[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling - Page 8 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti SLI - Corsair 750D - Custom Liquid Cooling

post #71 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 75 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakewat View Post

WAIT, do you realize you bought one compression fitting and two 45 rotaries? or is this some kind of troll?
And what was your decision on the photon as it may look strange if you decided to run it from top to bottom.

doh.gif I don't know why the quantity didn't update! I'm calling them now.

EDIT: 7 more compression fittings ordered, so 8 total thumb.gif Thanks Jakewat redface.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 12:48 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 9 (Unique: 9)
Always got to check them quantities smile.gif
post #73 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:45 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:

Always got to check them quantities smile.gif
I think you mis spelt, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quadtitties*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

UPDATE:

I finally received my water-cooling equipment from FrozenCPU earlier today. The only other components that I am waiting on are my EK-FC GTX 780 Ti Nickel (Original CSQ) blocks as well as my EK dual slot parallel bridge (Original CSQ)

I've decided that I'm going to do without my build for the next several days as I get a chance to familiarize myself with the case and all of the water-cooling equipment, instead of waiting to do it all at once. I can already tell that I'm going to need to make a trip to the hardware store and pick up some extra screws, washers, and some type of anti-vibration material. The goal is to pretty much get my loop 90% complete, so when my GTX 780 Ti blocks arrive, I'll be able to pop them right in and fill up the loop.

Here are some pics thumb.gif

Still have a lot of work to do. As I imagined, mounting the XSPC Photon 170 res/pump combo in my 750D is going to be a challenge... but I'll figure it out somehow smile.gif

I need to grab some 6mm M3 screws with washers in order to mount my top and front radiators to the case without having the screw head fall through the hole of the fan/case, which is what it's doing right now with the included M3 screws.

Also ordered some GTX 780 Ti backplates as well as the EVGA Pro SLI Bridge... those should be arriving tomorrow... just for aesthetics smile.gif

FrozenCPU tells me that they're going to have the GTX 780 Ti blocks in stock sometime early next week... going to check back Friday with them to see how their inventory is going to be looking.
post #75 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:05 PM
New to Overclock.net

Nice gear. It would be nicer if I didn't have to break my neck to look at the pics tonguesmiley.gif
post #76 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Nice gear. It would be nicer if I didn't have to break my neck to look at the pics tonguesmiley.gif

Sorry, fixed tongue.gif
post #77 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:35 PM
New to Overclock.net

Ahhh much better smile.gif
So have you made any plans for a fill/ drain port to make things easier for yourself? Can't wait to see the photon installed so I can make up my mind on mine. Also did you have enough fittings for everthing? I roughly counted that you need ten, including gpu blocks, which I think is how many you got.
Also remember to get de-ionized water instead of distilled water just to be safe, every so often people have problems with dyes and pastels when using distilled.
post #78 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

For the fill-port, I'm going to be using the M20 fill-port on the top of the Photon, using a small funnel connected to some tubing, which will allow me to fill the loop while the res is mounted in the case. I'm going to do without a drain port this time around. I already have an idea on how I'm going to be draining my system. Granted, it's not as convenient as having a drain-port, but I'll manage.

And yes, exactly 10 fittings is how many my loop requires. (8 regular fittings, 2 45 degree angle fittings).

I'm absolutely blown away with the build quality of the Photon 170 res. Let me tell you, that thing is much heavier than it looks! It feels extremely solid, well-made, and definitely not cheap. Really glad I picked it up.
post #79 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon6199 View Post

I'm absolutely blown away with the build quality of the Photon 170 res. Let me tell you, that thing is much heavier than it looks! It feels extremely solid, well-made, and definitely not cheap. Really glad I picked it up.

That's funny because the photon is my cheapest option. You did buy the combo though, the main reason I am so against that combo is just because XSPC overcharge for it and bought separately it would probably be cheaper. Anyway back to the res itself, I could imagine the weight since it is the only glass tube res I have seen around, the rest being acetal. I also like the idea of that diffused led bar down the centre which should look great with the semi transparent fluid your using.
post #80 of 268 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 10:33 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
everything looking great man, subbed! thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in