[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure - Page 5 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Official] OCN Beigemodders Club - From Trash to Treasure

post #41 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 01:39 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 30 (Unique: 22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamberGamer View Post

this is mine smile.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

As it stands now, I have to agree with Bruce (and with your sig wink.gif ) that this is pretty much a ghetto-mod as it stands currently.

Any way we can see some "before" photos to understand how much work you've done on that case? Is it a work in progress or is it pretty much staying like this for a while? What do you have in mind for it? I think with some additional work and beautification, it could become an honorary beigemod or a budget mod that we'd be interested in.

EDIT: The more I look at the features of that case, the undersized exhaust fan grill and the 5.25 drive cage, the more convinced I am that the original case meets our criteria. I'd just need some confirmation that you're going to "finish out" the case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:15 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhereg10 View Post

As it stands now, I have to agree with Bruce (and with your sig wink.gif ) that this is pretty much a ghetto-mod as it stands currently.

Any way we can see some "before" photos to understand how much work you've done on that case? Is it a work in progress or is it pretty much staying like this for a while? What do you have in mind for it? I think with some additional work and beautification, it could become an honorary beigemod or a budget mod that we'd be interested in.

EDIT: The more I look at the features of that case, the undersized exhaust fan grill and the 5.25 drive cage, the more convinced I am that the original case meets our criteria. I'd just need some confirmation that you're going to "finish out" the case.

i dont what i will do in future. with enough time and $$ i will make a beauty in the beast.. smile.gif .. well for now.. its as its..
post #43 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:23 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 35 (Unique: 29)
Quote:

i dont what i will do in future. with enough time and $$ i will make a beauty in the beast.. smile.gif .. well for now.. its as its..
Ok, so we'll call it a work in progress wink.gif
When you're ready to make it awesome-er you can always ask us for advice! thumb.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:24 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

Ok, so we'll call it a work in progress wink.gif
When you're ready to make it awesome-er you can always ask us for advice! thumb.gif

i will do just that biggrin.gif thank you..
post #45 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #46 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 03:00 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

I do want to repeat my previous question. Do you perhaps have some earlier photos of the case? How it looked earlier on?

here its.. not in perfect condition though. i only take picture after i take out the cover... rolleyes.gif

post #47 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 03:30 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
Quote:

New buttons!

Also could you strip it down a bit more so we can see how it's put together?

As requested...

There's on average 10mm space between the MB tray and side panel. I might have to remove the reinforcement ribs on the panel.

If I'm going to put a window in it I need to take out that metal.

I'm off to the hardware store now to pickup some stuff. Then I'll come back and start a log.

Current build logs (On Hold)

Current Case Mods
None
post #48 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 05:37 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 3 (Unique: 3)
I did it, I started!!! wheee.gif

Here is the link!
https://www.overclock.net/t/1499051/case-mod-ancient-evolution

Current build logs (On Hold)

Current Case Mods
None
post #49 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

here its.. not in perfect condition though. i only take picture after i take out the cover... rolleyes.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Okay, yeah I see now some of the changes you made:

• Removed 3.5" drive cage to fit radiator
  • Removed several interior braces
  • Painted interior
  • Moved power and reset to top of case (?)
  • Added water cooling setup to side of 5.25" drive cage.
  • Cut fan hole for PSU at the top
Anything else?

And yes, based on how that case started, and the work you have done so far, I think that's a legit work in progress.

What tools do you have available for modding? If you plan on leaving the reservoir and pump there, you have a couple of options to be able to put the side-panel back on. You could cut a window large enough for those to fit through, or you could make a "bumpout" out of metal or something to cover it.

Welcome to the group!

You should start a mod log, post those pictures in chronological order, describe briefly what you have done so far, and what you plan to do. I'd be very interested in following your progress. redface.gif
post #50 of 577 (permalink) Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:

Okay, yeah I see now some of the changes you made:

• Removed 3.5" drive cage to fit radiator
  • Removed several interior braces
  • Painted interior
  • Moved power and reset to top of case (?)
  • Added water cooling setup to side of 5.25" drive cage.
  • Cut fan hole for PSU at the top
Anything else?

And yes, based on how that case started, and the work you have done so far, I think that's a legit work in progress.

What tools do you have available for modding? If you plan on leaving the reservoir and pump there, you have a couple of options to be able to put the side-panel back on. You could cut a window large enough for those to fit through, or you could make a "bumpout" out of metal or something to cover it.

Welcome to the group!

You should start a mod log, post those pictures in chronological order, describe briefly what you have done so far, and what you plan to do. I'd be very interested in following your progress. redface.gif

thank you..1 more will be custom power and reset switch at the top of the casing. i like the hardcore look. haha. yeah i will do that. maybe i will find new fresh case and do 1 more like this and i will plan better and more organize thumb.gif

i have grinder and drill.. for my work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in