[Build Log] CaseLabs Panda (SMA8, 4930K, RIVE, GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition) - Page 14 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] CaseLabs Panda (SMA8, 4930K, RIVE, GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N Edition)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 01:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 399 (Unique: 201)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

For the lower chamber and top you can get the STH10 one, they are the same on those case, for flex bay there is the one specific for them.

thks Kimir. thumb.gif Getting ready to order. Another question. Above the top rad, with the normal top how much clearance is there? Would it be enough to install ultra slim (12 x 120 mm) fans? I known I could order the 39 mm top but I prefer the look of the normal top. I am also wondering if instead of a 560 mm on the bottom if I go with a 480 mm would be space enough for a small dvd drive in the flex bay on the bottom chamber...

cheers
post #133 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 02:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimir View Post

Low profile fan look possible, I couldn't measure the clearance with a ruler but did it with a post-it

sorry for the phone pics

I have a 480 and not a 560 on the lower chamber, I don't see a way to place a dvd drive in there, maybe on the top of the rad, could almost be flush to the plate between lower chamber and motherboard area.

yep, that´s exactly what I was thinking, above the rad and below the plate. Thks a lot.
post #135 of 139 (permalink) Old 08-23-2014, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter
uh oh.

Rep: 255 (Unique: 160)
Tiny update here, since I changed my CPU as I bought a the following one, I wanted to re-do my graphic cards cable management.
The proc (pictures from Dancop)
his bench screen! (Click to show)

I was indeed able to do Cinebench R11.5 at [email protected], but required a little more (like 1.31v) for Cinebench R15 or the rendering would crash in the middle. Of course that isn't Prime95 stable.
I got [email protected] Prime95 stable (the usual 20mins+) but with strap 100, might help with strap 125 and other tweaks here and there.
Sure thing, as soon as I change that rig for a new one, I'll look into LN2 to bench all those hardware that are begging for it (that CPU and the KPEs), I might soon get a chiller to all of that a little better...
But first, I'll make a ssd for bench, because yesterday, I spend my entire time updating windows and all the soft after I restored a backup image from May... I won't get into detail, but I had things screwed up that I couldn't fix, could have been because of the bsod I had, or not.

And the cable management, it was hard, but I managed to get all the cables through the little hole for that purpose.
Warning: images! (Click to show)

Now I have to close the hole the tube goes into after cutting the plate and get some black vinyl to cover the Bluray drive, yeah still haven't done that -_-'.

Also, I never shown that I think, my doors with noise insulation: Warning: Images! (Click to show)

post #136 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 04:54 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #138 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 04:43 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 8)
Amazing build! Love the color selection and parts. Slick build and hardcore performer. Total legitimacy!

-joe

A CaseLabs Mercury S8 + Ped Custom Build
Bioware's Dragon Age Tribute
Club Membership (Click to show)CPU History (Click to show)
Intel 486/SX (25/33MHz), Intel Pentium (60/66Mhz), AMD 586 (133MHz), Cyrix 6x86 (75MHz x2), AMD Athlon (500Mhz), AMD Athlon XP (1.3 GHz), AMD Athlon 64 FX (2.2GHz), Intel Core i7 950 (3.07/4.4GHz), Intel Core i7 4770K (3.5/4.7GHz)
My Current Rigs (Click to show)
Red Dragon - In Construction - CaseLabs S8 with Pedestal, i7-4770K, MSI MPower Z87, MSI GTX 980, Custom Water Cooling
MSI GT70 - Current All Purpose Laptop
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 - Active
Nappy 693 - Awaiting Rebuild - Stripped
Nappy Saber - Awaiting Rebuild - HAF XB, i7-950, ASUS Sabertooth X58, EVGA 460 GTX
post #139 of 139 (permalink) Old 07-06-2015, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter
uh oh.

Rep: 255 (Unique: 160)
Update over here.

Had leak of 90° adapters and the black koolance QDC being junk, I swapped them with silver ones.

I've been re doing the loop since I get home, took a few pics with the phone.

junk on the block thanks to the QDC... I didn't took pics of the graphic cards block, but it was less than that.

new black extender on the terminal and new silver QDC

New 90° adapters and silver QDC on the top 480mm rad, this time the male are hooked up to the rad and female on the tube (it was the opposite with the black, caused me some disaster since they were staying open)

New 90° adapters on VRM and CPU block

New 90° adapter and silver QDC on the pump and res

Again new QDC and 90° adapter on the 240 mm front rad.

Made some change on this area, it was really tight to get a QDC between the 480 and 360mm rad on the lower chamber, I don't recall taking any pics from how I did it the first time, but I did this one.
the tube from the 240 was going on the upper hole of the 480 and the lower hole was going to the QDC.This time, longer tube for the QDC, easier to remove.

And what it look like now, notice that I put half of the black QDC on the silver one, still don't know if I'm gonna put the whole silver to make bigger contrast.

Oh damn, those pictures are really ugly when looked full size on PC, ah those phone with 1080p on 5", can't see the real details.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in