[Build Log] "Winter Solstice" (Phanteks Enthoo Primo build) - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] "Winter Solstice" (Phanteks Enthoo Primo build)

post #1 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
What's a computer?

Rep: 97 (Unique: 73)
A new year has come and for me that means I can finally start building my first custom loop.
For some of you who may know me this is no surprise, for anyone else I'm fairly new to the modding community at OCN. If you have seen me though it is fairly likely that you have seen my thread on AIO coolers for GPUs or in one of “The Mod” threads. This time though I'm doing a custom loop, which is for me a step up both in price and the amount of work needed.

Although it's my first build I figure I will do a more personally styled build this time then I have done before. And if you have seen my small build of a mounting bracket for AIOs on a GPU then this will be styled somewhat similarly. It's not without reason either that I use this style for my build, and the name is not chosen without reason either. I am not one for massive overclocks and I'm not an experienced case modder, what I am though is someone who hates noise. Thus it came only naturally for me to name this build after what I know as the most silent and cold time each year.

But that's enough about my that, lets get to the interesting stuff:

The hardware are less interesting but deserves to be mentioned: Click here! (Click to show)
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k (Ivy Bridge)
Motherboard: Intel DZ77GAL-70K or Gigabyte Z77-D3H (depending on if the Intel board works or not)
Memmory: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600 MHz 16GB Black CL10, 2x8GB, The Gathering edition
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 "VAPOR-X OC” or hopefully a Radeon 390x/GTX 980Ti later on
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo Black
PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000w (I know it's overkill, but I was planning Crossfire)
SSD 1: Crucial M4 128gb
SSD 2: Intel 520 240gb
HDD 1: Western Digital Caviar 640gb
HDD 2: Western Digital Green 2TB
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-B123L (Blueray reader)
Sound Card: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Then there is the cooling Click here! (Click to show)
Radiator 1: Phobya G-Changer 360 v.2
Radiator 2: Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240mm
Pump: Swiftech MCP 35x with Bitspower Acrylic DDC pump top and the EKWB Heatsink
Reservoir: Bitspower DDC Top upgrade kit 150/170 (can't remember what size)
CPU Block: EKWB Supremacy Nickel Plexi CSQ
GPU Block: EKWB Thermosphere Nickel Plexi with the R600 bracket (will go full cover when I upgrade)
Fittings: Various from Swiftech, Aquatuning, Alphacool, Feser and Bitspower all in chrome
Tubing: Primoflex Advanced LRT flexible tubing 10mm ID, 13mm OD
Radiator Fans: Noiseblocker Eloop B12-3
Other Fans: Phanteks PH-F140SP

Various other stuff I may use Click here! (Click to show)
XSPC EX360
Magicool Slim Profile 140mm
A bunch of Noctua Fans
Some Arctic Cooling F12 fans
Phobya Touch 6 Fan controller

And that's about it really, the radiators was bought for another case but I figured out that the amount of modification needed to fit them was risky considering my lack of experience, not to mention it gave me a good excuse to upgrade to the wonderful Enthoo Primo.

There isn't really much that has been done so far so a picture of the Hardware and I'll upload a few pics of some preliminary fitting when I get time to take them. I'll also see if I can't get my mind together and finish up some designs for the case.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
What's a computer?

Just did some quick test fitting and mounted the PsU and MB:

Even though it's not much I actually got tons of new ideas just from test fitting and I'll do a sketch with a design of it and upload when I'm done. That will probably not be until this weekend though. It's a great looking case, so I'm puzzled as to how to improve upon the look or rather make it personal.
post #3 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:04 AM
Not New to Overclock.net

Rep: 892 (Unique: 610)
I'm so proud of this build as i've been talking to @Rainmaker91 for around a year now about it and he was planning this build for even longer i believe. He is an amazing guy. I wish you the best buddy.

Oh yeah, I'm Back.
Hot Flame (WIP)
(8 items)
CPU
AMD R7 3700X
Motherboard
Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU
AMD 5700 XT
Hard Drive
Crucial P1
Power Supply
Seasonic Focus G
Case
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
Monitor
Acer XR342CKP
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:19 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 68 (Unique: 62)
Subbed! thumb.gif
post #5 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 AM - Thread Starter
What's a computer?

Just sitting around doing some doodles, and before I continue with a more elaborate design drawing I figured I would ask here as to what people thing about the runs done here and if I should consider running it differently.

Other then orienting the rads other ways I don't see how. Although if done properly I might be able to get the second 140mm fan inside the case as well... hmm decitions... anyways let me know what you think.

edit: I will probably do several concepts anyways, but it's nice to get some input smile.gif
post #7 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 04:06 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 7 (Unique: 6)
Subbed - I just finished up my build in the white Primo and loved every minute of it. Good luck!

post #8 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 04:11 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 10 (Unique: 9)
post #9 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-26-2015, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter
What's a computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjturner78 View Post

are you still moving along? im working on a primo build myself

Looking good there thumb.gif I have been busy with work and I have a draft for my Bachelors thesis due soon so I havent had much time to work with it yet. Also I'm still doing some sketching in Gimp so it will take some time before I can order up the needed stuff. Don't be discouraged though, it's still very much in the works.
post #10 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 10:40 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 61 (Unique: 53)
subbed buddy ...cant wait to see whats what:thumb:cheers.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in