[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7 - Page 13 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
socketus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaw River Valley
Posts: 3,003
Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
Thanks ! seen you around. Hope to make some progress this week, its the parts waiting that kills ya. THat and the measuring and configuring .... still kinda new to all this.
socketus is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
AVictorD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The cultural centre of the worlds largest island continent
Posts: 134
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Any new Pics Chris?? Cheers. wink.gif

AVictorD is offline  
post #123 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 12:48 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mandrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Live Oak, FL
Posts: 5,218
Rep: 170 (Unique: 116)
If you are sure you want to go res/pump combo then just do some good measuring. I like the flexibility of separates myself, but that's me. When I started my current build I had no idea I would end up using the side ports, but glad I had them after all.
Just to throw something else into the mix, and I know it's a shorter res, but have you thought about the Stealth res with the white endcaps? Only place I've seen them is Sidewinders. Or maybe two res......!

Wow those shrouds aren't cheap, eh? Look nice though.

Maximus VIII Hero/6700K delidded w/CLP @ 4.8/Corsair LPX 4x4GB 2666 OC'd @ 3200/PCS 390X w/EK blockMain Rig specs (Click to show)
White Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals-Custom top extension
Rigid acrylic tubing/Dual D5's-MCP35x2
3x480mm-1x240mm Radiators
All psu wiring & sleeving by myself
2xAquaero 5 Pro's w/c - 1xFC8 for light panel & various led's
PowerColor PCS 390X w/EK block
6700K/Maximus VIII Hero/Corsair 4x4GB RAM
Build Logs (Click to show)Validations (Click to show)
mandrix is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
socketus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaw River Valley
Posts: 3,003
Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandrix View Post

If you are sure you want to go res/pump combo then just do some good measuring. I like the flexibility of separates myself, but that's me. When I started my current build I had no idea I would end up using the side ports, but glad I had them after all.
Just to throw something else into the mix, and I know it's a shorter res, but have you thought about the Stealth res with the white endcaps? Only place I've seen them is Sidewinders. Or maybe two res......!

Wow those shrouds aren't cheap, eh? Look nice though.

the Stealth res ? oh yah, I ran across a link to it earlier. deffo cool. How about this one from Alphacool ?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13187/ex-res-286/Alphacool_Cape_Fuzion_Core_30_-_Acetal_-_Black.html?tl=g30c97#blank

Hmm, here's a 275mm Stealth res with full package - http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/iast225mure.html


you know my problem is I'm picking components like the res pump combo based on size. I know that I want a tube res, but while I prefer the BP tubes, there's a big jump down in size from 400 to 250. I know the Aqualis is 300 - guess I haven't done much shopping on res, tho I do know that the EK res - or some of them - are getting knocks for leaks and whatnot. Plus I prefer to have non-branded components, where /when possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

Any new Pics Chris?? Cheers. wink.gif

huh ? are we a stalker ? wink.gif or did you post in the wrong thread ? lol !
socketus is offline  
post #125 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 02:44 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
AVictorD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The cultural centre of the worlds largest island continent
Posts: 134
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

the Stealth res ? oh yah, I ran across a link to it earlier. deffo cool. How about this one from Alphacool ?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13187/ex-res-286/Alphacool_Cape_Fuzion_Core_30_-_Acetal_-_Black.html?tl=g30c97#blank

Hmm, here's a 275mm Stealth res with full package - http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/iast225mure.html


you know my problem is I'm picking components like the res pump combo based on size. I know that I want a tube res, but while I prefer the BP tubes, there's a big jump down in size from 400 to 250. I know the Aqualis is 300 - guess I haven't done much shopping on res, tho I do know that the EK res - or some of them - are getting knocks for leaks and whatnot. Plus I prefer to have non-branded components, where /when possible.
huh ? are we a stalker ? wink.gif or did you post in the wrong thread ? lol !

Well actually I was on the Caselabs site looking at the ST10. And a certain Chris G aka Socketus gave a review on the ST10 on Jan 4th. Now maybe I've assumed incorrectly. But the Rads, Case, AKA, and the way it it was written was simply to coincidental... All good.

AVictorD is offline  
post #126 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
socketus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaw River Valley
Posts: 3,003
Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVictorD View Post

Well actually I was on the Caselabs site looking at the ST10. And a certain Chris G aka Socketus gave a review on the ST10 on Jan 4th. Now maybe I've assumed incorrectly. But the Rads, Case, AKA, and the way it it was written was simply to coincidental... All good.

Busted !! yah, I dunno bout this internet guise thang, do I come off as a 14 year old ? yet ??? wink.gif
socketus is offline  
post #127 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 03:33 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
AVictorD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The cultural centre of the worlds largest island continent
Posts: 134
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Busted !! yah, I dunno bout this internet guise thang, do I come off as a 14 year old ? yet ??? wink.gif

Naaah!! If you came across any younger I would have blamed your English teacher! graduated.gif

Have you made a decision on the Res ?? I gather there are no new pics as yet camera.gifrolleyes.gif

AVictorD is offline  
post #128 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
socketus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaw River Valley
Posts: 3,003
Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
yah i been un busy, i go make some new pix, eh ? Tired of waiting on parts. About the res, I dunno what tickled me to go with a res/pump combo, but like Mandrix says, there are options, and that way I can still have the 400mm res, tho I do like that Alphacool model with the central tube for ccfl lighting, and the 4 led plugs in the bottom cap.
socketus is offline  
post #129 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:08 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
mandrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Live Oak, FL
Posts: 5,218
Rep: 170 (Unique: 116)
Yeah, the Alphacool looks great!

Here's what I was talking about:
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/st225mureexw.html

Be nice if they made bigger res, or sold the endcaps separate or something. This is only a 225, I've not seen a bigger one with white end caps I think, or at least when I bought my Balancer.
Wonder if Sidewinders would put the white endcaps on the 275? They are both 50mm tube.

But, are you going to use dye? If so wouldn't be much need to buy the Alphacool Fuzion. Or are you going to take the shotgun approach and keep buying reservoirs until you get one you like? tongue.gif

Maximus VIII Hero/6700K delidded w/CLP @ 4.8/Corsair LPX 4x4GB 2666 OC'd @ 3200/PCS 390X w/EK blockMain Rig specs (Click to show)
White Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals-Custom top extension
Rigid acrylic tubing/Dual D5's-MCP35x2
3x480mm-1x240mm Radiators
All psu wiring & sleeving by myself
2xAquaero 5 Pro's w/c - 1xFC8 for light panel & various led's
PowerColor PCS 390X w/EK block
6700K/Maximus VIII Hero/Corsair 4x4GB RAM
Build Logs (Click to show)Validations (Click to show)
mandrix is offline  
post #130 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
socketus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kaw River Valley
Posts: 3,003
Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
You know, I dunno thinking.gif I likes the black ends, as there isn't any white in the build going on. I like the stealth mode, but yah - there's a few too many options with the Alphacool res, I read the one FCPU review about how the 4 led holes leaked. Umm, I could go with dye in the center tube, but since I've got 20 feet of Masterkleer UV orange tubing .. I can always change it out later.
Yah - I haven't bought a res, simply coz of this mess.

And here's the problem I have now - what do you use to fasten those Alphacool M3 copper screws ? with the external hex head ? I've already tried 5mm - too big - and 4mm - too small - sockets ....

about to go look up their equivalents. Hmm ..

4mm 3/16" 5/32" 0.16
5mm 3/16" 6/32" 0.20

from here - http://infinityline.net/conversion.htm

12x Copper-plated M3x30mm hexagon socket screw
12x Copper-plated M3x35mm hexagon socket screw

ADD: Well, I got started with the 360 rad ....






Here's the problem - external hexagon screw head, wth do I use to screw that in ?



ANOTHER ADD: Ok, put the screw under the magnifying glass and its a hexhead socket, its internal - I can barely see the hex. And I found that a 2.5mm hex key fits !
socketus is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off