[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] M10 Camacho - Tri 680 SLI / Radiator in HVAC Return

post #71 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 127 (Unique: 114)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestySpankers View Post

Uh, user error:
I wonder what was wrong with my temps rolleyes.gif
Seriously folks, please don't drink and install waterblocks.
What I got from this is that a piece of paper/plastic conducts heat better than the stock HSF (34/72)... That's just awesome.

I hope you don't tell any of your local friends who are into computers about this: these kinds of things have a tendency to stick to you for life. smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrocutor View Post

What I got from this is that a piece of paper/plastic conducts heat better than the stock HSF (34/72)... That's just awesome.
I hope you don't tell any of your local friends who are into computers about this: these kinds of things have a tendency to stick to you for life. smile.gif

I felt an avatar replacement was in order. biggrin.gif
post #73 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 09:06 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 14)
Makes me want to try something like this.... Subbed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 11 (Unique: 11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm0827 View Post

Makes me want to try something like this.... Subbed.
Leaving the sticker on your Water block base?

On Topic: I like what you did with your radiator, I've followed your build for a bit of time but I don't know why, when I come back to the thread I don't automatically come up to the last post I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickeydog go_quote.gif
So this machine is accelerating it's computational power by 1.87 petaflops per second? Now that's impressive. In the time it took me to write this, the machine increased performance by 112.3 petaflops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.overclock.net/t/1287375/tr-retina-display-for-pc-windows-8-gui/10#post_17810141 
Quote:
And what, pray tell, professional work are you doing that requires that degree of color accuracy? And while I'm at it, I might as well ask what calibrating tools the both of you use, as surely no professional with such requirements would settle for factory calibration.
MS Paint and I ask my dog for calibration she barks when it's right.
post #75 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Overclock

Woohoo! It looks like 5ghz might be my 24/7, we'll see.

I'm a novice overclocker, but I've been reading a ton. Even though I've read a bunch, it still seems like there are so many options that it's hard to get started.

So, here is the route I have taken.

Quick save the default profile
  1. Load optimized defaults
  2. Tweak trivial options like boot screen, etc
  3. Under tools, saved as profile 1 and I named it "default"
  4. Booted, stressed, got ambient temp 29C and load temp of 42C

Attempt the automatic Load Extreme OC Profile (low current)
  1. In the Extreme Tweaker menu, I used the Load Extreme OC Profile (low current)
  2. Turned back on the onboard features like ACHI, sound, USB charging, etc
  3. Under tools, saved as profile 2 named "extremelc"
  4. Boot failed
  5. Suspected memory (it was set to DDR3-2100MHZ), but couldn't match up debug codes, one 25, one 40.
  6. Set memory frequency to AUTO
  7. Booted, running Aida64 for > 15 minutes, with the hottest core average being 66C and a max of 72C

Next steps
I'm going to start tearing down the VCore until it becomes unstable. Does anyone have other suggestions? How long should I run a quick test for stability before trying the next lower setting?
post #76 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Using Aida64, running the stability test without GPU stress seems relatively stable.

Once I add GPU to the mix, something strange occurs, the monitor shuts off. The CPU appears to be fine (as far as one could tell), but there is no signal going to the monitor. Power management is set to never turn off the monitor. Unplugging/plugging in the monitor has no effect, there is simply no signal.

I have tried to increase VCore significantly to see if it was for a lack thereof, but to no avail. The monitor still shuts down about 2 min into the stress test. I was watching temps, and while on the last run with a high VCore the CPU made it up to 74C, the GPUs were down in the 37C range.

Thoughts on where I should look?
post #77 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #78 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ok, I'm back on track. I'm running a full Aida64 stability test with everything except "stress local disks". I expect to get a long run out of this one, so I'll update in the morning after I check on it again.
post #79 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

5hrs before blue screen (code 01) @ 4923(?) mhz, avg 65C, high 71C.

I've made a slight VCore bump as well as a BCLK bump to get to 5001 mhz, Aida64 is running now. thumb.gif
post #80 of 97 (permalink) Old 05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 127 (Unique: 114)
You probably aren't going to want to hear this, but if you want the HVAC rad to be really effective you're going to need to get closable grills for all the other intakes around the house. If you wanted to get really clever you could hook them all onto servos too so you could click a button and force all the air through your rad while benching/gaming, then click to open again when done. Since air is even more lazy than water, if you have a single other intake completely open, it will hugely affect your rad performance.

Your only other real option would be to add a duct fan somewhere in the vent. I guess you could put a rad in every single intake instead, but the tubing would be a nightmare.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in