~The Switch~ Transition from the Corsair 600T to the NZXT Switch 810 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

~The Switch~ Transition from the Corsair 600T to the NZXT Switch 810

post #1 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 165 (Unique: 134)
Final Photos Post 236 <<<< Link

Hello everyone out there! So I've been a member for a few months now, but I haven't been extremely active, and this will be my first build log. But I just wanted to share my experiences with everyone out there, and hopefully get some ideas from other members out there along the way. Well I'm not too big on introductions, so let's jump into it? biggrin.gif

As the title says, this will be a transition build, from my Corsair 600T SE white, into a NZXT Switch 810, so I think the name for the build ~The Switch~ fits wells. I've been in the 600T for less than a year now, and while I've enjoyed it very much, I've never been 100% satisfied with it's ability to house all of my water cooling components. I was bit hard by the water cooling bug, and have been on a never ending "tinker fest" since. So here are some stages the 600T has been through...

This is the very first configuration I had, all of the components came from a EK H30 Supreme HF 240 Kit

Then I moved into external radiator mounting

Eventually I decided I must have my cards water cooled as well, so I sold my GTX 570 SOC's which no one made blocks for, and bought two 570 HD's with EK blocks.
Got the cards under water, while adding a second rad that could fit inside the 600T without modification.

That lasted a while until a buddy of mine gave me a 360 rad he didn't need, so the loop changed again.

The thought to sell my 600T and move into something a little more water cooling friendly had crossed my mind before, so that's why I sold the MNPCTECH side panel, and was back with the original here.

And lastly this is how the 600T right at the moment, I tore the whole loop apart and went back to air while I decided what I was gonna do. weirdsmiley.gif

SO, hope that wasn't too much for everyone, let's get into what's coming up for this thumb.gif

The core components of the build are not really changing, just swapping from the 600T into the Switch 810
CPU Intel i7 920
Motherboard EVGA X58 SLI3 131-GT-E767
Graphics 2x EVGA GTX 570 HD's with 2560MB of memory
Memory 12GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series
PSU Corsair AX850

And of course all of these will be housed in their new home, the NZXT Switch 810, and everything will be going back under water Snorkle.gif
The case is currently in transit, and should be there by Tuesday 2/21/2012

Now just a quick look at some of the water cooling components.
Plenty of fittings, some are used from before, and some are new.
For tubing, I'm still using PrimoChill, just UV blue this time. Tested it out when it first arrived, looks kick ass biggrin.gif
I've got the 5.25 bay res and the cylinder res to choose from, not sure which I'll use yet .
All the blocks
A look at the whole gang smile.gif
I've got three radiators to work with, I'll definitely be using the XSPC RS360 at the top, but I haven't decided which 240 I'll use at the bottom of the case. I like the EK 240 because I painted it white when I had used it in the 600T, but it might look funny having a black rad up top and a white rad on the bottom, maybe I should paint the RS360 as well? The other rad is a Black Ice GT stealth X-flow.
The Black Ice 240
The EK 240

The Black Ice GT Stealth was very loud with my Gelid Wind PL's on there, so that's another reason I'm leaning towards the EK rad.

And lastly, like I said, most all the core components are staying the same. For hard drives, I was using a Crucial M4 64GB SSD for the OS, and a Western Digital 1TB black for storage. Well over the past few months I have become worried about running out of space on the SSD, so I decided to get another for RAID 0, and of course I'll still be using the WD for storage.

Well thanks for taking a look! Any questions or comments please feel free to post. The case will be here in the next two days, but I won't begin work on it right away. Tomorrow the 20th is the beginning of the February Foldathon, so I wanna have the 600T up and running for that in addition to my 775 rig that's my full time folder.

Sony Alpha A7II | Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 | Sony FE 55mm f/1.8 Zeiss Sonnar T

~The Switch~
Post The Last Thing You Ate!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-19-2012, 09:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 31 (Unique: 30)
Great build, love 600t neat finish. But yea the switch 810 would definitely give you ample headroom to WC the **** out your rig. Got a phantom myslf, haven't WC yet but in the future I plan to. Your build would be the kinda finish I would hope for, can't wait to see the transition

Ryze n shine
(20 items)
CPU
ryzen r5 2600x
Motherboard
asus crosshair vi hero
GPU
Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti
RAM
GSkill tridentZ rgb
Hard Drive
WD Caviar Black
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 evo
Power Supply
evga supernova g2 850w
Cooling
Custom WC
Case
Phanteks Evolv Atx
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer predator x34
Keyboard
Corsair K70 RGB
Mouse
Logitech G502
Mouse
Corsair mm200
Audio
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro
Audio
Blue Snowball
Audio
Mackie cr4
Other
Razer Orbweaver
Other
Maxnomic Dominator Gaming Chair
Other
Xbox one controller (Master Chief Ed.)
▲ hide details ▲
post #3 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 06:04 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 118 (Unique: 105)
Seeing how clean of a build you did with the 600T, can't wait to see how the 810 will look. wheee.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Hardware Rep

Rep: 283 (Unique: 184)
You'll like the Switch Mike, lots more space thumb.gif I got the 1st sample of the Switch off the assembly line last November, to mod for NZXT's Hotel Suite at CES.

nzxt_810_case_mod_gaming_pc_build_price_future_noire_bladerunner_mnpctech5.jpg
post #5 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-20-2012, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owen View Post

You'll like the Switch Mike, lots more space thumb.gif I got the 1st sample of the Switch off the assembly line last November, to mod for NZXT's Hotel Suite at CES.
Thanks Bill, I'm thinking I will like it a lot more with all the space. I loved your mod of the case, had me very interested in the case since then. If you make a full acrylic side panel for it, be sure to let me know hehehe thumb.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by mironccr345 View Post

Seeing how clean of a build you did with the 600T, can't wait to see how the 810 will look. wheee.gif
Thanks bro! Make sure you get yours up here too, I wanna see how yours goes as well biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triniboi82 View Post

Great build, love 600t neat finish. But yea the switch 810 would definitely give you ample headroom to WC the **** out your rig. Got a phantom myslf, haven't WC yet but in the future I plan to. Your build would be the kinda finish I would hope for, can't wait to see the transition
Thanks man

~The Switch~

post #6 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ahh it has arrived safe and sound, can't wait to get to work thumbsupsmiley.png

~The Switch~

post #7 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 88 (Unique: 72)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

Ahh it has arrived safe and sound, can't wait to get to work thumbsupsmiley.png

Oh man, that is sweet! Mine gets here tomorrow.
post #8 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by selluminis View Post

Oh man, that is sweet! Mine gets here tomorrow.

That's awesome! Never in my life have I been so excited about the delivery of a case, I came home from work and hung out working in the garage for like 2 hours until it showed up. wheee.gif

~The Switch~

post #10 of 237 (permalink) Old 02-21-2012, 08:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 67 (Unique: 54)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

Thanks Bill, I'm thinking I will like it a lot more with all the space. I loved your mod of the case, had me very interested in the case since then. If you make a full acrylic side panel for it, be sure to let me know hehehe thumb.gif
Thanks bro! Make sure you get yours up here too, I wanna see how yours goes as well biggrin.gif
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Owen View Post

I would LOVE a full acrylic side panel as well!

Red Snow Switch 810 Build Log
Android Developer Name: Krylon360
Steam ID: Krylon360
Origin ID: Krylon360
NZXT Switch 810 OWNER!
NZXT Phantom Owner
NZXT HALE90 Owner
NZXT Sentry LX Owner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in