AMD Radeon VII waterblock? - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

AMD Radeon VII waterblock?

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I wrote to EKWB and asked if there would be a waterblock for the Radeon VII card. Today I received an answer by email from Igor, who works at EKWB.
Yes, EKWB working on a waterblock for the Radeon VII card and it is expected to be available for purchase in 4 - 6 weeks.

Last edited by hellraver; 02-11-2019 at 02:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 AM
New to Overclock.net

Got a reply from EKWB saying "ETA is about 2 months " would upload a screenshot but I dunno if I can here.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

See Attachment 😉
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	24C09006-A460-4896-8652-6E78940B8B27_1550118926097.png
Views:	30
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	253426  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

2 Furys
Quote: Originally Posted by hellraver View Post
See Attachment 😉
Look at my attachment.

I got my RADEON VII card a week ago and I have already installed the card in my new system. I have also finished my new all EKWB custom loop with 2 560 rads. I plan to go with 4 560 rads since my case is big enough to handle them and just be on the secure side and feature proof. I didn't had to install a single 45 or 90° angle, so flow should be pretty high on this loop. it has paid off that I have used 16/10 soft tubing.

now all I need is a waterblock for the gpu.

I have to say it's a very good card, it's the best AMD card i ever had. i have upgraded from 2 XFX Fury X in crossfire to 1 Radeon VII and I got now more performance than before with the 2 cards. the VII runs up to 1845 Mhz and is quiet, I can't hear the card from my case ventilators spinning only at 600 rpm, temps are around 59° C (my old 2 Furys run at around 40°C, so this card runs a little bit hotter) and the card is using around 216 watts. I never thought an air-cooled card could be so quiet. i play at 4K on a 32" 60 Hz Ips Hdr monitor locked to 59 fps Ingame, I never seen the fps go lower than that. all that hype the card is loud, hot, has no performance is mostly exaggerated. you can't compare artificial tests with the real life practice. my breathing is louder than my case fans and the VII fans. I only had problems installing the Radeon Settings software from the AMD driver. I had to boot into safe mode and install the driver twice. so far I also never had any driver crash or similar problems, all games run as smooth as possible. thank you AMD and EKWB for the great products. finally it was worth to upgrade the system.

P.S. I like the design and look of EKWB cpu waterblocks, gpu blocks and the pump and reservoir. (I've got the 400ml version) I also like the RGB and it's compatibility to AURA Sync.

I just wish EKWB would make a 140mm Led Red and Led RGB fan with rpms between 400-2000 and high static pressure and air flow. And maybe EKWB could make a PWM 9 x fan hub/splitter and a 5/6 channel fan touchscreen controller with 15/30 watts per channel and link channels together features. I had to use a fan controller and fan hub from somewhere else, but somehow you have to control 32 fans if you go with 4 560 rads in push/pull config.

And maybe EWKB could make a 560 rad in 60mm thickness?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ekwb.png
Views:	17
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	253906  

Last edited by SilverAmd; 02-16-2019 at 08:29 PM.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-19-2019, 10:53 AM
The Sizzler

Rep: 18 (Unique: 16)
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 08:10 PM
EKWB Forum Rep

Rep: 16 (Unique: 10)
Current ETA is end of March to early April for launching the Vega 7 blocks.

EKWB Forum Rep
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 04:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Quote: Originally Posted by EKJake View Post
Current ETA is end of March to early April for launching the Vega 7 blocks.
Can we expect it to be cut in aluminum as well. I bought your guys fluid gaming and need an aluminum block =D

Tags
Amd , gpu block , radeon , vii , water block

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in