[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling - Page 15 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling

Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #141 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
brandon6199 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 08:31 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
yurvalentine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 82
Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
SO hawt
yurvalentine is offline  
post #143 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 08:53 AM
New to Overclock.net
 
vallonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 541
Rep: 42 (Unique: 36)
Hardware porn, can barely wait for the climax! biggrin.gif

Climax, in case you haven't figured it out yet = finished build.
vallonen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #144 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurvalentine View Post

SO hawt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallonen View Post

Hardware porn, can barely wait for the climax! biggrin.gif

Climax, in case you haven't figured it out yet = finished build.

laughingsmiley.gif
brandon6199 is offline  
post #145 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:15 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MxPhenom 216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,097
Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post


laughingsmiley.gif

So what screws did you decide on for the backplate on the GPUs? I like the way the look. Pretty clean.
MxPhenom 216 is offline  
post #146 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

So what screws did you decide on for the backplate on the GPUs? I like the way the look. Pretty clean.

For the backplate screws > PCB > EK block , I used M3x0.5x8mm socket-head screws

For the EK block screws > PCB, I used M3x0.5x6mm button-head screws
brandon6199 is offline  
post #147 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:41 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MxPhenom 216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,097
Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

For the backplate screws > PCB > EK block , I used M3x0.5x8mm socket-head screws

For the EK block screws > PCB, I used M3x0.5x6mm button-head screws

So to screw in the backplate where there is not block, use used some screws, and then locking nuts?

I was thinking 8mm screws are probably perfect for Backplate > PCB > block.
MxPhenom 216 is offline  
post #148 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

So to screw in the backplate where there is not block, use used some screws, and then locking nuts?

I was thinking 8mm screws are probably perfect for Backplate > PCB > block.

Correct. I used (3) M3 nuts per card where there was nothing that the screw threads would be able to fasten into.

And yes, the M3x0.5x8mm screws are exactly what I used for Backplate > PCB > block
brandon6199 is offline  
post #149 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:37 PM
New to Overclock.net
 
MxPhenom 216's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,097
Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

Correct. I used (3) M3 nuts per card where there was nothing that the screw threads would be able to fasten into.

And yes, the M3x0.5x8mm screws are exactly what I used for Backplate > PCB > block

Awesome man. Thanks for the info. +rep. Excited to see the finished product. I just have a week of finals left till I can go home and rebuild my rig into my new 750D sitting there. Should be good.

Also are you mixing up that vinegar in water and heating it up to clean out the radiators?
MxPhenom 216 is offline  
post #150 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
 
brandon6199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,685
Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

Awesome man. Thanks for the info. +rep. Excited to see the finished product. I just have a week of finals left till I can go home and rebuild my rig into my new 750D sitting there. Should be good.

Also are you mixing up that vinegar in water and heating it up to clean out the radiators?

Thanks thumb.gif

Correct. I used a 80/20 ratio (distilled water/distilled vinegar). I heated it up to the point where it was quite warm, but not so warm that it was actually boiling. I let the solution sit in the radiators for about an hour, and then filled it up a couple more times with the distilled vinegar/water solution, gave it a nice shake, and poured it out. Then 3 more times after with straight distilled water. For the blocks and tubing, I simply rinsed them for a bit with distilled water and let them dry.

I think it worked quite well, as the last couple times I flushed them out, the water that came out was crystal clear. I do want to note that quite a bit of gunk came out the first couple times with the warm distilled water/vinegar mixture thumb.gif
brandon6199 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off