More updates! I have finished cutting away all the plastic on top and I am now in possession of the shroud, or at least what left from the chopjob.
Below: Here is the only pic I took while cutting away the rest of the top plastic. It worked out perfetly that the cut was exactly as wide as the fan grill, so there will be no slots on either side of the shroud. My dumb luck in action
Below: Here is the shroud. I have taken off the angled plastic sides, so now it is pretty much a flat box, which will allow it to fit between the handle and also make it mount and look better on the top. I took off a bunch of the base metal to accomodate the screws for the handle and the other mounting devices of the plastic. They wont be noticeable anyway, so dont mind the metallic sharpie. They will be covered by the plastic on either side. Note:Two and a half rolls of masking tape gave their lives for the success of this project.
Below: Time for some many metal cutting, the really messy part. For this I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade. I will round the corners with that, and then go back and straighten them out later.
Below: I was too lazy to take the power supply and all of the cables out, so I just taped the ends and fan hole to keep the dust out. I dont think it should be a problem!
Well, im gettin down to the real nitty gritty of this mod now, there is definately no turning back. So far I am very happy with how things are going. The shroud and and other cuts have gone better than expected, and my brothers jagsaw skills should come in handy for the next part
. as always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions!