[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling - Page 16 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling

post #151 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

Thanks thumb.gif

Correct. I used a 80/20 ratio (distilled water/distilled vinegar). I heated it up to the point where it was quite warm, but not so warm that it was actually boiling. I let the solution sit in the radiators for about an hour, and then filled it up a couple more times with the distilled vinegar/water solution, gave it a nice shake, and poured it out. Then 3 more times after with straight distilled water. For the blocks and tubing, I simply rinsed them for a bit with distilled water and let them dry.

I think it worked quite well, as the last couple times I flushed them out, the water that came out was crystal clear. I do want to note that quite a bit of gunk came out the first couple times with the warm distilled water/vinegar mixture thumb.gif

Yeah, that is what I have been hearing about the Alphacool radiators. They have a lot of gunk inside them from manufacturing. How exactly did you get the proper ratio with the water and vinegar? Math wise, and what did you use to measure it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MxPhenom 216 View Post

Yeah, that is what I have been hearing about the Alphacool radiators. They have a lot of gunk inside them from manufacturing. How exactly did you get the proper ratio with the water and vinegar? Math wise, and what did you use to measure it out?

In all honesty, I just poured the distilled vinegar into the distilled water without any measurements. Pretty sure it was close to 20% or 25% vinegar though tongue.gif

As far as I know, you don't really have to get scientific with your measurements, especially since you're going to thoroughly rinse it out with straight distilled water afterwards.
post #153 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 07:38 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 38)
before i get this case is there a way of removing the 5.25" bay cage at the top?

i figure you only need 1 3-4 tb hdd plus a ssd anyways so can use that space for more rad room or dual res
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

before i get this case is there a way of removing the 5.25" bay cage at the top?

i figure you only need 1 3-4 tb hdd plus a ssd anyways so can use that space for more rad room or dual res

Yep, get a power drill, and drill out the rivets.
post #155 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-10-2013, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #156 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 41 (Unique: 38)
its funny because Im going to be doing the exact same build a little slower over the next month LOL different color scheme but basically the same 750d, 4770k delidded 2x780ti hahaha

My OCD is kicking in again with the tube routing, I think you should use the motherboard watercooling block and rout it like so in order to have no crossed tubes and cleaner runs

please excuse the cruidity of my drawing

Ps that SLI connector rocks did it come with the 780's?
post #157 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
I don't necessarily agree with the mobo stock water cooling idea, but I do agree that cross over tubes are a bit of a nono for anyone that is OCD about their loops and looks worse IMO. If you could find a better route then that would really make the build look cleaner.
post #158 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 05:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 67 (Unique: 65)
Big favor to ask, since your using bigger bards how do they fit/look in the mobo block? Any chance to test fit the fittings. When I do my build I will be using smaller fittings*always used 3/4 fittings* I'm wondering how the fatter fittings fit/look on that part.
I am debatmg in staying with 3/4 fittings or going 3/8.
post #159 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

its funny because Im going to be doing the exact same build a little slower over the next month LOL different color scheme but basically the same 750d, 4770k delidded 2x780ti hahaha

My OCD is kicking in again with the tube routing, I think you should use the motherboard watercooling block and rout it like so in order to have no crossed tubes and cleaner runs

please excuse the cruidity of my drawing

Ps that SLI connector rocks did it come with the 780's?

No, I had to purchase the SLI connector seperately from EVGA.

Also, I tried routing it that way first, but I didn't like how it put alot of stress on the tubing... which is why I ended up switching it to this way. I'll keep playing around with it.

And I don't plan on using the motherboard block since it's aluminum redface.gif (even if ASUS says it's quadruple anodized)

Also, I can't use the fillport on my reservoir as an inlet port, so that wouldn't work either...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewat View Post

I don't necessarily agree with the mobo stock water cooling idea, but I do agree that cross over tubes are a bit of a nono for anyone that is OCD about their loops and looks worse IMO. If you could find a better route then that would really make the build look cleaner.

Agreed, I tried not crossing them first, but didn't like how they were fitting, and didn't want to waste my 45 degree angle compression fittings because I need them elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1ral View Post

Big favor to ask, since your using bigger bards how do they fit/look in the mobo block? Any chance to test fit the fittings. When I do my build I will be using smaller fittings*always used 3/4 fittings* I'm wondering how the fatter fittings fit/look on that part.
I am debatmg in staying with 3/4 fittings or going 3/8.

Everything looks and fits great. I'm using 1/2" x 3/4" Bitspower compression fittings. Haven't run into any clearance issues yet anywhere in my build... it's ultimately going to be your call.
post #160 of 268 (permalink) Old 12-11-2013, 11:40 AM
New to Overclock.net

I'll say. Looking good. I just ordered my 780s block last night, now that's in stock again finally, so I should have everything I need at home waiting for me.

Picked up this one, so I wouldn't have to use nuts for the other backplate screws that screw into nothing. http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=59_971_240_579&products_id=39786&zenid=5b0e95623742c40148a082a3ef359492

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in