Forum Jump: 

Big Red

post #1 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Rep: 287 (Unique: 176)
Build Log - Big Red

Boot logo

20161208_211851.jpg

It's about time I made a build log for my system, aptly named Big Red. I've been putting this off for some time, though I've wanted to do it, because this build goes all the way back to 2010 and I've upgraded it more times than I can remember.

This has always been an AMD based system because that's all I could afford.

This will be a visual chronicle of the various upgrades I've done to my system, using photos from my sig rig, as well as some on my Facebook that I never uploaded to OCN.

So, the original components of this system were as follows. This machine was first built in 2010. I sold my Playstation 3 and used the money to finance this rig. Previously, I was using a pre-built Acer Aspire E360 with an Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2ghz and 2GB RAM. I was using emulators a lot for Wii, Gamecube, PS2, Saturn and Nintendo DS and they were quite slow on the Athlon 64 since it lacked SSE2 instructions. So I aimed to build a modern, budget gamer system that could run modern emulators well, as well as do some light PC gaming. If only I knew then how big and expensive my hobby would eventually become...

I did a lot of research before building this system and decided to go with a Phenom II x2 and a certain ASUS motherboard because I found out I could purchase a dual core and have a high chance of unlocking it to a quad using Advanced Clock Calibration (AMD ACC).

Original Components

AMD Phenom II x2 550 BE (unlocked to quad)
ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo motherboard
4GB G.skill 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 DDR3 DRAM
OCZ ModXStream Pro 500W Power Supply
WD Caviar Blue 320GB Hard Drive
Lite-on 20x DVD-RW
Cooler Master Elite 310 case
Cooler Master red LED fans
Stock AMD heatsink
Sapphire Radeon HD 4670 (I had this already, I bought it with Christmas money from my aunt, and it was in the Acer Aspire for a while)

Pictures of Big Red V1 (Click to show)

Ubuntu Desktop w/ Conky (Click to show)

Eventually, I got a Scythe Samurai ZZ V2 CPU cooler. Originally, when building the system, I had bought a Cooler Master 212 Plus cooler but I tried numerous times to mount it and couldn't. No matter what I did the heatsink standoffs would not align properly with the holes on my motherboard. I was using the correct brackets but they simply wouldn't align with the holes. I could put three of the standoffs through the holes but there was no way to get the fourth in. So I just decided I would get a different cooler.

Scythe Samurai ZZ Cooler (Click to show)

Next, I believe sometime in 2011, I upgraded my case to an Azza Solano 1000R. I chose this because it looked like a high quality case, with the inside painted, holes for cable management, and so on. The Cooler Master Elite 310 was a $29.99 case and it had horrible airflow and poor build quality. So yeah, that had to go.
Big Red V2 (Click to show)

Horrible electrical tape cable management wink.gif

The two cases next to each other.

At some point, I believe December 2011 I got a Sapphire 6870 and an ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p monitor. I was starting to get serious about PC gaming. My lovely girlfriend, Bridgypoo, who actually has a decent job, bought me this gear. =P At this point, I started to get more serious about my build and cable management, so it looks MUCH cleaner. This started my obsession with machines having clean cable management.
Big Red V3 (Click to show)

I ended up getting a used Phenom II X6 1090T from awesome OCN member and my personal friend, damric (Luke). We still talk regularly and became friends through me meeting him this way. He builds nice systems too and you can see his most recent build log here: https://www.overclock.net/t/1446151/damrics-new-toys

Since I got a better processor I needed better cooling, of course to overclock it. I got a Thermaltake Frio cooler, which while old is an amazing CPU cooler. It was well worth the $60 it cost. I also got some Rosewill 120MM 74CFM red LED fans to go on the heatsink, because I thought it would look cool.

Big Red V4 (Click to show)

Still rocking the 6870. At this point I had started folding 24/7 on my 6870 and I joined the team competition for the folding team, Brass Bottom Boys. Eventually I managed to get a hold of an ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ motherboard. I chose this motherboard because it was AM3+, whereas my M4A785TD-V Evo was only AM3 with no upgrade path. Also, the board is black and red (stupid how little things like color choice influence your buying decisions). Anyway, I learned the ins and outs of this motherboard pretty fast and learned how to overclock using things like Digi+ VRM and so on. My older board had none of that stuff. Along with the 1090T I got some G.skill Snipers 1866mhz 9-10-9-28 RAM!
Crosshair V Formula, Thermaltake Frio, 1090T (Click to show)

I ran the 1090T for about a year, for all of 2012, before I decided to upgrade to an FX-8350 which I bought new from Newegg for about $200. Since I got a new processor, I needed a new CPU cooler, so I got a Corsair H100i. It was REALLY nice not to have to mount my side panel fan on the outside, and to have more room to work in my case without a huge tower heatsink. Along with the FX-8350 I got some Samsung "Miracle RAM"- 8GB DDR3 1600mhz 11-11-11 that was insanely overclockable. I run it at 2400mhz 11-11-11-30 2T and it's fast and flawless.
Big Red V5 (Click to show)

Next, I decided I really wanted a 7970. The one I had my eye on, of course, was the Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X. I'm a huge Sapphire fan and love their cards, they overclock great and usually have good coolers. So, I saved money from Jan 2013 until April 2013, and sold a bunch of stuff including all of my hard copy Wii, PS2 and Xbox games. Eventually I had the $450 I needed for the card and I got it. With the FX-8350 and 7970 my rig was upgraded to Big Red V6.
Big Red V6 (Click to show)

My lovely girlfriend Bridgypoo got me a keyboard, mouse and mousepad for Valentine's Day 2013.
Better keyboard and mouse (Click to show)

After only a month my 7970 Vapor-X started overheating. I couldn't figure out why but at the same overclock (1200/1600mhz) the card was going up to 70C in Crysis 3 and crashing, as opposed to staying around 60C. Anyway, I noticed when running my machine on it's side with the side panel off that one of the fans wasn't spinning. I checked and the fan was dead. So on my girlfriend's suggestion I got an Arctic Accelero 7970 Xtreme cooler. This would be in September 2013. No more pretty "Sapphire" LED...
Arctic Accelero (Click to show)

I decided my cooling wasn't good enough and I wanted to upgrade my system a bit so around November 2013 I ordered some Corsair SP120 high performance fans, as well as some Bitfenix Alchemy red sleeved extension cables (PCI-E and 24 pin) from Frozencpu.com.
SP120s (Click to show)

I upgraded and bought two more monitors- both ASUS VH238H, since I couldn't get the older VH236H anymore to match my existing monitor. So now I run my 236 in the middle and my 238s on the side. Now I had an Eyefinity setup. I actually had to go and buy a small, cheap bookcase for my tower to sit on since there was no room on my desk anymore. I think it worked out well, because my machine sits a little bit higher than the desk and looks really cool. I love having Eyefinity, but the only problem is that working on my machine is now a serious PITA since I have to unplug and move at least two of my monitors out of the way, to have room to work on my desk. =/
Eyefinity (Click to show)

Two things happened. First, the R9 290X and 290 came out in October 2013. I had my eye on them from the beginning because they are awesomely powerful cards. However, I was smart and wasn't going to buy one at an inflated price, and I wasn't going to buy one without an aftermarket cooler. No way I was using a reference cooler, and I'm not doing a water build because I can't afford to do it right... I'd need like $400 in water cooling parts. Not happening. I'd rather just run my cards on air.

My 7970 died when I was changing the thermal paste. I changed the TIM, like I had done many times, trying to get lower temps. Anyway, I put the card back in and it would just show a black windows login screen. It seemed dead. So, I took the Accelero cooler off of it and put the Vapor-X cooler back on and RMA'ed it to Sapphire. For all of December I used a new R9 270X Vapor-X that my brother bought me. Remember the old 6870 I folded on? It was in my sister's rig (budget gamer). My brother went to play games and didn't change the fan profile. The 6870 is dead, and also just shows a black windows login screen. I still have it in it's original box in my basement. At least I have a replacement though, my brother saved up for a month and got me my 270X, which is actually a golden card. So, I ran that for a month until I got a Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X.

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.4GHz CCD0 1.36v, 4.2GHz CCD1, locked, 1900Mhz fclk
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero BIOS 1001
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 2012/5760MHz
GPU
RAM
G.SKILL Flare X B-Die 3200 C14 @ 3800MHz 16-16-16-32-50 1T 1.42v ;)
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo 500GB m.2 2280 PCI-E NVMe SSD
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo SATA 256GB
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Corsair H100i V2 (plastidipped red tubing)
Cooling
Arctic Bionix F120 red (radiator), Bionix F140 red (rear), Bionix P140 3k RPM (front)
Cooling
Prolimatech PK-3 Nano 30g tube
Cooling
G.skill OG DDR3 Memory Cooler, white LED
Cooling
Corsair red LED 140mm fan, blowing on board socket + VRMs from behind
Case
Corsair 780T w/ custom red paint
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Win10 X64 Pro 1903 (gaming only), stripped down, updates blocked, Firewalled.
Monitor
3x ASUS V239 23" 1080p IPS Surround, 60Hz
Keyboard
Ducky One 2 RGB PKT MX Reds
Keyboard
OCN Ducky DK1008 MX Blues
Keyboard
Corsair K70 Lux red led/MX Reds
Mouse
Redragon Chroma M710 RGB (Omron Switches)
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Logitech Z2300 2.1 120w 8" sub, w/ 40w satellites
Other
Logisys red LED "Meteor Light"
Other
Custom acrylic PSU shroud "Big Red" (black w/ red led logo, v1tech)
Other
Custom acrylic drive cage shroud "[email protected]" (black w/ red logo. Clockwerkindustries)
Other
Thermaltake TTmod combed red/black cable extensions
Other
"Republic of Gamers", "EVGA" case badges.
Other
Merax Red/Black Racing Chair
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
HuC6260 Video Color Encoder (slave of HuC6270A)
GPU
HuC6270A Video Display Contoller 64kB VRAM
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
HuCard (38 pin removable EEPROM storage, size of a credit card)
Case
Core Grafx case, 5.5" x 5.5", smallest home console ever
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
24"flat CRT television, 60Hz, 256x239
Keyboard
PC Engine 2-button controller
Audio
Hu6280A 6-channel on CPU die
Other
Brand new Nichicon electrolytic capacitors
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
Macintosh SE analog board (provides voltage + timing to CRT)
GPU
None. Graphics generated by ROM, OS and 68k (sans fpu)
RAM
NEC Electronics 80ns 9-chip 1MB SIMMs (four, 4MB total RAM)
Hard Drive
FloppyEmu Ver C in clear case, front-mounted, 500MB HFS .dsk file
Optical Drive
Sony 800KB Double-Sided floppy disk drive. Cleaned and relubricated
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Single fan. Very small. (25mm?)
Cooling
Cage in the case itself provides convection cooling.
Case
Macintosh SE, platinum color, Snow White design language
Operating System
System Software 6.0.8 w/ Multifinder
Operating System
System Software 7.1 (rarely used; needed for Macintalk 2 speech synthesis)
Monitor
9" 1-bit (black and white) CRT, 512x342, 58Hz
Keyboard
Apple Desktop Bus Keyboard 1 (cleaned and restored.)
Mouse
Apple Desktop Bus Mouse 1 (cleaned)
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
"Macintosh Toolbox" 128Kb ROM chip- accelerates OS/System calls
Other
Replaced soldered 3.6V PRAM battery liable to explode/leak w/ 3V lithium coin cell meant for Gameboy games.
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Recent Upgrades

I upgraded recently to an R9 290 Tri-X, which I absolutely love, it's an amazing card. Additionally, I upgraded to a Cooler Master V1000 1000W power supply unit. I was having issues with my machine shutting off using an OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W PSU. Basically, if I clocked my system to 5ghz and ran IntelBurnTest I would trigger over current protection on the OCZ psu and my machine would shut off. Apparently, it has dual 12V rails and my FX-8350 was overloading one of them at that high of voltage and clock. With the V1000, that problem doesn't happen, though I still can't pass IBT or Prime95 at 5ghz.

Also, I'm saving for another R9 290 Tri-X for Crossfire, and to double my money mining. My girlfriend got me into mining. We eventually got the 7970 back from RMA, we had to send it to them twice because the first replacement they sent us was missing a capacitor and would lose video completely shortly after booting into Windows. So now, I run the Tri-X in my machine and the 7970 Vapor-X is in my girlfriend's rig (Azza Blue).
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X (Click to show)

Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X and Cooler Master V1000 PSU (Click to show)

Future Upgrades and current status

My Corsair H100i had a problem and I had to send it off to Corsair RMA. Basically, I went to change the thermal paste and when I put the water block back on and went to hook up the Corsair Link cable, the cable was just going into empty space in the water block. I looked at it and the connector on the pump unit wasn't there. I could literally see the solder points on the PCB where the little plastic connector was supposed to be. So, for now I'm stuck at 4ghz on stock voltage with the stock FX heatsink that came with my processor.

I ordered a Logisys meteor light kit from Frozencpu in red. It should be here sometime this week. I'll have to tear my system down and remove the current red cold cathode tube to install the dual meteor lights. They look really cool, I hope it was worth it.

So, I'll be installing the meteor light and my H100i again when I get it back from RMA. They shipped it today. I'm excited to see whether they send me back my old unit or a new replacement.

Within a month or two I should have my second Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, I'll post pictures of the install when I get it.

It's a small thing, but I got some cool case badges for cheap from Frozencpu recently. I was a little disappointed though, I thought they would be bigger.

Still, I think they look pretty good.

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Motherboard
GPU
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Cooling
Arctic Bionix F120 red (radiator), Bionix F140 red (rear), Bionix P140 3k RPM (front)
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Keyboard
Keyboard
Mouse
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Other
Other
Other
Custom acrylic drive cage shroud "[email protected]" (black w/ red logo. Clockwerkindustries)
Other
Other
Other
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
GPU
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
Case
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
Keyboard
Audio
Other
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
Other
Replaced soldered 3.6V PRAM battery liable to explode/leak w/ 3V lithium coin cell meant for Gameboy games.
▲ hide details ▲

post #3 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Most recent stuff

H100i back
Two Tri-X installed
Big Red goes Intel- 4770k and Maximus VI Hero
Bitfenix Alchemy Sleeved Extensions for the Bottom Card
Big Red V7: new case, sleeved extensions, fans, and lighting (Feb 2016)
Big Red V8? Massive update including a custom acrylic PSU shroud, paint, and 2x Sapphire Fury Nitros!
12/23/16: Custom acrylic drive cage cover from v1tech.
1/4/17: New H100i V2 cooler, great temps!
1/5/17: Big Red High Res Gallery 2017!

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Motherboard
GPU
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Keyboard
Keyboard
Mouse
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
GPU
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
Case
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
Keyboard
Audio
Other
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 143 (Unique: 107)
That's come a long way, it sure is red. thumb.gif

devil.gif [Official] AMD R9 280X / 280 & 270X Owners Club devil.gif

BUILD LOG
"Any fool can condemn, criticize and complain - and most fools do"
- Ben Franklin -
post #5 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Old Guy Crunching

Rep: 23 (Unique: 20)
Nice looking rig neurotix. thumb.gif I also like the Sapphire cards. I just picked up a R9 280x Toxic for 390 on ebay. Still a little high for a used card but can't afford a new card just to Fold and Boinc on.

post #6 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsL View Post

Nice looking rig neurotix. thumb.gif I also like the Sapphire cards. I just picked up a R9 280x Toxic for 390 on ebay. Still a little high for a used card but can't afford a new card just to Fold and Boinc on.

Thanks good sir.

The 280X Toxic is pretty much what the Tri-X should've been. It has the light up yellow Sapphire logo and a backplate (I think). I don't know why the Tri-X 290 and 290X don't have these features too.

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Motherboard
GPU
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Keyboard
Keyboard
Mouse
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
GPU
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
Case
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
Keyboard
Audio
Other
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲

post #7 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
Man, what an evolution! Looking really nice now!

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

post #8 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 1 (Unique: 1)
Yes, big red has come a long way since 2010. I can't believe it's almost 4 years old!

From folding, gaming, and mining, this rig has done a lot. I think what's on neurotix's agenda now is that 290 that should hopefully stay lower than $600 (over 150 MSRP). Then he'll tweak a bit on the cosmetic side as he said with the meteor lights.

I used to use the motherboard on my Azza Blue computer. For some reason it died on us a month or two ago. Just haven't gotten around to getting a newer MB, but should hopefully after this month's mining.

Rep+ to Neuro. heart.gif

Pardon my newbness~ thumb.gif

post #9 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-11-2014, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Thanks guys.

Yeah, the ASUS M4A785TD-V Evo died while it was in Bridgypoo's rig. Not sure what killed it. It just wouldn't boot up 9/10 times, no POST. We swapped in a different mobo, problem fixed. It's too bad because it really was a good ATX board.

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Motherboard
GPU
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Keyboard
Keyboard
Mouse
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
GPU
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
Case
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
Keyboard
Audio
Other
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲

post #10 of 279 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
complaints > /dev/null

Update: my Logisys meteor light kit came in.

Additionally, I moved my front panel red LED fans from behind the front panel, to the rear of the drive cages.
Pics (Click to show)

Here you can see the fans in their new positions.

Here you can see the fans blowing directly on my Tri-X.

Moving the fans up lowered temps dramatically.
Mining at 1100/1500mhz +50mv, my temps before were 69C core, 77C VRM1, 960 khash/s. With the fans blowing directly across the Tri-X cooler, my mining temps are now 65C core, 72C VRM1. That means my VRM1 is 5 degrees cooler.

Temps while gaming have also decreased dramatically. For gaming I use a profile of 1200/1500mhz with +200mv (about 1.275v under load, using the Tri-X 290X bios). I've tried Skyrim in Eyefinity so far with quite a few mods, and the temps are on average 5C less. Runs about 60C most of the time.

I really like this meteor light kit, the LEDs are cool and light up my case more than the old cold cathode tube. It's fun to play with all the different options to make them flash by hitting the switch. I made a video of it.

Soon, my H100i will be back from RMA, I'll take some pictures of the inside of the case after I put it in.

Big Red 2020
(34 items)
Macintosh SE (1987)
(19 items)
CPU
Motherboard
GPU
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Hard Drive
WD Black 2TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 4TB
Hard Drive
WD Blue 6TB
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Lite-On DVD-RW
Power Supply
COOLERMASTER V1000
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Debian Linux 10
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Keyboard
Keyboard
Mouse
Mousepad
Corsair Polaris RGB
Audio
Logitech G230 red
Audio
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
Other
CPU
HuC6280 7.16MHz
Motherboard
NEC
GPU
GPU
RAM
8kB
Optical Drive
Case
Operating System
PC Engine BIOS
Monitor
Keyboard
Audio
Other
CPU
Motorola 68000 @ 7.8MHz
Motherboard
Macintosh SE logic board
Motherboard
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Power Supply
stock, 75W
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Operating System
Monitor
Keyboard
Mouse
Audio
Mono Speaker
Other
Other
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in