COMPLETED :) - [BUILD LOG] Raised from the dead (with 3D printed parts) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

COMPLETED :) - [BUILD LOG] Raised from the dead (with 3D printed parts)

post #1 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

Hello guys,

few days ago i looked at the mods in the OCN Beigemodders Club and i was well impressed with all the mods. Even thou i'm now in designing my news S7 desk i could not help my self then to do a Beigemod. So I know that my father in law has some old PC laying around that he wanted to trow away so i found the case and saw that was a bit small for my idea. Then i went online and found that some one was giving away a tower case, but it had no picture, so i told him that i will take the case no matter what it look like as long as it was a bigger case.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Updated:

So this is how it started 6 months ago was a very exciting ride, id love for anybody who has not seen or read the thread to check it all out, i know its a long one but you wont regret it, as so many people have not smile.gif

but if your just to eager to want to see the final product bellow is the link to the final pictures, but I'd really urge you to read and check out the entire thread smile.gif

https://www.overclock.net/t/1536880/build-log-raised-from-the-dead-with-3d-printed-parts/560#post_24246151

___________________________________________________________________________________

So today i came home with this biggrin.gif a Celeron 2000Mzh with a gig of RAM and 2 HHD one with 15GB and other with 20 GB :DDDD There is also a 64 MB graphic card and a 4 port USB card. But the case looks cool, with the handle and all.

And the mod will go as follows:

The bottom case will be cut in half and turned into a cool box, ill use the radiator with the 4x8cm fans from the black case that was left over from my S7 desk build, and in the top case ill replace the Celeron with a AMD Athlon something smile.gif that i have laying around and water cool the CPU, and will paint all in a White and Orange color theme.

So I already started tearing the case apart

The fron panel has a great little compartment that hides the USB, i0m thinking to take that out an replace it with a temp monitor.

Got all the guts out of the case

and prepared one fan for painting

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-19-2015, 04:17 PM
New to Overclock.net
ReaperN1 Level 1

I'm glad to hear that our BeigeModders club could inspire you. Technically my Dark Sidw build is a BeigeMod as well (10-13 yr old case) I'm excited to see what you come up with. It's fun to mess around with a system that you don't have to worry about messing up.

"wнy ғollow ѕoмeone elѕeѕ paтн, wнen yoυ can rυn ѕcreaмιng тнroυgн тнe woodѕ and мaĸe yoυr own."
-n1

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question then a foolish man can from a wise answer."
-BL

ᗷᑌIᒪᗪᔕ ↴Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #3 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

Im also very interested to see what will come out of it smile.gif It's nice to not to worry about all the hardware being damaged in the process of modding. But i still want to make something that will look good at the end.

Now i saw that you have the exact same mobo in your Darkside build as i have in the S7 desk biggrin.gif rock on!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 01:54 AM
New to Overclock.net
ReaperN1 Level 1

Nice. What's the odds of us having the same mobo. It used to be a beast back in it's heyday.

"wнy ғollow ѕoмeone elѕeѕ paтн, wнen yoυ can rυn ѕcreaмιng тнroυgн тнe woodѕ and мaĸe yoυr own."
-n1

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question then a foolish man can from a wise answer."
-BL

ᗷᑌIᒪᗪᔕ ↴Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #5 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 02:00 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

post #6 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 04:01 AM
New to Overclock.net
BruceB Level 1

Hey! I got linked here from the BeigeModders page, sub'd! thumb.gif

Looks like a good plan to me,does your father-in-law happen to have any used small car Radiators laying around? You might be able to get an even bigger cooling surface! tongue.gif
post #7 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

Would have to check around to see if there are any that dont leak, i know 2 or 3 are laying around the but they leak smile.gif I'll cool only the CPU so this one should be OK. Or if i put a car radiator in i would not need to cut the botttom case biggrin.gif

Thanks for the sub wink.gif
post #8 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 04:39 AM
New to Overclock.net
BruceB Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7Design View Post

Would have to check around to see if there are any that dont leak, i know 2 or 3 are laying around the but they leak smile.gif I'll cool only the CPU so this one should be OK. Or if i put a car radiator in i would not need to cut the botttom case biggrin.gif

Thanks for the sub wink.gif
It might not be practical, but I was just thinking: You can never have too much overkill... biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see how this develops!
post #9 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post

It might not be practical, but I was just thinking: You can never have too much overkill... biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see how this develops!

Checked around the house and there are only big damaged radiators ready to be taken to the dump.... so will stick with this one for the time being smile.gif maybe for a new project
post #10 of 587 (permalink) Old 01-20-2015, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net
s7Design Level 1

UPDATE

i test painted today the 8cm vent and the casing with white primer to see how this will look like, will spray the vent in orange at the end

And i did not have lots of time today to do much but i started the demolition of the main case

I took of the top cover and removed the HDD mounts

luckily the PC was so dusty that it left a perfect dusk mark on the spot where i need to cut out a hole for the top fan biggrin.gif

I'm planing to cut down the HDD stands so they can hold 2 disks and make custom trays to hold them in place, also test fitted a 750W PSU i have left over in the case and it fits perfectly. Tomorrow i expect to get by mail a used pump, reservoir and a CPU water block that is sadly missing the springs... but got that all under € 30. Dose any one know where i could buy just the springs?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in