Heatshrink Cutting Tool - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Heatshrink Cutting Tool

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
So, I was having issues cutting my HS perfectly, even using a tool like LutroO, it still required making the cut manually which leaves room for misses.

I found this cool guillotine-like tool on Amazon that is used for making precise cuts in model-making. I just need to add some stop block on right side for my sizes, but it cuts straight lines perfectly every time. And it uses cheap standard blades.

I would like to add adjustable stops on the right side. I think a merging of this and the one LutroO sells would be awesome. Wonder if the handle/blade assembly can be bought separately?

Anyways, thought you guys might be interested.

Its $30 on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006O5SHK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here are some pics of mine in use.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 AM
Missing friends

Rep: 700 (Unique: 431)
i love it, i was just looking for this, same type of thing, right before i found your thread i found the Chopper III

they also have the chopper and the chopper II

same thing, same ish price

but point is i was worried if it would work glad i have confirmation

http://makezine.com/magazine/cut-heatshrink-and-wire/

that also shows how to cut wire to length ~!

it shows the HS but not in close enough detail to tell me if it would look good enough if that makes sense ....

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 go_quote.gif

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-28-2014, 02:15 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 528 (Unique: 406)
This is a great tool, I am glad someone brought it up. I will have to get one to give it a try.

.-[Owner - Lutro0 Customs]-.
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner
[Project Log]:[ Elektron Mod

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2014, 08:04 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
That Chopper III looks really nice. The adjustable stops and jigs looks handy. If Id seen that I prob would have gone that route instead.

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Missing friends

Rep: 700 (Unique: 431)
i just got mine, looks easy to make but meh i have to admit i like it, and like even more i didnt have to make it,

i bought some metal adhesive measuring tapes ( metric ) both l>r and r>l

ill try to post up some pics and some dimensions as i could find NONE when i was looking but seriously impressed, for the price though i wish they would of given 2 sets opf stops, i dont think they are worth 5+shipping but i will be buying anyway :/ unless i can make something better

Rigbuilder and how to put it in your sig post-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gifpost-flame-small.gif budget components = budget resultsPearls before swine! (Click to show)
Quote:

Also rma wise, regardless of what vendor used it's always like getting a tooth pulled imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by szeged go_quote.gif

I facepalmed when trying to explain cpu and gpu overclocking to him after he got his 4930k. It was like teaching trigonometry to a rock.
Quote:

That's like wrapping your car around a pole then asking for warranty service.
Dont be hard on yourself, we all break stuff sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables go_quote.gif

I don't appreciate your judgment here. I am just stating facts. That's all I'm doing. If you are taking offense to it or something, then that's not my problem, so don't put it on me. Ok?...Good god man. You would know that if you would actually carefully read...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in