Soundless Devil - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Soundless Devil

post #1 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 74 (Unique: 50)
As seen in thread title I built this custom loop just for Over Clocking, it was first planned to run on a car raidator but then coulding figure a way for fittings so switched to 3x 240MM radators
The name 240 3X11X is number count of radators + size and number count of the number on fans hooked onto the radator in total which is 11 fans
As seen in video this machine is soundless>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF_13IZ5MCI

I use this computer for entertianment and I was addicted to overclocking since i first stareted to oc when I was 13 years old (on a e5400 Intel 2 core)
Its on a fx4300, 5x hdd raid0 at 929MB/s max read speed and write speed tops out at 910mb/s max 64kb stripe size, 1tb hdd each limited to 2tb in total since windows dosen't install on a larger than 2tb hdd,
2x hd7850 radeon 2gb+ 28GB RAm warter chilled 2x 2400MHZ 8gb, 1x 1866 8gb, 1x 1600 4GB, water flow meter and water temp meter, coolant mixtrue about 2-5% anti freeze + 95-98% tap water, 2x brushless pumps and fans are externally powered with a seprate voltage controler for pumps, and a sperate for fans.
Pumps and fans run on lowest possible voltage settings, fans are 700RPM max and pumps are bascally soundless, making it feel like its not even powered on when you walk past cause its so silent excatllty like soundless only thing you can hear is hdd sound, and a little bit of vibrations because of hdd and fans

Older posts on this machine
https://www.overclock.net/t/1508015/help-3x240mm-raidator-2xpumps-fx4300-oc-1-6v-very-high-temps
https://www.overclock.net/t/1521005/how-can-i-crash-a-am3-mother-board-wihout-any-cpu-that-goes
https://www.overclock.net/t/1500196/300fsb-fx-4300-back-and-rollin-at-4-2ghz-3900ht-2700nb-2000ram/170#post_23056955
https://www.overclock.net/t/1520926/the-top-10-highest-ghz-last-12-months-fx-4300-5-328ghz-1-68v#post_23056959
https://www.overclock.net/t/1498668/fx-4300-oc-5-1ghz-on-water-fully-stable
Yes 5.1GHZ it was only stable for about 15-30 mins on mem test full load cpu core and i was fed up with the stability so clocked it down to a stable 4.8GHZ on hours of occt stress thumb.gif
When build first started
https://www.overclock.net/t/1524258/has-it-been-settled-how-to-apply-tim/40#post_23151985
Used the 3X11X cooling loop version and done some testing on applying heat sink grease

The dude in the back ground thats my dad and he was there to give me extra help. since i don't see it possible doing the loop by one dude after i had made this build

Finished build and waiting for a shipping of a old am3 cpu so i can boot up my 990fxa gd80 and update bios back to am3+ and swap the gigabyte for msi, and getting another 5x 12mm ball bearing fans and some fittings and another waterflow meter (dumping the resivior and hoking the pipes straight on to water flow meter and hoking the water temp meter back on) (The reason for dumping resivior that it provides no cooling property just holds water, and cooling down 10ML of water is much faster than cooling down 100ML of water same in the loop, if you have 1l of water in total taking of 200ML the resivior means that you only have 800ML of water meaning cooling down 20%faster on the other hand having more water takes longer for water to heat up and longer to cool down 800ML of 36C water and 1L 36C water cooling down you have 20% more hot substances in the 1L loop 20% longer cool down time)
and adding on another 240MM radator, not getting better water block even the one i am using now is really rubbish, wating for new am4 cpu to come out then getting new mother board cpu ram and hopefully sata4 hdd

This is the highest point in the loop and there is a hole there to screw open and get rid of air bubbles

As seen in description pumps and fans are externally powered so i don't blow up my motherboard fan out puts

Overcloking is about the passion, not about how much you clock
Overclocking is not about the pefromance gains, it is about the passion
Overclocking is about the Fun, Enjoyment and Passion

Pushing Voltages And Lower Tempertures Makes You The Overclocking Champion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

This is what my machine used to look like
8350+990fxa gd80 + 1866 ram 8gbX2+ x300 radeon gpu 128MB

post #3 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-06-2014, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

So I am gonna dump the gigabyte when my dad comes back from china with a extra 4x240mm radators, 2 pumps and 5 fans, and a old am3 cpu so i can boot up my msi and update it to a am3+ bios again,
But gigabyte is trying to prove me that it will kind of oc after I took of the vrm and nb heat sink and took off the gapfill grease on the nb and added proper thermal paste, before it can even operate normally ....http://valid.x86.fr/icsemb

1.49V at a 80% cpu load (3 cores occupied) with Extreme LCC setting as seen in HW monitor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 03:10 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 32 (Unique: 15)
why have you got that many fans when not needed, on your rads why dont you do push/pull as that will be better

Sent from my apple/craple using Tapatalk

i5 4690k @4.7ghz, r9 290 @1200/1600, 850 evo 500gb, full custom loop
steam jamie1989
origin jamiehard1989

post-flame-small.gif5 GHz Overclock Club post-flame-small.gif

devil-smiley-019.gif| OFFICIAL AMD FX-83xx Vishera Owners Club | devil-smiley-019.gif
post #5 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-09-2014, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx63007850 View Post

why have you got that many fans when not needed, on your rads why dont you do push/pull as that will be better

Sent from my apple/craple using Tapatalk
it will only fit one 120mm fan fittings are in the way
and stack up is same air flow as push pull

post #6 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-10-2014, 08:08 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 3)
The amount of fans that I'm seeing in the Water cooled dinosaur is hurting my eyes. I think you would see better Overclocking if you got a better motherboard. MSI i not my friend. Every MSI board I've ever owned has died in the first 2 years. The gigabyte I had rocked. It was just old and I burned the VRM's over volting to 1.9V.

thumb.gif Who could forget the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600?? I want to frame that CPU on my wall! thumb.gif
post #7 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

The amount of fans that I'm seeing in the Water cooled dinosaur is hurting my eyes. I think you would see better Overclocking if you got a better motherboard. MSI i not my friend. Every MSI board I've ever owned has died in the first 2 years. The gigabyte I had rocked. It was just old and I burned the VRM's over volting to 1.9V.
To be honest out of all of the mother boards I had gigabyte gave me worst experince, during my first 2 core intel the gigabyte died on me in about 2.5-3.5 years, I then got my second 2 core intel with a budget msi that was what i started oc on, moved to 8350 and msi had clocked it nicely and since i thought the msi was dead because heat sink grease went into socekt i got another mobo, and then on other mobo than msi my 8350 will no boot windows on stock voltage and same with gigabyte, i also had my second 8350 and that one runs extremly hot and will not do any higher clocks that my half deaf 8350. since msi had nb multiplyer locked i was planning to downgrade bios version to find one that might be unlocked nb multiplyer and by accdent updated to am3 cpu support only and msi was gone for about 1.5-2 years, got a gigabyte since in my place no one sells msi.... yeah no msi at all even the gpus are rare. finally gigabyte dided on me again, running amazingly hot on stock cooling and will not even operate properly on a 0.9V core and extremly low ghz 1.35GHZ cpu since nb and vrm over heats, took out gigabyte and currently using a 970 pro no vrm heat sink lol,
and msi will be back again in december when my dad brings back a old phemon am3 cpu and 3 radators and 2 pumps and stuff

post #8 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

http://valid.x86.fr/7ii3lb
So its doing some clocks and some cpu burning in hopping this can bring it to 4.1GHZ stable on same 1.248V cpu voltage thumb.gif

Also proof that i had two 8350

post #9 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 27 (Unique: 3)
You should just get an Asus board. You'll be much happier. I know I was. Still am. smile.gif

thumb.gif

thumb.gif Who could forget the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600?? I want to frame that CPU on my wall! thumb.gif
post #10 of 769 (permalink) Old 11-21-2014, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanman43 View Post

You should just get an Asus board. You'll be much happier. I know I was. Still am. smile.gif

thumb.gif
I have a MSI 990FXA GD80 waiting for a old am3 cpu to boot up and update to am3+ bios and I do not like asus or any other brands than msi thumb.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in