Dell Optiplex 780 minitower - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Dell Optiplex 780 minitower

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
HI all I came across a dell optiplex 780 mini tower last week for $50 with the q45 express chipset and the LGA 775 I'm am wanting to mod/upgrade it in anyway to make it perform better and look better.

also I need ideas for case mods for the same computer and any other mods that I can do to it.

I all ready own a really nice gaming pc but would be nice if I could do a little gaming but not necessary

Any input is helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 07:36 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 9 (Unique: 8)
IIRC, the 780 uses a microATX/ITX case. It has only low profile expansion slots with an ITX power supply. If you are looking for upgrades, the one you need to get is SSD. Every computer can benefit from the speed of the SSD. There doesn't seem to be much you can do for the processor but you can install a better graphics card as long as it is a low profile card and the PSU is large enough. ITX PSUs are hard to come by in large wattages. Therefore, you'll probably only be able to put in a GT 730 at best.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in