[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON! - Page 23 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Restoration] Syrillian's Silentium. Dual 480mm rads, hand built acrylic case with carbon fiber. HEADING TO QUAKECON!

post #221 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
Well, good news and bad news boys and girls. Got everything up and going last night and the i7/Asus board wouldn't post. Initial impressions are that the board or the chip is dead. So I had to take it out, drain the loop, swap the cpu block mount, and put my Sabertooth/Vishera board and chip in. I'll be testing the i7 board this week more indepth now that I have it out of the case. So that's the bad news. The good news is that I'm getting a great OC on the FX8320. I had it in the OS at 5.2ghz last night, but it crashed. I've got it "mostly" stable now at 5.1ghz. I think if I keep playing with voltages, I can get it stable this high. I've had it folding at 5ghz the past two months, so I know it's capable of that much. I'm only getting 1.53vcore in the OS and temps are holding steady at 44C right now while folding. This water loop is crazy overkill. The GPU is folding at 29C (1190 core, R9 270X)! So we'll see where the OC gods bring us this week. biggrin.gif

Edit: adding some screenshots of the cpu playing around. I got into windows at 5.3ghz but didn't try to get it stable. Really just wanted to prove to Paul that I could do it. tongue.gif I AM, however, working on getting 5.117ghz stable. I have it folding right now with 1.53vcore at 45C. O_O Here's some pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

I've been thinking of taking my rig to Quakecon. How do you know someone's not just going to run off with your stuff? What do you do if you get up to go walk around?
It's actually pretty secure. When you register and check in your equipment, they put a security sticker with a barcode on it and register it to you personally. No hardware leaves the BYOC room without someone checking the barcode. In fact, last year one of our buddies had to wait about 30 mins while leaving because somehow the sticker on his monitor had come off during the week, and the staff wasn't letting him out with it because it wasn't tagged. Of course, they ended up checking his ID and info against the registration stuff to verify that the monitor was in fact his. We appreciated the care they take. There's always people in the BYOC, so you can't check it all the time, but there seem to always be staff members/volunteers around. I have no worries leaving this case around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrencendlw View Post

Maybe you can make some sort of cover to protect the radiators during transportation only. Something that can screw into the radiator and be removed when you are done moving the case. It would be a shame to have the radiator messed up while moving it ya know?
Yea, I'll def put something over them during transport. Most likely, some pillows or something else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

Does anyone have link for the video that was shot in the dark of that case? I know it's here but I can't find it.
"Hugs and kisses," hahaha, what a goofball. smile.gif It was good to hear that, thanks for posting it Hertz. I can't think of the video you're talking about. It'd have to be in a thread somewhere; I believe Syr always uploaded the vids right to OCN via photobucket or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotix View Post

Or you could just get prepared to chase fools down and beat their asses. devil.gif

Nobodies touching Big Red if I ever take it anywhere. thumb.gif
Hahaha, I'm too old to run. tongue.gif I'll probably be around the case off and on throughout the con. I think I'll post here in the thread when I'm at the case so people can stop by and say hey. smile.gif

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 11:44 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 434 (Unique: 322)
Would make for a good excuse to grab the X5650 devil.gif

Biased rPGA and MXM 3.0A/B Elitest.
post #223 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 167 (Unique: 122)
https://www.overclock.net/t/300477/silentium-arcane-arts/0_20#post_3473818

Maybe the video is there.

Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.

AVR-Onkyo TX-NR808
Front amp-Adcom GFA 555>Polk Audio LSi9's(Vr3 Castle Mods)
Center amp-Adcom GFA 5400>Polk Audio LSi9 passive bi-amped(Vr3 Castle Mod)
Surrounds-Polk Audio F/X500's
Sub-Velodyne SPL-1000R

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post

https://www.overclock.net/t/300477/silentium-arcane-arts/0_20#post_3473818

Maybe the video is there.
I've been trying to skim through and find it. I haven't found it yet, but I did find this bit of wonder. lachen.gif I forgot all about how we ended up putting all kinds of thread tags on his build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambent Darkness 7 View Post

DUDE ! the tags are so insanely hilarious
"*** worthy" , "one hot momma of a case", pink floyd ???? LOL ..

Oh dont think I didnt read this one wayyy back when repo was bustin on ya. This is priceless

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post

odd... I don't see the words, "bonehead", or "old-nooblet"... Hey!

Whodaheckput, "old nooblet" !!!!

-Lolololol... gah! .... and "bonehead" Hahahahahaha!

Repo! I'm comin' to get you; you sunamagun!

...Oh good Lord!~..... It says "hot pork lovin" too

Oh man... My thread as turned into a travesty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

I didn't put old-nooblet, honest! And I certainly did not put bonehead! At least theres a "made of win" tag too big guy

Quote:

Originally Posted by tehpwnerofn00bs View Post

Yeah, but I bet you put "repo likes taters".

Quote:

Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

*looks down*

WTH!

Lol, this is just getting out of hand now,lol.

Quote:

Who knows, maybe Syr's putting in all these tags just to mess with us.

Quote:

Pulled the *offtopic tag* one. I swear that was the only one I did.

OMG !!!OMG

I swear syrillian, I almost fell out of my chair and laughing so hard I was crying
honest. Then they tried to BLAME it on you.. LOL . Then the travesty wears on .. poor guy.

I never laughed so much in sooooo long WOW. You seem like real fun guy and I never even met ya in person that is.

The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Chlokwork Orange

post #225 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Figured I'd update everyone while it's slow here at work. tongue.gif

Quakecon is quickly approaching. I can't believe that it is only 7 days away. Seems like forever ago that I said, "Hey, I'm going to rebuild Silentium for Qcon next year." Time has really flew by. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm really impressed with how nice the case has come along from sleeving, to dusting, to getting the huge water loop back in it, etc. The past month or two has really blown past me. I can't wait to get it on the table at Quakecon and meet you guys that are coming. Sorry for my rambling, haha. Anyhoo, onto updates.

I've got the 8320 stable at 5.116ghz. It's been folding going on 2 days now without interruptiong or crash. I'd like to go higher, but I feel like I'm pretty close to maxing my PSU with the amount of stuff I have on it right now (TX750) and don't want to stress it anymore than I have to. 5.1ghz is certainly a fantastic OC and nothing to be ashamed up at Qcon. So I'm happy with it for now. While in Dallas, I'm hoping I can find a good deal on a PSU at the Fry's over there (we don't have one close to my place).

I still need to buy more screws to attach the rads to the front panel. I think of the 32 total bolts I need, I have 22 or so. I'm buying them at Home Depot and they only stock so many at a time, haha. I could only find stainless steel, so I'll need to paint all of them this weekend so they don't stick out against the rest of the black on the case. Besides that, I need to find my extra PCI slot covers, then cut them to fit the mobo tray, then paint them black. My fan extensions came in, so I sleeved them and now have all 8 rad fans hooked up. The wiring will need to be ziptied down and cleaned up on the rads as well. But I'll do that when I drain the loop. I also got in my third 90 degree fitting, so I'll have to put that in when I drain the loop for transport Wednesday as well. This 90 will go at the pump (where I have one now) so that the first two I bought will go back on the rads. I've also completed my last minute secret project for the case today. I had to do some polishing on it (hint hint). I'll have some pics up of it tonight. Overall, it's just small stuff at this point. Just wiping down, bolting in, and making sure everything is perfect. The last good news is I have a friend with a DSLR coming over tonight, so I'm hoping I can get some great night shots for you guys!

Pics tonight. Love, peace, and chicken grease - repo!

Chlokwork Orange

post #226 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 03:04 PM
AMD FASN8

Rep: 325 (Unique: 187)
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

Figured I'd update everyone while it's slow here at work. tongue.gif

Quakecon is quickly approaching. I can't believe that it is only 7 days away. Seems like forever ago that I said, "Hey, I'm going to rebuild Silentium for Qcon next year." Time has really flew by. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm really impressed with how nice the case has come along from sleeving, to dusting, to getting the huge water loop back in it, etc. The past month or two has really blown past me. I can't wait to get it on the table at Quakecon and meet you guys that are coming. Sorry for my rambling, haha. Anyhoo, onto updates.

You can certainly blow your own horn, because it looks absolutely amazing, I'm sure everyone here can agree on that.

Quote:
I've got the 8320 stable at 5.116ghz. It's been folding going on 2 days now without interruptiong or crash. I'd like to go higher, but I feel like I'm pretty close to maxing my PSU with the amount of stuff I have on it right now (TX750) and don't want to stress it anymore than I have to. 5.1ghz is certainly a fantastic OC and nothing to be ashamed up at Qcon. So I'm happy with it for now. While in Dallas, I'm hoping I can find a good deal on a PSU at the Fry's over there (we don't have one close to my place).

Great that it's stable. For a power supply, I'd recommend a Cooler Master V1000. It's been excellent for me. Seasonic unit.

Big Red 2020
(35 items)
Big Blue?
(14 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.5GHz CCD0 1.375v VID OC, 4.2GHz CCD1- 1900Mhz fclk/uclk
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero BIOS 1201
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 2025/5940MHz
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 2025/5940MHz
GPU
EVGA RGB SLI HB Bridge
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X B-Die 3200 C14 @ 3800MHz C14-16-15-15-30-48 1T 1.475v GDM off
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB m.2 2280 PCI-E NVMe SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo SATA 256GB
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000 (Seasonic 1000w 80+ Gold)
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2 (plastidipped red tubing)
Cooling
Arctic Bionix F120 red (radiator), Bionix F140 red (rear), Bionix P140 3k RPM (front)
Cooling
Prolimatech PK-3 Nano 30g tube
Cooling
G.skill OG DDR3 Memory Cooler, white LED
Cooling
Corsair red LED 140mm fan, blowing on board socket + VRMs from behind
Case
Corsair 780T w/ custom red paint
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Win10 X64 Pro 1903 (gaming only), stripped down, updates blocked, Firewalled.
Monitor
LG 34WN80C 34" 3440x1440 21:9 IPS, 300 nit, HDR
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 RGB fullsize, HyperX PBT Doubleshot 'Puddingu' caps
Keyboard
OCN Ducky DK1008 MX Blues
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Lux red led/MX Reds
Mouse
Redragon Chroma M710 RGB (Omron Switches)
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Logitech Z2300 2.1 120w 8" sub, w/ 40w satellites
Other
Phanteks RGB 5050/Digital RGB strips
Other
Custom acrylic PSU shroud "Big Red" (black w/ red led logo, v1tech)
Other
Custom acrylic drive cage shroud "[email protected]" (black w/ red logo. Clockwerkindustries)
Other
Thermaltake TTmod combed red/black cable extensions
Other
"Republic of Gamers", "EVGA" case badges.
Other
Merax Red/Black Racing Chair
CPU
i5-7600k 5GHz 1.32v
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Z270H Strix
GPU
Sapphire R9 380X Nitro 1200/1500mhz
RAM
G.skill Ripjaws4 DDR4-3000 CAS15
Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 320gb
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Evo 256gb
Power Supply
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500w
Cooling
Corsair H60/PK-3
Case
Thermaltake Core V71
Operating System
Win10 Home
Monitor
2x ASUS V236H 1080p
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Lux Blue LED Cherry MX Blue
Mouse
Cooler Master
Mouse
Thermaltake GAMMA
CPU
Raspberry Pi 3B
Optical Drive
DENON DCD-560 CD Player, dual integrated 20bit Burr Brown PCM61P DAC's
Operating System
Kodi 17.2
Monitor
ASUS V238H 23" 1080p 60 Hz
Audio
Pioneer SX-255R Receiver, 4x 100w
Audio
TECHNICS SB-A32 Floor Standers, 4x8" polyurethane woofers, 100w/cabinet, 1" His and 3" Midrange
Audio
Polk Audio PSW-505 300w subwoofer, replaced woofer with CT SOUNDS TROPO 12" 4Ω DVC car sub wired in series, 8Ω, 300w
Audio
Kenwood GE-4030 Stereo Graphic Equalizer
Audio
TECHNICS RS-T18 dual tape deck
▲ hide details ▲

post #227 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurotix View Post

You can certainly blow your own horn, because it looks absolutely amazing, I'm sure everyone here can agree on that.
Great that it's stable. For a power supply, I'd recommend a Cooler Master V1000. It's been excellent for me. Seasonic unit.
Thanks, Neuro. I think it looks pretty dang great myself. It's a far-cry from the loop I had in before wtih 2x240 rads. That wasn't nearly as "right" as this. It's meant to have these huge rads. I actually found a post by Syr at the beginning of his log for Silentium that sums this whole case up so well: "This project is about excess: Unbridled, unashamed PC debauchery; completely unecessary, and entirely bereft of conventional wisdom. It is liquid cooling with extreme prejudice." I LOVE that last sentence. Extreme prejudice is right! Just ask my 8320 tongue.gif

But here, let me give you guys the final update with my secret project before I post finished pics (got a friend with a DSLR to come by yesterday)!

Here's some shots of draining the water loop. This was when I had to swap over the mobo/cpu and had to swap the cpu block mounting plate which meant taking the block apart which meant draining the loop, lol. The drain plug works fantastically well. And Syr's design with the front panel being removable makes draining really nice because you can tilt the rads around as needed.

Step 1: take bottom bolts out of door that hold it onto case; 2: let door hang open slightly; 3: take plug off t-valve; 4:connect hose to t-valve; 5: open valve and drain. Easy as that!

And here you can see how easy it is to take the door loose from the case to tilt the rads around and get out every last bit of water. smile.gif

Ok, so it's finally time for my secret project. A few weeks ago, I had the idea to use one of Syr's pump stands for something. Since I don't have D5s, I figured the stands should get used for something. I had some acrylic Syr cut for me years ago for a project I had that never came to fruition, but I knew they'd work just fine here. I decided to make a thank you/info plaque for the case. Here's my starting point: one pump stand and a piece of authentic Syrillian-cut acrylic. smile.gif

I took the paper off and started to buff the sides to a high polish. Let me tell you, I spent an hour or so just sanding this thing. 800 grit, 1000 grit, 3000 grit, then a hand polish with a rubbing compound. I cannot FATHOM doing a project as large as Silentium. Just the polishing would crush me. Let alone cutting panels that fit to each other with errors. I really understand the work that went into this case now...

After the 800 and 1000 grit paper, here's what it looks like beside a piece that's rough cut.

And here's what the edge looks like after some fine-grit rubbing/polishing compound.

Next I applied a vinyl I had cut at a local sign shop onto the piece. Here it is. thumbsupsmiley.png

Then I used some 3M double sided tape to attach it to the pump stand. This whole piece will go inside the left half of the case, right under the mobo and in front of the HDD cage. I think it will look great in there right in front of the red light.

Finished.

So there you have it folks. This is the last "update" per say. I'm calling this thing FINISHED and ready for QUAKECON! As mentioned in an earlier post, I still have some small things to get finished, but the biggest hurdles are behind us. Thank you all for joining me for the ride and thank you for your support. And as my sign says, a special thank you to @lawrencendlw, @PaulWuzHere, @Lutro0, @Supertoast22, and @underdog1425 for the support, donations, time, phone calls, and pushing you gave me.

Chlokwork Orange

post #228 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 52)
Man, too early in the morning for these feels. It really means a lot to me to see this in such glory, even if I don't show it very much. I am not good at this. Can't freaking wait to see the love it will get at Quakecon!

Alabama OverclockerLA AGUAOCN LAN PARTIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub50hz go_quote.gif
I'm glad to see that amongst the nVidia/ATi bickering, we can unify as a community when poop is mentioned. That's all it took. I love you all.

post #229 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
Is he still around?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog1425 View Post

Man, too early in the morning for these feels. It really means a lot to me to see this in such glory, even if I don't show it very much. I am not good at this. Can't freaking wait to see the love it will get at Quakecon!
Never too early for the feels. tongue.gif I know how much it means to you, no worries. I can't wait to meet people and talk about it at Qcon either!

I see you creeping in here @coffeejunky! tongue.gif

Chlokwork Orange

post #230 of 335 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Retired Staff

Rep: 776 (Unique: 485)
Quote:
Originally Posted by repo_man View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog1425 View Post

Never too early for the feels. tongue.gif I know how much it means to you, no worries. I can't wait to meet people and talk about it at Qcon either!

I see you creeping in here @coffeejunky! tongue.gif
Yay, I feel included xD
Well done Repo, very much liking the little plaque. You've got to respect the hours put into that case and every detail obsessed over. I remember you bondo-ing up those hinges because they were too fancy looking.
Namaste maestro.
And you didn't do too bad either Repo tongue.gif

bulb.gifCan I Overclock My Brain?... All I Gotta Do Is Increase Its Stock Voltage bulb.gif
cheers.gifBritish Overclockers Club cheers.gif

ATi Clubs and Essential Threads - ATi Aftermarket Cooling Database - ATi Overclocking Guide - ATi Driver Guide

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in