Soundless Devil - Page 3 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Soundless Devil

post #21 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 04:18 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 4 (Unique: 4)
What's with the wire mess in the case? And some strange writing style, but I enjoyed reading smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 519 (Unique: 255)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwamotto Tetsuz View Post

Finally figured that once you overheat and kill your cpu your motherboard dies with it since the transistors at the back equals to the temp of cpu (touch the back of your GPU core same temps)

This is a good example, of why i always say to various people here that putting too much stress to a board or the very high socket temp in my Asrock 970 extreme3 isn't healthy. I regularly hear the argument "well, mine works fine!". Sure, but time comes when on someone else, decides to blow up! Each component has limits. Pushing to the limit, risks catastrophic failure.

Ryzen 2600 - MSI B450 Gaming Plus - 16GB Corsair 3000Mhz C15 - GTX 750Ti
post #23 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 76 (Unique: 52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

This is a good example, of why i always say to various people here that putting too much stress or the very high socket temp in my Asrock 970 extreme3 isn't healthy. I regularly hear the argument "well, mine works fine!". Sure, but time comes when on someone else, decides to blow up!
It normally wouldn't die unless your core temp on CPU is high enough to die over 80C and the motherboard chips on the back of the socket can be the same temp equal to cpu core, so I don't think a running machine can die unless your cpu over heats and die
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAMM0 View Post

What's with the wire mess in the case? And some strange writing style, but I enjoyed reading smile.gif
Thats just installing and rolling cable management dosen't matter as long as your wireing is good and you have good short circuit protection ETC, you don't wanna waste 30mins just for some management you wanna roLL

Overcloking is about the passion, not about how much you clock
Overclocking is not about the pefromance gains, it is about the passion
Overclocking is about the Fun, Enjoyment and Passion

Pushing Voltages And Lower Tempertures Makes You The Overclocking Champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwamotto Tetsuz View Post

It normally wouldn't die unless your core temp on CPU is high enough to die over 80C and the motherboard chips on the back of the socket can be the same temp equal to cpu core, so I don't think a running machine can die unless your cpu over heats and die

With the Asrock, the CPU socket overheats much faster than the core. And so, you can never know... Components aren't immortal. They have breaking points. So, you never know... One must use each thing according to its limits. The better the board, the more the abuse it can take.

Sorry for your loss.

post #25 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:32 AM
Linux Lobbyist

lachen.giflachen.gif
post #26 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undervolter View Post

With the Asrock, the CPU socket overheats much faster than the core. And so, you can never know... Components aren't immortal. They have breaking points. So, you never know... One must use each thing according to its limits. The better the board, the more the abuse it can take.

Sorry for your loss.
Well I reckon dosen't really make a diffrence in dieing or not, I think the biggest diffrence is to not over heat your core since CPU dies Mobo Dies with it In over heating and running it under 80C even if your CPU can take 95C without dieing or errors since intel can run over 100C and GPUS can keeping it under 80C will make it have a longer life span and have higher clocks (x300 + fan vs no fan 100C+ overclocking has around 50MHZ increace in core capibility just with cooling no voltage involved)

post #27 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 01:25 PM
New to Overclock.net

It's not always that when CPU dies, the motherboard dies, but i guess it can happen. Usually the opposite happens. If the motherboard dies, especially with a mosfet failure, excessive current passes to the CPU and the CPU is fried. But this doesn't always happen either.

At any case, all electronic components have a MTBF. I was still a teenager when i was reading in computer magazines the old motto "for 10C of heat reduction, hardware doubles its life". This is a page i took at random from a PSU and it's rated at 25C. It is interesting to see that even the most lowly part has a MTBF at a certain temperature. When these are forced to operate in higher temperature, their MTBF changes for the worse. So, there is one breaking point in absolute limits (a sudden spike too high) and there is another breaking point, often ignored, which is slow, but inevitable in time and also suffers from higher temperatures. Even the PCB itself, has a MTBF... This is what i mean by not stressing something to its limits. That something can survive for brief periods of time a certain temperature, doesn't mean it will always survive it. On the contrary, it means, it will shorten its lifespan over time. It's like with capacitors. Capacitors are usually rated for 105C. If you operate them at 85C, it doesn't mean they will never fail. It just means they won't fail so soon as in 105C.

post #28 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-03-2014, 02:16 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Your gonna see some action soon and the parts only cost about 62$ 3 radators 15fitings 15clamps 1 brushless pump and 1 water flow meter +5 ball bearing fans

Always roll with a file then sand paper or it will take forever and it will not be flat

post #29 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Some action

post #30 of 781 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 09:28 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 15)
you dont need all them rads as its a waste as you will not gain lower temps, use better tim, better fans, or just stick the pc outside the door and let it collect the cold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i5 4690k @4.7ghz, r9 290 @1200/1600, 850 evo 500gb, full custom loop
steam jamie1989
origin jamiehard1989

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

devil-smiley-019.gif| OFFICIAL AMD FX-83xx Vishera Owners Club | devil-smiley-019.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in