[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 30 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure

post #291 of 577 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 12:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedone View Post

I think you shouldn't Park your cars in the living room. Lol

No but seriously making a pedestal out of the bottom case sounds like a decent idea, as long as you can keep the exterior plastic bits looking pretty.

hahaha that is not our livingroom, my father in law has a Opel showroom and i found a space in the back to make my mods there, if your interested in buying a new car let me know wink.gif

I still have to figure out how exactly im going to cut the bottom case so that it will actually look nice, amybe ill take the palstic off and put some metal sheet in front. Will see exactly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #293 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-01-2015, 10:02 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
This sounds like a fun club, I've been really looking into sleepers the past couple months and got my hands on a case that will be quite a challenge. Are any of you guys familiar with the Packard Bell A950-TWR? I'm planning on putting parts from my old rig into it, which includes an AMD 1090T x6 and a Windforce GTX 670 (would have been nicer to have a blower card but it will have to do.)
Also I am wanting to keep the outside as original as possible, the only modifications you should be able to see are the PCI slots not being standard for a computer like this and possibly a small cut above the power cord hole for the power supply toggle switch. I also want to cut the I/O off the original motherboard and throw it in the back so it isn't a gaping hole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

ATX mounting points marked

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #294 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 01:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo247 View Post

This sounds like a fun club, I've been really looking into sleepers the past couple months and got my hands on a case that will be quite a challenge. Are any of you guys familiar with the Packard Bell A950-TWR? ... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Wow, that's a wierd layout inside, is it for an ITX MB? What are you planning to do with it?

P.S. Welcome to OCN! thumb.gif
post #295 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 02:18 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo247 View Post

This sounds like a fun club, I've been really looking into sleepers the past couple months and got my hands on a case that will be quite a challenge. Are any of you guys familiar with the Packard Bell A950-TWR? I'm planning on putting parts from my old rig into it, which includes an AMD 1090T x6 and a Windforce GTX 670 (would have been nicer to have a blower card but it will have to do.)
Also I am wanting to keep the outside as original as possible, the only modifications you should be able to see are the PCI slots not being standard for a computer like this and possibly a small cut about the power cord hole for the power supply toggle switch. I also want to cut the I/O off the original motherboard and throw it in the back so it isn't a gaping hole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

The case looks killer as is, never seen such a case till now, can wait to see what you'll come up with biggrin.gif
post #296 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 03:07 PM
New to Overclock.net

post #297 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 04:36 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Wow, that's a wierd layout inside, is it for an ITX MB?

I feel like it is a proprietary design, here are a couple pictures of the original board without the riser. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #298 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 08:56 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

(in response to Gizmo247)

Wow, that's a wierd layout inside, is it for an ITX MB?

That case pre-dates ITX by a decade or two! Totally proprietary design. (I dig the unique skyscraper design of this case) The motherboard probably mounts on the floor of the case, but it would have used a riser card along the far side for the 5 card slots. Kewl- did you notice the "Made for Windows 95 sticker on the front bottom right? The original board might have had ISA slots instead of PCI!! PCI did come out about the time of the first Pentiums, but PB was never know for cutting edge technology.

Putting a small ITX board in the bottom might be the easiest solution. Love to see how it turns out. thumb.gif

post-flame-small.gifOCN 4 Life Clubpost-flame-small.gif

post-flame-small.gif*Official* Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 *Thread/Club*post-flame-small.gif
Gerry No matter where you go, there you are!
post #299 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:08 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel G View Post

That case pre-dates ITX by a decade or two! Totally proprietary design. (I dig the unique skyscraper design of this case) The motherboard probably mounts on the floor of the case, but it would have used a riser card along the far side for the 5 card slots. Kewl- did you notice the "Made for Windows 95 sticker on the front bottom right? The original board might have had ISA slots instead of PCI!! PCI did come out about the time of the first Pentiums, but PB was never know for cutting edge technology.

Putting a small ITX board in the bottom might be the easiest solution. Love to see how it turns out. thumb.gif

The riser does have 2 PCI slots on it. Also you can take the sides of the bottom off so you can put a full ATX board in the bottom, you don't get the I/O in the back, but it fits. I still haven't drilled the standoff holes though...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The board will be the other direction further on, need to connect the case wires.

post #300 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:40 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
So are you planning to use a PCIe extender to connect your graphics card to the motherboard?

Have you considered removing the middle horizontal platform and mount the motherboard vertically? You can then easily do a cutout for the IO panel. (Might have to remove most or all of the drive bays to fit your large motherboard!)

post-flame-small.gifOCN 4 Life Clubpost-flame-small.gif

post-flame-small.gif*Official* Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 *Thread/Club*post-flame-small.gif
Gerry No matter where you go, there you are!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in