Urban Splash | C O M P A C T - S P L A S H - 0 3 9 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Urban Splash | C O M P A C T - S P L A S H - 0 3 9

post #1 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Location: Chittagong/Dhaka , Bangladesh + born in Dubai , U.A.E
Rep: 48 (Unique: 30)

P e r s p e c t i v e :
In today's world, alot of us will appreciate the need for calling something ones own, where customization and limited editions(and the degree thereof) are a way to set ourselves apart from the rest of the crowd. Be it psychologically or physically, we have grown to appreciate the need for customizing our habitable space and in doing so we have in some manner or form have helped the tech industry (and other corporations) to provide us with the means to allow us to enjoy a larger, more expansive, space which was once thought to be cramped quarters.

As someone who has an avid fascination towards workmanship and ofc things that can make a space more efficient and as an architect with a busy life, I couldn't help but take note of how nimble Compact Splash was.

The build log is dubbed Urban Splash...
Quote:
urban
[ur-buh n]
adjective
of, pertaining to, or designating a city or town.
living in a city.
characteristic of or accustomed to cities;
citified:
He is an urban type.
courtesy of dictionary.com

where the case, is more at home in an urban, more compact, environment and can address a good amount of watercooling hardware...two aspects I'm enthusiastic about.

In essence this will be a build where I hope to showcase my abilities, my setup and my passion towards building systems and their environments as a whole. I thought about keeping this build log as simple as possible but then after a few days of tinkering I wondered,
Quote:
Where's the joy in doing that?!

Origins:
Since 2011 I have been investing in the thought of building a micro atx watercooled system to downsize from my already seeming titanic AMS build and when I came across news of Compact Splash, I knew I had to have it!

Oddly enough my direction was swayed when I stumbled upon a MOTM voting page where I was dead set on voting for a Fractal Core (something) build until I took notice of what looked like a cuboidal generator looking thingy among its competitors. I did end up voting for the Fractal case but the latter won the MOTM prize by a good margin. I eventually directed myself to the cubes build log after noticing a copper XSPC Raystorm block peeking from the innards. Being amazed would be an understatement entirely! Fast forward a couple of months...and here I am with 4 units under my banner where 2 of them are going to find a new home when their owners decide its the right time to make component purchases.

There was a couple of back and forth with the cases production but the brainchild behind the case and project in its entirety came through and to this date holds the smallest case that can hold a powerful system and accepts more than 240mm of radiator space in said brainchilds portfolio. Joshua Sniffen is amazing with air cooled compact systems but watercooling one is a whole new level. Kudos to the designer smile.gif

Special mention:
@She loved E for deciding to batch production runs for the whole world to get a piece of the action! For putting up with my constant dilemma's and ofc for being patient when I had some issues of my own - Thanks buddy!

@riah07 for providing an extra pair of hands for meeting the shipment deadlines and ofc for doing a wonderful job assembly and packaging wise.

@golfergolfer for passing on the rites of the Brotherhood thread to me and for being an awesome fella to work with during some of the collaborative design and structural ideas of the thread. If its any indication I borrowed some ideas from your build log in memory of you biggrin.gif You are surely missed mate!

@WiSK for being the second person to be of great help to the thread and the forums in general! He is also the mad scientist in the Brotherhood and the person to go to for suggestions on SFX sleeving. Good stuff! smile.gif

@Dwood for helping She Loved E realize his conception of a watercooled SFF unit and the first 20~ units of Splash. Wherever you are, you know you have a good number of followers wishing your good health! I'm one of them.

@kennah for infecting my mind with the drive to go for a Limited Edition Build promptly after he snagged the Muskoka Night Tubing on Dazmode's site alongside a Limited Editon EK Block with Canadian Insignia. Worth checking out IMO.

@Xaero252 for providing support on the packaging front. If it were not for the packing peanuts, paper and extra bubble wrap layer, my case would've been a crumpled beverage can by the time it reached my ports so forget what the final product would look like if it reached my doorstep.

@Hanoverfist for helping me out behind the scenes with the paint department. The guy has an eye for quality painters workmanship. I'd invest some time into his build logs and his paint skillz if I were you. thumb.gif

Mark @ FrozenCPU for holding back one of the EK RH Gold Blocks at my request in spite of living a few hundred miles away. I'd be sure to knock on their doors next time around if there are any Limited Edition stuff to snag.

@ everyone else on the Brotherhood alongside their build logs and the forums for helping out with info, inspirational media and the support that has culminated on this build log!
grouphug.gifthumb.gif

I n i t i a t i v e :
As with all build logs, this one will showcase the growth of a system from its early stages and to add to that, I'm also designing a desk that will complement the case, my room and layout as well as my mindset on work as I don't like a cluttered workspace. I think better in open & efficient areas.

I opted for a pair of unfinished cases since I wanted a custom paint job done 'State-side however when the prices were far beyond my reach I thought I could try my hand at painting the case and include that into my resume biggrin.gif I will also attempt at making this a limited edition build(log) as that would be fitting for a limited edition case smile.gif as only 4 of 105 cases are in my country so I think that is something worth bragging about...but I'm not bragging.

So far things are looking good... and without further ado, lets get cracking!

Oh and welcome to Project Urban Splash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #3 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

I t i n e r a r y :

C a s e - S p e c s :
- Case No: 039- Color: **UNFINISHED**
- Side Panel: Black Smoked Acrylic
- Side Panel 2: Unfinished Steel
- Side Panel 3: Frosted Clear Acrylic
- Power Switch: Stainless / White LED
- Front I/O : 2x USB 3.0 & HD Audio Front Ports
- Radiator Screws: SAE 6-32- Fillport: Yes- Drainport: Yes
- Name Plate: LUTFI JC- Custom Work: Nameplate fabbed using modified squared display

H a r d w a r e :
C o m p o n e n t s :
- CPU: Intel i7-4770K
- Motherboard: EVGA Z97 Stinger Core3D, P/N: 111-HR-E972-KR
- Ram:
- SSD:
- Storage: 2.5" 1TB WD Blue, WD10JPVX
- GPU:
- PSU:
- Keyboard:
- Mouse: Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Gaming Mouse by Razer- Mousepad:
- Controller: Razer Onza Tournament Edition
- Speakers: Creative Cambridge Soundworks FPS1000
- Monitors: 1x hp LA2306x (portrait) + 1x Dell U2311H (landscape)
- Monitor Mounts: Peerless PA730 Articulating Wall Mount + Level Mount DC37LP

W a t e r c o o l i n g :
- CPU block: EK Supremacy Red Harbinger Limited Edition Gold Block # 39/51
- GPU block:
- Fittings:
- Adapters:
- Fillport:
- Drainport:
- Tubing:
- Radiator:
- Reservoir:
- Pump:
- Fans:

C u s t o m - W o r k :
- Paint Job & Racing Stripe w/ xxxx Paint
- Graffiti artwork on Side Panel
- Gold Plated Anti-Vandal Switch with White Ring LED
- Custom Length & Sleeved Wires
- HDD Activity LED Mount
- Internal LED Lighting

P r o g r e s s i o n :
H u m b l e - B e g i n n i n g s - 08/12/2014
' S p l a s h D e s k - T a k e s - S h a p e - 08/13/2014
' S p l a s h D e s k + C o z y W o r k s p a c e - C o m p l e t e - 08/14/2014
W e l c o m e - To - T h e - B l o c k - 08/15/2014
G u t e n - T a g - 08/16/2014
K o l o r s + E K - F a c e b o o k - A p p e a r a n c e - 08/17/2014
T h y - R e b e l - G e a r - 08/18/2014
T h e - C a s e s - H a v e - L a n d e d - 08/19/2014
P a s s i n g - O f - A - T i t a n - 07/26/2016
S t i n g e r - I n b o u n d - 07/27/2016
' S p l a s h - P r i m e d - 08/01/2016

This is just some random text - blue de la bleh de la blue blah bleh - to keep the foot of this edited post away from the content above.

Last edited by Lutfij; 06-06-2019 at 07:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

post #5 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:08 AM
8.2 liters

Rep: 553 (Unique: 361)
post #6 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

WiSK, my man! erm brudda! Nice seeing ya here...I was just about to announce this on the Brotherhood smile.gif I think I should celebrate for finally getting off my bum and working out the nerves for this build log drum.gif

I'll hopefully proceed with uploading some images to wet the taste buds biggrin.gif in a few hours time...
post #7 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 17 (Unique: 11)
Moar pics!!!

post #8 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Haha, welcome mate! I need to add you to the special mention section, you were part of the drive to go for a limited edition build smile.gif
I'm kind of tired right now but will update build log with pics, asap! I promise!

Stay tuned

P.S: who was it that helped out in the packaging idea department? I can't locate the special mention SLE made on his artisan page since its down.
post #9 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Case ***der

Rep: 452 (Unique: 305)
post #10 of 128 (permalink) Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 29 (Unique: 26)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in