[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 34 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure

post #331 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 22)
Wow I had some catching up to do!

If you are quoted here, it's because I just added you to Post #1 Members List. If you've recently posted and aren't on there, drop me a PM and I'll make sure you get in the mix. Feel free to add our club to your sig line.

Mod on, oh Beige Ones. Mod on.

-Jhereg10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo247 View Post

This sounds like a fun club, I've been really looking into sleepers the past couple months and got my hands on a case that will be quite a challenge. Are any of you guys familiar with the Packard Bell A950-TWR? I'm planning on putting parts from my old rig into it, which includes an AMD 1090T x6 and a Windforce GTX 670 (would have been nicer to have a blower card but it will have to do.)

Also I am wanting to keep the outside as original as possible, the only modifications you should be able to see are the PCI slots not being standard for a computer like this and possibly a small cut above the power cord hole for the power supply toggle switch. I also want to cut the I/O off the original motherboard and throw it in the back so it isn't a gaping hole. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

ATX mounting points marked

That is just an awesome case. You are in and added to the list of members in Post 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radnad View Post

Currently have a beigemod in progress, will post when complete. Who says dinosaurs are extinct!

And added as well. Please let us know as soon as you post a mod log!
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorludgate View Post

@Jhereg10
May I join the club? My build log is here:
[COMPETITION] Beige Case Modding Competition
started on 03/19/15 last post 01/24/17 at 9:28pm 208 replies 13766 views

Totally in! Added to Post 1 members list. That is gonna be EPIC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerg4 View Post

I'd like to join too if I'm not already a member! biggrin.gif
Still getting use to this site...
My build log is here:

Thanks! thumb.gif

You are now in! I've added your name to post #1. If you want, add our club signature to your signature line. Awesome start!
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-PREDATOR View Post

@Jhereg10

Can I join?? Link In Sig project is still in the works not done yet:thumb:

And you're in too! Added to post #1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post

Add me. I have been refurbishing old systems for years. (Project NeeNeetoys) and want to get back into it. I am disabled but will still try to build a few more. I just purchased a Dell 790 with the i3 H2 chip and plan on shucking the sff case. I build most my rigs for folding and sell them to upgrade when I can. I do it on a budget and know how to make eye candy out of nothing. smile.gif

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Fold on.....

P.S. Sorry for any typos...I have R.A, stage 3-4 fingers and hands are fudged up. tongue.gif

Looked at your old build log Neenee's Toy and added you. Mod on, good sir.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 577 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 AM
Retired/disabled.

Rep: 84 (Unique: 69)
Thanks for the add. I will try to get started on 3-4 cases I have setting around. I am an old school vet 1984-1987 and disabled Rheumatoid Arthritis and my hands and feet limit me to my movements...but I still try to have some small fun.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Fold on.....

post #333 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-10-2015, 04:49 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 13 (Unique: 8)
hey guys, finally getting started on my beige case build. this thread has been super inspiring. hopefully i can do the same

Build Log
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Here's what I'm currently working on: Project Edith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-15-2015, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoostrC0gburn View Post

hey guys, finally getting started on my beige case build. this thread has been super inspiring. hopefully i can do the same

Build Log
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Yeah baby! Rock on!
post #335 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 02:54 PM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 61 (Unique: 53)
small update guys please drop in on my thread,,i would love to get some more feet-back in there....thumb.gif
post #336 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 06:30 AM
Is he still around?!

Rep: 206 (Unique: 143)
I think thread needs a BUMMMMP!

Syrillian: "Watch out World... here I come (rawwwr?)"
The life and continuance of Syrillian's Silentium: Repo and Syrillian's Silentium

The Rest of My Work -- Vapor Locked // Sanguineus Cinis Cineris // Hinges for Syrillian's Silentium // Project: Phoenix // Flip this Tower
Case Mod Comp '09 Intermediate Winner:
Chlokwork Orange

post #337 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 02:51 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
more please! my machine spawned another beigebox and a few parts changed in my main too, no awesome exterior mods like you guys though.

-edit- added: Heedehcheenuh your home server rigs' processor is a C2Q. hope your fingers are all good and can't wait to see the cases smile.gif

OCN Beigemodders Club
post #338 of 577 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 06:11 PM
Retired/disabled.

Rep: 84 (Unique: 69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangelybrown View Post

more please! my machine spawned another beigebox and a few parts changed in my main too, no awesome exterior mods like you guys though.

-edit- added: Heedehcheenuh your home server rigs' processor is a C2Q. hope your fingers are all good and can't wait to see the cases smile.gif

I am trying to figure out what case I want to work with. My brother brought me a few last month so I am ready. I d have a plan just need to figure out what case to set in motion.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Fold on.....

post #339 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 02:39 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heedehcheenuh View Post

I am trying to figure out what case I want to work with. My brother brought me a few last month so I am ready. I d have a plan just need to figure out what case to set in motion.

Heedehcheenuh
Chuck D
Fold on.....
Sweet, if you put up some pictures of the cases, we can help you decide which one would be best. smile.gif
Can't wait to see another beigemod! thumb.gif
post #340 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 12:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Thanks jhereg10 for finding my thread in the depths of reddit and introducing me to my brethren.

heres my post

So im at my buddys (who works in it support) and im going through his recycle pile trying to find a couple of old boxes i can fix up for a couple of pc needy relatives of mine when i stumble upon this behemoth. it shines in all its late 90s server glory tape drives and all. ive been planning on doing a few upgrades to my current system and i really want to make something out of this beast. it measures 24.5 tall 15.5 long and 7.5 wide. i like the industrial look. so i wont be going super polished. im really leaning towards a rusty hulk look. im thinking of ditching the front panel for a new one made of steel with a vandal button. Maybe cutting a window and either filling the space with grating of some sort or just really dingy scratched and faux dirty acrylic

I feel im pretty handy I have rebuilt cars, do all my own home repairs and i have alot of the tools & or access to most of the stuff i will need for the build.

Im planning on transplanting most of the parts from my current set up (about a yr + old) into this box.

Right now i have
AMD 8150
16 gb crucial Ballistix ram
160 gb ssd
7650 xfx video card
and a 1 tb wdcaviar blk hd
an asus m5a99x MB
CM hyper evo cooler
Antec HCG-900 900W power supply

its a middle of the ground system and the only real improvement i was gonna do was replace the video card
realistically i have a 600$ budget for this and that include the video card

Id love any input hardware wise as well if you guys belive i could get some better performance

as far as the mod goes this beast has room for 2 computers
the MB tray swings out and is at/atx compatable so my mb should fit

i know cooling will be an issue i was thinking of maybe some sort of water cooled system i hate to get an enclosed system but i cant afford to go full retard on the watercooling

anyways enough talking here are the pics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in