[UPDATED and Complete]How I made Custom Case badges/stickers/Decals for very little money. - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[UPDATED and Complete]How I made Custom Case badges/stickers/Decals for very little money.

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 09:13 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Location: Mumbai,Staring at the Katrina Kaif wallpaper on my desktop.
Rep: 33 (Unique: 30)

Hi!

i always wanted to stick fancy stickers and decals on my case.

decals of my fav F1 team,band(pink floyd),hardware mfc. etc.

i mailed a few hardware manufacturers and till now i only recieved badges from GSkill :\

i ve heard OCZ,asus send badges,but i dont have their HW :p

so heres what i am going to do

i searched for logos of various companies and found some logos as vector art(which is what i wanted.

the rest of the 'non-logo' designs i traced in illustrator.

Took prints on Glossy Photo Paper.

photos are attached.

What you need:

1.Photo editing software and the designs n logos in vector or good quality jpeg/png/gif.

2.Photo paper A4 size and inkjet printer.

3.Lamination equipment(if u own it,good.I got it done from a store that had the equipment)

4.Knife or cutter with a very sharp tip.

5.Black markers/sharpie.

6.Strong paper adhesive(super glue or just glue will do)

7.A4 size sticker paper.Like this.

8.Steady hands,patience and a computer case :p

Step1: Get all the logos,designs,etc. that u want in digital format(preferably vector,but good quality jpeg will do)

This site has a good database of logos.

Step2: Use a photo editing software(i used adobe photoshop) and place them all on an A4 size document(as A4 prints are easily available).make sure u have the correct size for the logo and designs by using print preview and zooming it to print size.

Step3: Print this on a thick glossy photo paper as shown below.Thinner papers will look cheap according to me.

Step 4 onwards in the next post.

the clear resin or clear epoxy will give me that embossed look(that is if i do it very carefully and properly)

currently experimenting with different combinations of resin/clear glue and stuff like that.

once i get the right material,will make badges of of these and post photos :)

hopefully it wont go to waste :)

logo.jpg

IMG_1442.JPG

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST BELOW.

proof.gifIntel i5 [email protected]
Steam : wisevijay
Words of wisdom! (Click to show)
Once you start playing around with your PC case 'just to make it a lil'bit better'.You are doomed.Your life is over.You will continue playing with your PC case all your life.You will cut your fingers up,spend $$ on new parts and tools,mess up your house and then once you are done with it..Few weeks later you will want to buy a newer,better,bigger and more expensive PC case,and the cycle continues.
My clubs: Spoiler! (Click to show)DIY (Click to show)Buying Hardware in India (Click to show)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

UPDATE:

Now i tried various transparent materials like epoxy,various resin adhesive,etc. but it was very difficult to work with it on bigger surfaces.

Step4: Hence i laminated the whole print out of the photopaper.

Alter that i cut them out with a sharp tipped cutter.

tn_DSC03876.jpg

tn_DSC03877.jpg

Step5: After cutting them out as shown above,i used a thick tipped black permanent marker/sharpie and carefully blacken the white edges of the photo paper.

tn_DSC03878.jpg

tn_DSC03879.jpg

Cut out more stickers and do the same as above with the black marker.

tn_DSC03880.jpg

Step6: For this step u will need an A4 sized sticker paper(its a blank white A4 sized sticker which u can write/draw stuff on)

apply some glue/adhesive on the laminated cutouts and stick them on the sticker paper.

tn_DSC03881.jpg

tn_DSC03882.jpg

Once the properly stuck on the sticker paper,cut it out with a cutter/knife.

tn_DSC03883.jpg

Now we have a laminated,glossy sticker that doesnt look cheap  :)

tn_DSC03884.jpg

tn_DSC03887.jpg

tn_DSC03915.jpg

tn_DSC03910.jpg

Will do the rest of the stickers later.gotta finish my weeks assignments :\

If any1 has any suggestions,tips please do let me know.

P.S.: I am aware that many sites sell such case badges and some even print them in whatever design you tell them to,but as i live in india,shipping those here is really expensive!more than US$20 for a standard envelope of case badges worth US$10!bad deal i say!and here in India the printers make more money off bult printing orders,so there is no way they will print n make 5-10 stickers for me.

Hope this helps at least one person :)

Once you start playing around with your PC case 'just to make it a lil'bit better'.You are doomed.Your life is over.You will continue playing with your PC case all your life.You will cut your fingers up,spend $$ on new parts and tools,mess up your house and then once you are done with it..Few weeks later you will want to buy a newer,better,bigger and more expensive PC case,and the cycle continues.
My clubs: Spoiler! (Click to show)DIY (Click to show)Buying Hardware in India (Click to show)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 83 (Unique: 72)

This is a very interesting approach! I will take a look into this! I think the main advantage is that you can have bigger/smaller stickers along with custom sized ones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 11:26 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 12)
I think you should sell me a Pink Floyd transparent sticker biggrin.gif

Heatware
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=75722
Tropic55

Snooky Land wave2.gif

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnur View Post

This is a very interesting approach! I will take a look into this! I think the main advantage is that you can have bigger/smaller stickers along with custom sized ones.

that was the whole point of this :) any freakin sticker/badge you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropic55 View Post

I think you should sell me a Pink Floyd transparent sticker biggrin.gif

haha!if u live in india,i could mail it to you for free :D

not sure how much it costs to ship to snooky land :p

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 04:15 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

More stickers/badges!

tn_DSC04674.JPG

OCN case badge :)

tn_DSC04697.JPG

tn_DSC04694.JPG

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 339 (Unique: 301)
Good idea for something, but man that case looks tacky with all of those stickers. Reminds me of high school lockers, or girls notebook.

Twitter/Vine: @Demented1971 - YouTube: Demented1971

Demented's Time-Lapse LEGO Builds!
Project: SWITCH W A V E
Famous Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflux go_quote.gif

Yeah, soon we'll completely avoid using textual and vocal communication and instead just walk around with our jaws unlocked, heads tilted back and dribble on the floor everywhere we go. The size of the dribble pool will indicate how long someone has been somewhere and the language will consist of gargling noises and farts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzalias go_quote.gif

The consumption of LSD would not cause you to misinterpret the properties of your overclock, trust me. I overclock while tripping balls all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar go_quote.gif

I just accidentally locked the thread for 2 seconds when I was trying to click the unread posts button redface.gif
My Clubs (Click to show)

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 05:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

Good idea for something, but man that case looks tacky with all of those stickers. Reminds me of high school lockers, or girls notebook.

i know,they can be easily removed along with the glue residue:)

just stuck them to take the photo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in