[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return - Page 10 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return

post #91 of 97 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 174 (Unique: 160)
Awesome build and very sweet idea using the HVAC return.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 97 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utnorris View Post

Awesome build and very sweet idea using the HVAC return.

Thank you, so far it works well and is close to silent.

I think I have only one more week until my simulator is installed. I've only been able to work on some sim related stuff recently, and haven't gotten to game on this beast at all since it hasn't been fully assembled.

I'm quite excited for the full build, hopefully I'll have some updates in the next week or two with everything up.
post #93 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Simcraft Apex 3 Base Build completed:

Stability

I've had a few blue screen issues that I know are lingering, I'm expecting to spend a bit more time after the simulator is complete to work on those. For know, I'm trying to get all the equipment loaded into the chassis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 97 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 30)
Don't know how I missed this log. Nice build man. Subbed! smile.gif

post #95 of 97 (permalink) Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Help! CPU utilization/Frame rates/Quality in iRacing

I posted this in the iRacing forums, but wanted to get some of the expertise of this forum. iRacing is known not to make use of big systems, but this one is a bit boggling.

Ok guys, so I've tweaked my settings similar to Jacob Klein's post in the thread iRacing graphic optimizations for NVIDIA users (I realize you must be an iRacing member to see this link, but figured I would provide it anyway in case we have some here as well). It actually seemed like a decent visual enhancement over my simple settings, nothing big, but nice to have. In my un-scientific assessment, it also may have provide a frame rate increase, small but noticeable.

My concern comes from the monitoring I was running when I was diagnosing a USB disconnect issue. While unrelated, I discovered that I'm not really even touching my CPU (iRacing is known to be more CPU than GPU intensive). My frame rates fluctuate from as low as 24ish on Motegi last night, to 60ish. I have triple gtx680s and an i7-3820 on water. I run 3D triples 5760x1080. See my OP for more info.

I was thinking that perhaps I was CPU bound and going to go back and re-load my overclock (after removing it to diagnose and solve my usb issue), but it appears that iRacing isn't even making full use of the stock CPU settings/capabilities. I'm averaging 25% in-sim CPU usage?

So I've got great GPU horsepower, and good CPU horsepower, yet I'm not hitting 100% utilization and my framerates aren't killing it? It's good, but shouldn't it be great?

You can see from the graphs below, no CPU throttling, no high usage, and temps are fantastic (GPUs are in the same loop and are within 1-2 degrees of CPU temps).

Any thoughts? What am I missing?

(these pics are monitoring an iracing session. The title is "stability test" but I was simply doing a screen capture instead of running an aida stress test)

post #96 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

After a long while without my overclock, I finally got it back and better than ever.

5006mhz at 55 degrees.

All thanks for the overclock owed to @homecinema-pc:
https://www.overclock.net/t/1221208/i7-3820-4820-overclock-club/5140_20#post_21139340
post #97 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:52 PM
New to Overborked.net

Location: Brisbane 'Straya , Beautiful one day and Flippin HOT the next .....
Rep: 176 (Unique: 113)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestySpankers View Post

After a long while without my overclock, I finally got it back and better than ever.

5006mhz at 55 degrees.

All thanks for the overclock owed to @homecinema-pc:
https://www.overclock.net/t/1221208/i7-3820-4820-overclock-club/5140_20#post_21139340

WOW Your very OCD thumb.gif

Thanks for the mention too smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in