[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON! - Page 13 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON!

post #121 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 03:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
How goes the restoratiom? Any more progress? biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 03:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimbleJack View Post

How goes the restoratiom? Any more progress? biggrin.gif

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
post #123 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
Nothing new to report on as of now. I still need to buy the second 480 rad and the GPU block, which will be soon now that the semester is over at college/uni. Once I get those parts in, I'll probably start building INTO the case to see how everything lays out. Who knows, I'll be free this week from work/classes so I might get bored and start seeing about wiring and stuff in the case. thumb.gif

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-26-2014, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Ok, second rad and GPU water block will be purchased in the next two weeks (probably this week). Going to go with clear tubing as well. I'll probably just grab some extra barbs and clamps for the hoses. I don't have the cash for anything more fancy than regular old barbs. But anyone has some spare 1/2" ID barbs laying around, you'd save me having to buy 6 more. tongue.gif Just a quick update y'all! I'll get Silentium out of storage next weekend and begin mocking things into it, so stay tuned for pics of that in a few more days. thumb.gif

Edit: Also, any recommendations for tubing? I'd like to go with Tygon, but FrozenCPU lists like a thousand different types. I'm looking for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing. Annnnd, can anyone dig up in the original posts for Silentium how many feet of tubing it needed? I have no idea how much or how little I should order. redface.gif I'm thinking at least 15ft.

The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Chlokwork Orange

post #125 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

Also, any recommendations for tubing? I'd like to go with Tygon, but FrozenCPU lists like a thousand different types. I'm looking for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing (edited in) or 1/2"/5/8". Annnnd, can anyone dig up in the original posts for Silentium how many feet of tubing it needed? I have no idea how much or how little I should order. redface.gif I'm thinking at least 15ft.
Bump, any suggestions?

Chlokwork Orange

post #126 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Only that I feel a little ashamed that I might not be there to see this epic build.

Pulled a nice contract in southern texas to work weekdays for an oil company. Will you be there on the weekend? Not sure if there is a date set for quakecon yet

post #127 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Only that I feel a little ashamed that I might not be there to see this epic build.

Pulled a nice contract in southern texas to work weekdays for an oil company. Will you be there on the weekend? Not sure if there is a date set for quakecon yet
Quakecon will be July 17-20, Thursday - Sunday. I'll be there the whole time. I'll probably be packing up the rig eaaaarly Sunday morning for check-out. But yes, I'll def be there all day Friday and Saturday. Hope you can swing by man. smile.gif

Chlokwork Orange

post #128 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 01:20 PM
New to Overclock.net

Then at Ieast ill be able to check it out on saturday, working off site for the week is a little inconvenient lol

post #129 of 335 (permalink) Old 05-30-2014, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReciever View Post

Then at Ieast ill be able to check it out on saturday, working off site for the week is a little inconvenient lol

Awesome man! Glad you'll be able to make it by. I'll be in seat B-56-1 (about 8 rows back from the Network Hub) on the aisle seat. Probably won't be able to miss it! thumb.gif

Chlokwork Orange

post #130 of 335 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 02:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 7)
Quote:

Quote:

Also, any recommendations for tubing? I'd like to go with Tygon, but FrozenCPU lists like a thousand different types. I'm looking for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing (edited in) or 1/2"/5/8". Annnnd, can anyone dig up in the original posts for Silentium how many feet of tubing it needed? I have no idea how much or how little I should order. redface.gif I'm thinking at least 15ft.
Bump, any suggestions?

Primochill's advanced LRT

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/17584/ex-tub-1573/PrimoChill_PrimoFlex_Advanced_LRT_Tubing_12ID_x_34_OD_-_Clear_PFLEXA-34.html?tl=g30c99s1614

I would dig up the thread abouttube clouding, but bottom line is any tubing is going to have some sort of clouding based on your coolant, blocks, and whatever crap is left over in your rads. Expect to have to change the tubing again in 6 months.

Use either 1/2*3/4 or 7/16*5/8, always choose tubing with a 1/4 wall to avoid collapse and liquid seepage.

I recently went through the original thread from front to back, i dont recall him saying the amout of tubing he used redface.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in