47. Side Panel Cleanup
Today I focused on cleaning up the window cutout and priming the other side of the bumpout side panel.
FIrst I clamped it down on the workbench and got to work cleaning up the rough edges that the hole saw and jigsaw left. Already nearly sliced myself good on that edge. No fun a'tall.
Once clamped, I could get to srs bzns.
First up was the dremel. There were some spots where the hole saw wallowed out a groove but didn't cut through, so I used the cutoff disk to clean those up. The metal was very thin there, so it went quickly but I had to be careful to keep the curve smooth. Then I used a grinding disk on all the edges to debur, and finished up with some course sandpaper to remove any remaining rough edges.
Now outside to do a bit of priming! I had to sand off some flash-rust spots from handling the raw steel for several weeks first.
Nothing too exciting there, but it's definitely starting to look nice.
I also took the opportunity to sand and prime the backside of the bumpout side panel. It's really starting to look nice, other than that bit of epoxy dribble that I can't get off unless I sand everything down to bare metal. That is some tough stuff.
Tomorrow I plan on priming the other side of the window side panel and playing around with the foam board some more. I have to order some supplies for the interior modding tonight, too.