[PATHOGEN] work log - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[PATHOGEN] work log

post #151 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
yeah i need to order my cable sleeving as well, just havent determined how much i will need etc, next week when i get paid i will probably order it all, tool from performance pc and hoping to get MDPC

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=60_143_272&products_id=2160&zenid=2f1e3445f086e72453ac373ed17d68db

not sure if this tool is good, but a guy that is in 690 club said he used it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:30 PM
New to Overclock.net

was the plexi you used for the psu cover pre-bent (not the word im looking for but works) when you go it? i been thinking of making one, but modify it a bit than the standard look.
post #153 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-01-2012, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duski View Post

what brand of sleeving is that green stuff you have?
MDPC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane go_quote.gif

People who create things are weird and do things like this. This is why I say and have always said artists do not deserve your respect or to be compensated for their work.
post #155 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 36 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duski View Post

was the plexi you used for the psu cover pre-bent (not the word im looking for but works) when you go it? i been thinking of making one, but modify it a bit than the standard look.

nope i got it as a sheet and bent it myself! biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by conntick View Post

MDPC!

and yeah what he said!
post #156 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 01:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protzman View Post

man frozen-cpu is a crime! 31 bucks for a molex pin removal tool shipped. cant believe that! sleeving should start in a few days! mad.gif

Yeah I hate them and they're over priced. Plus they mess up countless orders only to have the OEM fix the orders.. mad.gif
post #157 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Yeah I hate them and they're over priced. Plus they mess up countless orders only to have the OEM fix the orders.. mad.gif

Yepp had that problem with a fan. I bought an NZXT 120 mm fan for my gf and it arrived broken. I think it was like 8 dollars, and they were like welp you can take it up with nzxt or ship it back to us. I spent like 5.30 or something like that to ship it back. STUPID! more than half the price of the thing i bought, and it was broken, i mean come on!

i dont tend to order from them ever because of that, and through emailing them about it they were just rude, very rude. I was just forced to because i didnt find the tool anywhere else!
post #158 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 09:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 50 (Unique: 32)
Quote:
Originally Posted by protzman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Yepp had that problem with a fan. I bought an NZXT 120 mm fan for my gf and it arrived broken. I think it was like 8 dollars, and they were like welp you can take it up with nzxt or ship it back to us. I spent like 5.30 or something like that to ship it back. STUPID! more than half the price of the thing i bought, and it was broken, i mean come on!

i dont tend to order from them ever because of that, and through emailing them about it they were just rude, very rude. I was just forced to because i didnt find the tool anywhere else!

Same here. Some of their employees are nice but that boss Mark is a real *#@! They did attempt to help me with a radiator problem I had but ended up passing off the problem to Danger Den to fix. Turns out they left out the screws and that isnt the first time they left items out of my boxes. Danger Den is now going out of business because of dumb stuff like this. They screwed up my sleeving, had multiple orders messed up or missing pieces, sent my case without the mods I asked.

Regardless screw them. I've learned to do my own modding now. lol
post #159 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 01:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
Are you talking about the Lamptron tool? I just ordered it. I'm hoping it's high quality (better be for the gorram price... mad.gif). I'll be doing paracord sleeving.
Also, how did you bend the plexi? Did you use a heat tool to soften the bend? I didn't see any pics about it, and I have an idea about how to do it, but I don't wanna learn the hardway wink.gif
post #160 of 207 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

no the tool i got was the molex mini fit or something like that. as for bending i just measured out where the bend needed to be clamped it down and used a heat gun to melt!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in