[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 31 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure

post #301 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 10:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
I don't really want to remove the middle section plate, it makes the case more unique, also I would think that type of mod would be harder than what I already have planned. And ya I'm planning on riser cables, in the end I'll be using a PCIe and 2 PCI cables because I'm going to put a network card and a USB card in the back so I have I/O.

Also I just thought up the name for the build, the original computer was a A950-TWR, so I'm going to call it the Packard Bell A1090-T since I'm putting a 1090T in it, it just fits it so well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 09:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo247 View Post

I don't really want to remove the middle section plate, it makes the case more unique, also I would think that type of mod would be harder than what I already have planned. And ya I'm planning on riser cables, in the end I'll be using a PCIe and 2 PCI cables because I'm going to put a network card and a USB card in the back so I have I/O.

Also I just thought up the name for the build, the original computer was a A950-TWR, so I'm going to call it the Packard Bell A1090-T since I'm putting a 1090T in it, it just fits it so well.
That case is bizarre, I like it! biggrin.gif

You should open a worklog thread so we can all follow your Progress thumb.gif
post #303 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 06:41 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
Put a build log up, might start on removing the old standoffs and getting the front 140mm mount ready tomorrow.
https://www.overclock.net/t/1539503/build-log-packard-bell-a1090-t-sleeper

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 577 (permalink) Old 02-11-2015, 04:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 16)
I would like to invite all of you to check out a new club that ReaperN1and I created, the OCN 4 Life club https://www.overclock.net/t/1540681/ocn-4-life-club. We are looking to find mods where the OCN flame logo was used in and to bring them under one roof. If you have such a mod come check us out and join the club thumb.gif Also every body is welcomed to check us out biggrin.gif
post #305 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 11:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 29)
I thought I might share a little bit of work that's being done for an old BeigeMod case. I don't have the case yet but, it will more than likely be an old school case. The theme is StarCraft 2 Terrans. I'm building the case for a guy I know that is absolutely obsessed with StarCraft. I have started making a few of the parts for it and I added them below.

"wнy ғollow ѕoмeone elѕeѕ paтн, wнen yoυ can rυn ѕcreaмιng тнroυgн тнe woodѕ and мaĸe yoυr own."
-n1

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question then a foolish man can from a wise answer."
-BL

ᗷᑌIᒪᗪᔕ ↴Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #306 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:01 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 29)
I still haven't played SC2 and have really no idea about it, but that Looks sick. Craftsmanship is top-notch thumb.gif
post #307 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:32 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 42 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

I still haven't played SC2 and have really no idea about it, but that Looks sick. Craftsmanship is top-notch thumb.gif

Thanks buddy. I took my time to make sure that they came out nice and clean. Using about 8 or so different grades of sandpaper to polish it to perfection. Some of them will be back lit to get the correct effect.

"wнy ғollow ѕoмeone elѕeѕ paтн, wнen yoυ can rυn ѕcreaмιng тнroυgн тнe woodѕ and мaĸe yoυr own."
-n1

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question then a foolish man can from a wise answer."
-BL

ᗷᑌIᒪᗪᔕ ↴Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #308 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 11:34 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 77 (Unique: 55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Exactly this. I'll be looking forward to seeing this one.

Quote:
The best thing about UDP jokes is that I don't care whether you get them or not.
post #309 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 04:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 10)
Just wanted to say I love this thread! Also thanks for the scrap recycle bin recomendation. Took a load of old cases to my local bin and I (unfortunately) didn't find any sweet beige cases to frig with. What i did find was a common acer comp with a good c2d e7300, 2x2G ddr2 800 (for my daughter's rig), dvd burner (for my friend), and a third wd blue 500gb for my raid array. One random comp i picked up smile.gif. So happy lol!

post #310 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 05:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 21 (Unique: 16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukem View Post

Just wanted to say I love this thread! Also thanks for the scrap recycle bin recomendation. Took a load of old cases to my local bin and I (unfortunately) didn't find any sweet beige cases to frig with. What i did find was a common acer comp with a good c2d e7300, 2x2G ddr2 800 (for my daughter's rig), dvd burner (for my friend), and a third wd blue 500gb for my raid array. One random comp i picked up smile.gif. So happy lol!

I also love this thread, so many great mods and ideas and that inspired me two months ago to start my own beigemodd smile.gif you can check it out if you like wink.gif https://www.overclock.net/t/1536880/build-log-raised-from-the-dead

speaking of great clubs come check us out at OCN 4 life club , that for all people who love OCN like we do biggrin.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in