WHICH IS THE BETTER BUDGET PC? - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

WHICH IS THE BETTER BUDGET PC?

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
SO guys, I have a question. I want to buy a PC so that I can upgrade my old PREBULT HP PAVILION PC. Which is the better BUDGET PC among these two? I already have a somewhat decent gpu. IT'S a ZOTAC GTX 750 TI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:44 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)
The second pc has more of an upgrade path currently given that it has a current socket. The first is a quad core though and the second only a dual core with no ht. I guess if I had to pick between the two personally I'd go with the intel build, drop a used i5 and a second stick of memory into as soon as the budget allowed.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 AM
I do stuff

Rep: 245 (Unique: 215)
I agree with @PurdueBoy. The second one is a current socket so the upgrade path is much better. That said, I can't seem to find whether that motherboard supports DDR4 as well. The only listed memory type for it is DDR3L. That would be just about the only thing holding back upgrade-ability.

Out of curiosity, why not build your own rig? You could definitely beat the quality and price of that prebuilt.

Steam: Flatliner

Origin: FlatlinerG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:09 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 70 (Unique: 63)
Prebuilts usually cut corners on the mobo and power supply, the most important parts of your system (I mean it's not like there are more than 2 cpu makers and basically every gpu manufacturer is reputable), only other place to cut corners is ram and case (which doesn't matter). But yah I'd for sure recommend building your own pc. The price would be about the same, possibly. It's unclear of those prebuilts come with an os or not.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Welp thanks for the advises. I guess I'll just have to buy the different components individually. I guess it would be cheaper. But I think this is the cheapest price that you can build a PC for here in my country?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 06:51 AM
I do stuff

Rep: 245 (Unique: 215)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanoda View Post

Welp thanks for the advises. I guess I'll just have to buy the different components individually. I guess it would be cheaper. But I think this is the cheapest price that you can build a PC for here in my country?

What's your budget and location? I'm sure we can help pick parts.

Steam: Flatliner

Origin: FlatlinerG

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:13 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 18 (Unique: 18)
Hey not trying to revive an old thread, but I am curious on what you ended up doing. If you must choose a computer I would say go with the second one because of all of the reasons posted above, but if you decided to go the route of buying the parts separately that would offer you the best bang for your buck. Again if you post your budget and location I'm sure you will get numerous build responses.

Please do not bash the fact that I use a gaming laptop as my main system, or tell me to sell it and buy a real gaming computer my life does not permit this at the moment. smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in