacting us.
That is correct, if you have only 65mm of space there you won't be able to fit the X kit in this case.
I would suggest getting the S kit for this case, where the radiator is 28mm + fans 25mm, so there won't be any issues with that.
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-s360

Best regards, Igor"

------------------
Submitted from: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-x360

Attachment(s)
Evolv X radiator (1).PNG
Again.....it does fit due to the offset on the top mounting. However, it will hang in front of the CPU block, and is a terrible rad choice for the case to begin with. Though, the S Kit is a far worse choice given that it uses literally the worst rad on the market.

You can do the XE in the front, or you can put the pieces together to use a PE rad. Or....you can simply put together a loop yourself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in