[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling - Page 11 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #101 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyPinhead View Post

I gotta ask, whats up with the poor face plate mounting?



Can't you flush mount the bays?

In that image, the fan controller wasn't screwed in. I just slipped it into place to take a pic of what it will look like once installed. But yes, you're right, it's not going to be flush. Just the way the case is made.

Small update. Painted the screws and washers today to match the black theme of the build.








The last image is a comparison of an M3x12mm screw vs an M3x8mm screw, for those of you that were curious to see what the difference in length is when fully screwed down into the rad.

Also, I'm sending back my 140mm Cougar fans that are mounted to the front of the case. Not too happy with the performance, as well as the clicking/buzzing noises they make. The SP120's and AF140 Corsair fans are almost perfectly silent and don't make any type of noise... I really wish Corsair would just hurry up and release the SP140's. They have the best opportunity to become the best 140mm rad fans.

I'm thinking about buying another AF140, popping out the actual fan, and replacing it with a fan from my spare SP120. It would technically be a 140mm fan housing with 120mm fan blades, found on the SP120 series... hmmm...
brandon6199 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 05:09 PM
Meep
 
Gilles3000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4,942
Rep: 293 (Unique: 218)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post



Also, I'm sending back my 140mm Cougar fans that are mounted to the front of the case. Not too happy with the performance, as well as the clicking/buzzing noises they make. The SP120's and AF140 Corsair fans are almost perfectly silent and don't make any type of noise... I really wish Corsair would just hurry up and release the SP140's. They have the best opportunity to become the best 140mm rad fans.

I'm thinking about buying another AF140, popping out the actual fan, and replacing it with a fan from my spare SP120. It would technically be a 140mm fan housing with 120mm fan blades, found on the SP120 series... hmmm...

Just wait for the Sp 140. Or maybe you could get the 140mm noiseblocker fan.

http://www.blacknoise.com/en/products/it/11/Noiseblocker-NB_BlackSilent_Pro_140mm
Gilles3000 is offline  
post #103 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Just wait for the Sp 140. Or maybe you could get the 140mm noiseblocker fan.

http://www.blacknoise.com/en/products/it/11/Noiseblocker-NB_BlackSilent_Pro_140mm

Yep, I'm actually going with the Noiseblocker fans until they release the SP140's. thumb.gif
brandon6199 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #104 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
UPDATE:

Finally was able to mount my XSPC Photon 170 res w/ D5 pump into my 750D. I'm quite happy with the result thumb.gif












brandon6199 is offline  
post #105 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 12:24 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
user2357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
Great build and component choices. How much did it cost overall?
user2357 is offline  
post #106 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2357 View Post

Great build and component choices. How much did it cost overall?

A LOT!

Once I purchase my EK GTX 780 Ti CSQ blocks and CSQ bridge, and a couple other things, it'll be around $4600. Definitely over $5000 if you include the ASUS PB278Q 1440p monitor that I bought for this build too.

Expensive hobby is expensive. wink.gif
brandon6199 is offline  
post #107 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 12:37 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
user2357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

A LOT!

Once I purchase my EK GTX 780 Ti CSQ blocks and CSQ bridge, and a couple other things, it'll be around $4600. Definitely over $5000 if you include the ASUS PB278Q 1440p monitor that I bought for this build too.

Expensive hobby is expensive. wink.gif

I'm thinking of building a PC with the same components but without the watercooling to save money, not sure if that is a good idea haha
user2357 is offline  
post #108 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 02:34 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
GunfighterAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 295
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by user2357 View Post

I'm thinking of building a PC with the same components but without the watercooling to save money, not sure if that is a good idea haha

At this extreme end of $4000+ pc adding water cooling shouldn't be that much. About a 1000 I think for quality WC parts
GunfighterAK is offline  
post #109 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 02:42 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
darwing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,027
Rep: 41 (Unique: 38)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

UPDATE:

Finally was able to mount my XSPC Photon 170 res w/ D5 pump into my 750D. I'm quite happy with the result thumb.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












Uhhh zip ties for the res??? Please tell me no your not building a beautiful build with zip ties... U painted the nuts for gods sake and ur using zip ties?? Lol
darwing is offline  
post #110 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 07:17 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
GunfighterAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 295
Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
Nice setup! thumb.gif I've also planned a similar build and have all my water cooling parts collecting dust. I have a 280 monsta radiator for the front and have a question.
Why don't flip the front radiator to have the inlet and outlet ports on the top and use the the bottom port as a drain? Is there not enough space for a 90 degree fitting for a drain valve?

Following your build closely for any future hurdles I might encounter biggrin.gif
GunfighterAK is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off