[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling

post #31 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 03:50 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
]New here, subbed.

Looking forward to more WC stuff like this, hopefully doing of of my own soon!

wouldn't you be able to make the loop shorter by turning the top radiator so that the water from the top rad runs straight into the res instead of venturing across the entire case?
i understand this may not be possible due to the drive bays, but just an idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by division2 View Post

I would change your loop order as the way it is now you would have the hot water from your gpus blasting your cpu. Arrange your loop so that the hot water from your gpus will hit a rad before going to any other component.

Agreed, maybe instead of rotating the top radiator go Pump>Front Rad>GPUs>Top Rad> CPU>res ?

Edit: just realised i was responding to the first page, feel stupid now mad.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post

subbed, getting this case soon

You'll be making a great decision if you do thumb.gif
post #33 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

UPDATE: Assembly of Main Components and Testing

And yes, that is a stock Intel CPU heatsink... redface.gif

Looking forward to ordering the water-cooling parts!
post #35 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 08:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 110 (Unique: 85)
Just curious, how do those cards perform acoustically? I've always been curious about those coolers.

-Zepp

1995 Chevy Impala SS: Dark Cherry Metallic, Nitto NT555's (255/40/W17), Flowmaster 40 Series Mufflers, stock 350-LT1 V8. The Daily.
2006 Pontiac GTO: Brazen Orange Metallic, 6-speed, Stock Internal 6.0L LS2 V8, SLP Long Tube Headers, SLP Loudmouth II Cat-Back, Custom Catless Mids by Red's Muffler, Trickflow Intake, BMR Aluminum Skidplate, Hinson Motorsports Single-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft w/ Forged Chromoly Yolks, Hinson Motorsports Short-Throw Shifter, Melling High-Volume LS2 Oil Pump, Powerbond 15% Underdrive Pulley, SCSS Oil Pressure and Boost/Vacuum Gauges, BMR Sub-Frame Connectors, BMR Strut Tower Brace, Hotchkis Front/Rear Sway Bars, Roadsafe Bushingless Front Swaybar Endlinks, Tow Brace Delete, Hinson Polyurethane Transmission and Motor Mounts, Koni Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Whiteline Upper Rear Shock Bushings, Whiteline Differential Support Insert, Whiteline Upper Strut...

post #36 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepp3 View Post

Just curious, how do those cards perform acoustically? I've always been curious about those coolers.

-Zepp

After about an hour of Battlefield 4 @ 2560x1440 on Ultra Settings and 4xMSAA, I couldn't even tell that the fans on the cards were even spinning. These cards are extremely quiet even while under load. Coming from a GTX 480, which would become quite noisy after a few minutes of BF4 gameplay, these are practically silent.

I did, however, purposely turn up the fan speeds with EVGA Precision X and found that it wasn't until 60-70% fan speed that I was actually able to hear these cards operating. I believe while playing BF4, they were only around 40-50% fan speed.

Hope this helps, but all in all, the stock cooler does an excellent job of keeping the temps down while barely being audible.
post #37 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

UPDATE: Upgraded Power Supply - AX1200i

Although the AX860i has been perfectly able to handle this build thus far, (even while heavy load during benchmarking and gaming) I chose to go for the AX1200i instead. Reason being, once I get my loop up and running, I'm going to be overclocking and heavily increasing voltages on my CPU and GPU's in order to maximize the overclocking potential. Too close for comfort for me. I'll be swapping my AX860i out today and replacing it with the AX1200i - although with the increased length of the AX1200i, I hope that I'm still able to mount a 2 x 120mm rad on the bottom of the 750D. If not, I'll stick to my original plan and mount a 2 x 140 mm rad to the front of the case.

Newegg was able to get this package to me in less than 24 hours. I ordered it yesterday afternoon, and received it this morning around 10:30 AM. They were also kind enough to waive the re-stocking fee for my AX860i even though I already opened the package.

Thanks Newegg thumb.gif

Corsair AX1200i installed. I'll be ordering the parts for my custom loop soon smile.gif
post #38 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 11:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Excellent build and documentation thus far!

I upgraded my ram on my x79 platform last week to 32gb of the G. Skill Trident X - 2133, and have been very pleased with it.

1440p BF4 gamer here as well, good luck with the rest of the build. Looks great.

Reed
post #39 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 06:03 PM
New to Overclock.net

I really love those Asus motherboard covers, falling in love.

Sweet looking build man, keep up the good work thumb.gif
post #40 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrenner87 View Post

Excellent build and documentation thus far!

I upgraded my ram on my x79 platform last week to 32gb of the G. Skill Trident X - 2133, and have been very pleased with it.

1440p BF4 gamer here as well, good luck with the rest of the build. Looks great.

Thank you kind sir thumb.gif I'm a huge fan of these G.SKILL Trident X DDR3-2400 kits as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFFigjam View Post

I really love those Asus motherboard covers, falling in love.

Sweet looking build man, keep up the good work thumb.gif

Let me tell you - it looks even better in person. The "armor" actually feels... like armor. All jokes aside. Unfortunately, I was forced to take off the back-plate for now until I can figure out a way to mod it so that it fits in my Corsair 750D. Perhaps while I'm modding my case to install the custom loop, I'll be able to work something out then.

Also, here's a quick clip I took of Battlefield 4 running at 2560x1440 with all settings on Ultra and 4xMSAA. Although you can't see the FPS, it's generally around 110-130 fps during gameplay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in