[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7 - Page 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] Treaded Holes - CaseLabs Merlin ST10 w/c build - Z77X-UP7

post #81 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 112 (Unique: 84)
I have some VERY BIG boxes in the garage ... all dusty tho. Cpachris just uses a white sheet - not sure how he frames it up tho. Lazy lazy lazy is what I is tho tongue.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 02:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Location: The cultural centre of the worlds largest island continent
Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Subscribed! Enjoying the banter...

Best of luck with the build

post #83 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hey welcome AVictorD - funny avatar - that an original antique 30s style pic ? ... at first I thot it was Shemp Howard. Banter is for the taking wink.gif

Yah i need a kick in the arse to get motivated. I'm now waiting on the replacement mobo tray that I managed to bugger .... CL for the win !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Hey welcome AVictorD - funny avatar - that an original antique 30s style pic ? ... at first I thot it was Shemp Howard. Banter is for the taking wink.gif

Yah i need a kick in the arse to get motivated. I'm now waiting on the replacement mobo tray that I managed to bugger .... CL for the win !

Thanks socketus...

How on earth did you bugger the tray doh.gif ?!?

PS: On the Pic, Errol is a fellow Aussie and was always the practical joker...

post #85 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Ahhhh. No clue from your lack of location, Errol is my favorite sound movie swashbuckler !

Ahh. the threads were difficult to screw into .. and when I finally got one started, it simply snapped when tightening with a socket - I hadn't overtitened as far as I could tell - but when dealing with mis-threaded screw threads, you're really out of your element. I was told that they're steel inserts, the threads - but I managed to mangle... but I wanna get it right, so replacement is coming at about $32 shipped. Neat that it all comes apart tho - the tray, the pci slots, the upper back panel, and I believe that the tray itself has a second panel ...
post #86 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

A lil update - I'm trying to decide which way to go with BP fittings, but I think the shiny is the way to go, judge for yourself.

Here's the pci covers by Lian Li - that I copped from someone else's CL build - can't recall from whom ;(
I got back into using the tripod. I tried some Silverstone covers, but they insert thru the rear panel .. tho they have a vertical slotting.

Here's the X-1250 psu - not sure which way to go, but it lets me gauge how much room I might have for either a bottom 240 Monsta or a front mount.
I'm trying to fit the 400mm BP res/combo which tops out at 522mm height overall.

post #87 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 01:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

My 2cents.gif worth...If you're after an opinion

Is Orange with Black mix an option for the PCI slot covers? (paint job)

Fittings: Is Black Sparkle an option. Maybe Matt Black with orange "O" rings

post #88 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 170 (Unique: 116)
I think the shiny silver fittings go with about anything. Black sparkle could be an option as he said.
You have to think out what your overall color scheme is going to be though. One thing about shiny is that you can mix fittings from several vendors, and actually get some fittings cheaper than Bitspower.
I have some XSPC & Phobya G 1/4 fittings mixed in with my BP's, some of those are a bit cheaper than BP. But in my case I needed lots of small G 1/4 extenders which you may not need.
For example Phobya makes a G 1/4 male/female revolvable that is cheaper than BP by a few $, and even XSPC makes a cheap chrome male/male G 1/4 and it all fits in without looking bad IMO.

Maximus VIII Hero/6700K delidded w/CLP @ 4.8/Corsair LPX 4x4GB 2666 OC'd @ 3200/PCS 390X w/EK blockMain Rig specs (Click to show)
White Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals-Custom top extension
Rigid acrylic tubing/Dual D5's-MCP35x2
3x480mm-1x240mm Radiators
All psu wiring & sleeving by myself
2xAquaero 5 Pro's w/c - 1xFC8 for light panel & various led's
PowerColor PCS 390X w/EK block
6700K/Maximus VIII Hero/Corsair 4x4GB RAM
Build Logs (Click to show)Validations (Click to show)
post #89 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Hmmm, ok ! I hadn't thought of the paint the pci covers thang, thanks ! I'm in kansas, and we're finally in the middle of some appropriately wintered weather ... brrr smile.gif
I do have a ton of matt black fittings from an unfinished build - sparkle is an option. I was looking at the silver/black of the XSPC mobo block and the Koolance CPU block's silver, and I had seen a pic of the shiny 45s on the 380 cpu block, and thot it looked fab. Tho there could be a case made for using say, shiny over the mobo, and other shades away from the mobo. Mite be a bit tuff - I'm not a color blend kinda guy, not right off the bat anyways.

And I did not know about that - mixing fittings - man ! when you pull the trigger on some BP fittings, you sure wanna get what you need, and not a bit more ! Tho you're right, from looking at the other shiny/silver fittings, they would pass. Not every fitting is going to show the BP logo. Enzotech always throws me with their kinda similar logo. Ok, more surfin and shoppin biggrin.gif
post #90 of 535 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by socketus View Post

Hmmm, ok ! I hadn't thought of the paint the pci covers thang, thanks ! I'm in kansas, and we're finally in the middle of some appropriately wintered weather ... brrr smile.gif
I do have a ton of matt black fittings from an unfinished build - sparkle is an option. I was looking at the silver/black of the XSPC mobo block and the Koolance CPU block's silver, and I had seen a pic of the shiny 45s on the 380 cpu block, and thot it looked fab. Tho there could be a case made for using say, shiny over the mobo, and other shades away from the mobo. Mite be a bit tuff - I'm not a color blend kinda guy, not right off the bat anyways.

And I did not know about that - mixing fittings - man ! when you pull the trigger on some BP fittings, you sure wanna get what you need, and not a bit more ! Tho you're right, from looking at the other shiny/silver fittings, they would pass. Not every fitting is going to show the BP logo. Enzotech always throws me with their kinda similar logo. Ok, more surfin and shoppin biggrin.gif

I'm not dissimilar to Mandrix. I have a mix of BP and Enzotech. The latter is a bit more chunky but slightly cheaper, I found anyway. BP is more versatile in its options. Overtime I'm likely to go more BP.

I'm certain you will choose what you feel suits the rig. Should be good thumb.gif ...Any other modding?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in