[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 43 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure

post #421 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 01:32 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
I got mine from the local garbage tip, offer the attendant $10 and they will most likely give you one thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #422 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 07:10 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
I talked to my mom and she said they had abunch at her work in the basment awhile ago and she said she will try to get one for me if she can find em wheee.gif

post #423 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:07 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 14 (Unique: 12)
If that doesn't work out Doge, I have the same Dell 4100 case that I could ship to you, with or without the motherboard/power supply! Don't know how much you'd have to pay to have it shipped to Classified! smile.giftongue.gif

post-flame-small.gifOCN 4 Life Clubpost-flame-small.gif

post-flame-small.gif*Official* Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 *Thread/Club*post-flame-small.gif
Gerry No matter where you go, there you are!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #424 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-05-2016, 10:58 AM
New to Overclock.net

Classified = NY yessir.gif
Thanks for the offer ill see what i can get from my moms office but if that falls through that dell would be nice wheee.gif

post #425 of 577 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 10:48 AM
AMD s939 LVL 99+

Rep: 106 (Unique: 88)
OK GUYS! It's about that time! That old Antec case I was posting some 3 pages ago... bout time to start modding this thing!

https://www.overclock.net/t/1497578/ocn-beigemodders-club-from-trash-to-treasure/390#post_24883004

So, all-in-all, I think I learned A LOT from my original Beigemod 'The Lean Mean Green Machine', and I'm honestly not wanting to do all the painting. Not with cans from a store anyway... I work in the automotive industry, and have access to a paint shop that could hit anything metal in this case with any type of black I want. Flat black, powdercoat, charcoal powdercoat, etc etc. I MAY have to paint plastic parts myself, but with this ole girl, THERES NOT MUCH PLASTIC, LOL

I'm thinking flat black inside case, and powder outside, for a two-tone Black feel. BUT, the front panel is all plastic, so I would have to go another route for it. Kind of thinking to go with a color for the front panel since ill have to paint it myself. Not sure yet...

ALSO, through work I have access to a professional glass etcher (a person and their side business) that will work on plexi and acrylics just fine. So a nice etched side panel it is! OH, what do I etch on it!!!!??!?!!?!

So as you can see, I'm starting to think of what I am going to do for this beigemod.

ALSO, I think I'm planning on making this my main rig, and get rid of this Banchetto 101 tech station. Water cooling gonna go too. It was fun, but not worth it.

Personal best - 11,811 in 3DMark06 on 01/16/2016 socket 939 baby!

Proud elite member of the Socket 939 Appreciation Club.

biggrin.gif OCN Retro - The Overclock.net Retrogaming Club biggrin.gif
post #426 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 22)
post #427 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 02:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Hi!

I have a case from a Dell Optiplex GX240 which has a dead motherboard that I've had sitting around my house for a while and I now want gone.
I originally got this from one of my clients who didn't want it and since then I salvaged out all of the usable parts, leaving the case.
I have no use for this case and will take it to the recycler soon, but I figured that I'd post it here to see if there's any interest in it first since it's a bit of an oddball case that hinges open.
c5W4Yny.jpg
h8Y1Zvg.jpg
iQRiKM0.png
gN8D2OO.png

Included is the case itself (of course), the dead motherboard, the cables that allow the mobo to interface with the front panel (in case you need to modify them to get them to work with your build), the included video card since the mobo had no onboard graphics, and the green tool-less slides that Dell often used (if you want to go that route).
The case is admittedly a bit grungy since it had been sitting in a shed for several months (at least) but it would be cleaned before modding anyway so that's not a big issue.
I'm willing to let this go to anyone in the lower 48 states for the cost of shipping, if you're interested and have PayPal. Since it's pre-stripped it's much lighter than it would be otherwise so shipping shouldn't be too bad, depending on distance. Please PM me if you'd like it.
Otherwise I'll probably just take it down to the recycler in about a week or so.

Thanks!
Edit- This case is now gone! Thanks for your interest!
post #428 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 04:14 PM
New to Overclock.net

I have the small form factor gx270 its got a beastly lil pentium 4

post #429 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-08-2016, 07:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 241 (Unique: 201)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogeTactical View Post

I have the small form factor gx270 its got a beastly lil pentium 4

I used to have one too, i really really wished that I could do something with it, but it would've been more trouble than it was worth, plus getting a PSU that could work with a regular matx or itx board.
post #430 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 84 (Unique: 78)
Joining the Beigemodder's Club! thumb.gif
Took an old Asus Terminator case and chopped it all up. Goal was to make the smallest possible case for an mATX motherboard I got, while still being able to get a decent graphics card in there. The end result: 230mm x 180 mm x 250 mm, with a volume of 10.35 L (for reference, a NCASE M1 is 12.6 L and that's for a mITX motherboard)

From this:

To this:

Compared to my Fractal Define S:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in