[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7 - Page 19 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7

post #181 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:43 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Slow builds are great ..especially with Caselabs
Important thing is not to rush and start drilling too many holes in the wrong place
I havent finished 44 Magnum and has been a year since I started it rolleyes.gif
So Many options with a TH10 can be overwhelming

I am enjoying your build Keep up the good work! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
Well, thanks for the kind words - I like that attitude, tho I'm not about to drill any holes - not that I know of. Just posted over to the Stretch log where someone asked Bart about his lack of progress - same thing, taking his time, waiting on the 900D, health, zero ambition - you know, that all plays into every build. And you know, you're building a build nice n slow. That is where the fun is, well, that and changing the build wink.gif

I took a coupla pix of the front, with the current fan setup, for snowfree. Just on air, but I'll be fitting the rads in now that I have the cpu up n running.

post #183 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 11)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 06:17 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 170 (Unique: 116)
Sorry I missed your question until I backtracked, socketus. No, I don't run my Switch every day, it just depends what I'm doing. I definitely use it when I have the SM8 down for mods. Can't get by without a backup. smile.gif
I just put a bunch of time into reinstalling Windows and other stuff on my HTPC, not finished yet but I got my HD PVR recording TV again. Media Center is such a pita sometimes, but I need it running right since my HD PVR software depends on it to schedule recordings.
Still haven't been able to get the HTPC into the Homegroup, for whatever reason. A guy from ESET spent an hour on the phone with me last year helping get every pc on my network firewalls configured but I guess it all went to hell somewhere along the line.

Maximus VIII Hero/6700K delidded w/CLP @ 4.8/Corsair LPX 4x4GB 2666 OC'd @ 3200/PCS 390X w/EK blockMain Rig specs (Click to show)
White Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals-Custom top extension
Rigid acrylic tubing/Dual D5's-MCP35x2
3x480mm-1x240mm Radiators
All psu wiring & sleeving by myself
2xAquaero 5 Pro's w/c - 1xFC8 for light panel & various led's
PowerColor PCS 390X w/EK block
6700K/Maximus VIII Hero/Corsair 4x4GB RAM
Build Logs (Click to show)Validations (Click to show)
post #185 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

That's the kind of pain I would dearly love to avoid. On the surface, its a plug n play and some configuring, right ? Not even !! I have a buddy who bought a big screen and the BB techs set it up, all but the part where he can access the tv from his pc. So .... one night, we dug out the gear and the instructions, and 4 hours later, gave up. And we don't talk about it ...... never. And he's never bothered to get the BB tech guys out to work their magic. Should have been simple, but it wasn't. I figure if I can't hook up a tv and a pc in the privacy of a home, nobody can. lol.....

Thank ya FFuzzy - like that dust on the top in the last pic ? I appreciate your appreciativeness, but if any of you reading this are unawares of Father Fuzzy's latest work, here it is
post #186 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

What's weird is I hit the TV Guide and start watching, then it quits and says it doesn't have the proper files to display video. Then I double click on some old recorded TV program and it opens right up in MCE and starts playing. Then I can just switch back to the guide and as soon as the HD PVR 1212 boots up the TV comes in perfectly!
I don't want to but will probably go ahead and install Sharkey's codec pack. Shame MS quit on MCE.

I was using the paid for 1geek1tool DVBLink stuff but they quit supporting it so I went back to Hauppauge's MCE software. Wish I could find something that didn't need MCE, and was easy to configure. I tried XMBC and gave up on it because they never got the PVR edition to work right (for me anyway).

What's on the agenda next? What ya working on now?

Maximus VIII Hero/6700K delidded w/CLP @ 4.8/Corsair LPX 4x4GB 2666 OC'd @ 3200/PCS 390X w/EK blockMain Rig specs (Click to show)
post #187 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

My gawd man ! Another reason I don't have TV programming ... besides the several hundred channels with nothing to watch syndrome. I know its been a long way back, when we all got cable with a vcr or cable box, and ch. 3 became the base so that you could surf the other channels, oh ! and turn it to Video input 1 to watch a tape or dvd. But the alphabet soup you just typed, in order to watch a program or a recorded program ... would drive me NUTSOID !

I should be able to hit a single switch to get the TV up and running, then another single switch to surf the channels Just like when the home stereo gear started going multi-channel, and more knobs started showing up. It got so bad in the late 90s, that the joke at the local stereo store was to describe your dream box - what it would do and how few buttons you could get it down to, to control the functions you wanted.

What am I working on ? ... now ? Well, I got the pc running on air, had my first memory bsod in the middle of SP1 updating, I thought I'd start the mockup with the rads the way I want them. I am going to put the 480 up top with pull fans only, but shrouded. Front will see the 360 in p/p with 2 single bays left over near the middle for 2 FC5V2s. I haven't decided on the res or pump - but I'm partial to that BP 400 not on a combined stand. Coz it will fit, tho the flashy res with the internal ccfl and led tubes does call wink.gif

I dunno, there are several new ST10 and SM8 builds starting, and they already are showing hints of modding genius .... guess I'm one of those d-i-i-y-h guys ... let me see if I can disprove that with some real actual build log building biggrin.gif
post #188 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 06:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

The only time I have to hit a bunch of remotes is when I'm recording TV in MCE, and that's only because I've been too lazy to program my Logitech remote properly. As far as watching TV, I hit one button and the receiver, TV, satellite box all turn on. Then I have other "one hit " buttons programmed for different things.

I finally got it all sorted out, was Windows screwy video codecs. I disabled them all from within Sharkey's codec package and everything works good, including bitstreaming HD audio through my video card. I like his codecs as you can use or not use as many codecs as you need to without installing a bunch of unneeded crap.
But I also installed Arcoft Arcsoft TMT, sometimes it's just easier to click on it to load up some hi res audio and let it rip.

Also got all my machines back on Windows Homegroup and configured where I can access any machine from any other machine, makes it easier to move files and music around instead of sneakernet.

--

Do you have it in running condition? I usually hit a point where all the modding is fine, but I want a functional machine. But I don't mind tearing things back apart and reassembling when I need to change something, as you know. wink.gif

post #189 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Sneakernet, Ha ! never heard that one before. Man, another acronym to check out - Arcoft TMT. I guess my question is ..... apart from DVring, or whatever, your pc serves as the processor for signals, such as "bitstreaming HD audio through my video card"

Is that HDMI ? because the audio/video are twinned thru that connection ? Man, I never got past standard def dvd, or lossy compression 5.1 DTS/DD .. altho I did play round with 5.1 + extended rear channels, even had the God speaker - the rear high center channel/speaker. It was just a Dolby matrix or ProLogic processing on the rear 3 channels.

Yah, the Orange beast is running, updated, and I fooled a bit with the beginnings of OCing yesterday ... I went ahead and pulled the plug on a 120.4 drop-in mount, so when that shows, out comes the air parts and in go the rads n gaskets n shrouds n fans. 4 bidness days to get here. Still haven't bought the fittings nor picked a res n pump yet.
post #190 of 535 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 12:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Someone told me couple of days ago the drop in was for people with a top wink.gif

I guess you're as lazy as me biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in