[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return - Page 6 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return

post #51 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:21 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 33 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestySpankers View Post

Radiator install
It worked out pretty well....

It's really cool to finally see someone dump heat from a water cooling setup somewhere like this. Definitely the most elegant way to truly integrate a WC setup into your house.
- chmodlabs

Advanced cooling research @ Chmod Labs Austin
Current Build --> Core i7-2600k @ stock - ASUS Maximus Gene IV - Corsair H80i - EVGA GTX 670 2Gb - Patriot Viper 3 16Gb 1866Mhz Ram

And yes I was first to design and market a Antec Kuhler 620 GPU mount (it's better than dwood's!)
NOVEC 7000 is just really amazing stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
post #53 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 228 (Unique: 158)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmodlabs View Post

It's really cool to finally see someone dump heat from a water cooling setup somewhere like this. Definitely the most elegant way to truly integrate a WC setup into your house.
- chmodlabs

Agreed. Makes it seem kind of silly to stuff the radiators into the same case we are trying to cool! This setup makes a lot of sense.

Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathik7 go_quote.gif

if it annoys you so much please refrain from seeing it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis24 go_quote.gif

Ok so here is my report....IT AIN"T HAPPENING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

OP updated, I'm done for the night. I'll probably measure for Lutro0 tomorrow, the base is almost complete. The Simcraft Apex3 install is still a few weeks away...
post #55 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 03:59 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 16 (Unique: 13)
I am considering on getting that ASUS board as well after all I've had great luck with their Crosshair IV/V boards. If you don't mind me asking how much do you think the whole build will pull? Close to 10k is my estimate, I just might do it if I don't convince myself to go for a dual cpu *nix workstation.
post #56 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikhailV View Post

I am considering on getting that ASUS board as well after all I've had great luck with their Crosshair IV/V boards. If you don't mind me asking how much do you think the whole build will pull? Close to 10k is my estimate, I just might do it if I don't convince myself to go for a dual cpu *nix workstation.

I'm not sure, and I'm not too concerned with it. I included pricing in the OP to help others evaluate their future builds. I looked at many other build logs (thank you to OCN members), but just researching pricing was a pain. The only substantial cost I have not included in the OP is for the hard fittings, which I now think is substantial.

BTW - I only put pricing in the OP because I thought it would have been helpful if others did so. It would have shortened my research for my build, so I hope my effort to do so helps others.
post #57 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #58 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Small update:

Wired up and measured for new connections last night. I sent an order to Lutro0 for a quote.

Using stock wires makes from the Silverstone PSU and tri-sli makes for quite a mess, I didn't realize how much I would want to redo it.

I may think about putting some minimal lighting in, I have one plexiglass side on the M10. Perhaps the FC8 can be wired up to a light?
post #59 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-19-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Leak testing the entire system together. Considering there is about 35 feet of total tubing, and even though I primed it, trying to pressurize it and keep the pumps from running dry has been a pain.

I put a 5 foot section of tubing onto the QD I have located to fill the reservoir to be able to try and keep up with the need to add water as the pumps spin up. After a few tries, the system is cycling now. The pumps are still a bit louder than usual and the right window is cloudy, I think this might take a while to get all the air out of the system.
post #60 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-20-2012, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

The system seems to worked itself clean from any air overnight. Putting the two 24v pumps up to max does make some noise, so they are dialed back a bit.

Regarding wiring, I sent Lutro0 a request over a week ago, and haven't heard anything back. I presume he is too busy (something I have a problem with myself), are there other artisans that would be interested in doing custom cables for this build?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in