[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON! - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON!

post #101 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 08:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

I bought my mom one of the vaporizors and she's been off cigarettes for 2.5 months now after 25+ years of smoking. Look into it man! It's definitely worth it. thumb.gif
I've already finished the hinges. Check the updates on the first page. smile.gif

Really? I got a disposable at the gas station and they werent enjoyable. Maybe I just got to try it again or go cold turkey. Ill do it tomorrow after work, im supposed to be meeting with a friend of mine about a potential job offer of a lifetime, life decisions tomorrow night hopefully

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 22)
yep i seen where they were finished. It's just that when I see those hinges with the
hand carving in them seems such a waste to cover it up reminds me of the old
cast iron gate hings. which the artisans put just enough design on them to make them
look utilitarin but still make them stand out a little.

but youll just have to ignore me im an antique nut I love anything that has that old
antiquey look

hmm hey repo I havent got to read the original build thread but do you know if the dimensions
for all the case parts are in it?

hey reciever the best ones I've found are called blu they give you the nicotine without the
tar and such and you can get the cartridges in different nicotine amounts so you can
start with high nicotine like regular cigs and as you go along you can start cutting it down
until you finally quit.
post #103 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:12 PM
New to Overclock.net

Hey thanks a bunch guys, ill have to look into those soon and replace cancer sticks for good.

Cmon Repo man, looking forward to some more pics! cheers.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

your waiting to huh Reciever. I'm actually sitting here reading the original log trying to see if he snuck
the dimensions for the pieces in there somewhere Since I'm disabled now and have access to a full
shop I'm thinking it might be fun to take that design modify it a little to have a antique look to it kindof
like one of those old street lanterns come to think of it thats exactly what that case reminds me of
now. as they were square with flat tops and bottoms one side would slide up so the lantern workers
could light them then let the side slide back down into place then where that top big circle is it had
a small metal ring that attached it to the lamp post.
post #105 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 PM
New to Overclock.net

I didnt post in here, but I subbed this thread back when it was conceived, been waiting for some time (admittedly not actively).

Plus its fun to push each other to do more than we thought we would, this is OCN after all. Just dont overclock your mind as that is irreversible and resetting CMOS isnt always guaranteed redface.gif

post #106 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 09:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

now you say that sheesh done over clocked mine but like 2000mhz.
sheesh ahh well if it cooks it cooks. I'll just replace it with an old p66
afterwords
post #107 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-13-2014, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Hey thanks a bunch guys, ill have to look into those soon and replace cancer sticks for good.

Cmon Repo man, looking forward to some more pics! cheers.gif
I'll grab some pics tomorrow for you guys!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vedaire View Post

your waiting to huh Reciever. I'm actually sitting here reading the original log trying to see if he snuck
the dimensions for the pieces in there somewhere Since I'm disabled now and have access to a full
shop I'm thinking it might be fun to take that design modify it a little to have a antique look to it kindof
like one of those old street lanterns come to think of it thats exactly what that case reminds me of
now. as they were square with flat tops and bottoms one side would slide up so the lantern workers
could light them then let the side slide back down into place then where that top big circle is it had
a small metal ring that attached it to the lamp post.

And I will grab you some measurements tomorrow as well!

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

post #108 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:55 AM
New to Overclock.net

cool thank you I might try to duplicate it and modify
parts of it to look more like one of those old style
street lights from back when. Think that would look really
neat especially if I can get the light to look like the gas light
they used.
post #109 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 12:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 262 (Unique: 224)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Really? I got a disposable at the gas station and they werent enjoyable. Maybe I just got to try it again or go cold turkey. Ill do it tomorrow after work, im supposed to be meeting with a friend of mine about a potential job offer of a lifetime, life decisions tomorrow night hopefully
The crappy ones at gas stations are exactly that - crappy.

Pick up a Vision Spinner battery, and a Kanger Tank with some fluid from VapeRite.com - you'll be able to quit then. If you buy crappy ones, they work from crap, but a good one and they work really well. I've helped 4 people quit smoking (my bro was pack and a half a day) by helping them find a good e-cig and fluid that they like.

Term of Service: If I can google your question and get a correct answer in the first 5 links, on my first try; I reserve the right to link you through Let MeGoogleThatForYou.com with the number for the correct answer.

post #110 of 335 (permalink) Old 03-15-2014, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
Putting together a parts list. So far I've got two EK Supremacy blocks (cpu and gpu) and two 480 rads. I'm going to be going with XSPC low profile radiators. I plan on using these mainly due to their price and size. Being a slim rad, I can reuse them later in my own tower case (Phantom).

Just updating you guys on the parts hunt as it evolves. smile.gif

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in