[Case Mod] VAIO Rebuild - Page 2 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community
Forum Jump: 

[Case Mod] VAIO Rebuild

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-03-2016, 05:47 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 4)
Needless to say, if you saw my posts in your other thread you know I love the fact your modding this! I hope to see more progress soon..

What parts are you missing?

Quad Air 540 Rackmount Build in Progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-13-2016, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 1)
I'm missing most of the plastic pieces like the sides and top. I still have the face and the frame I modified to fit everything.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-21-2017, 04:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)

Have a look at this - is this the same model ( I am not selling it )

its deff an American model as it has 120 voltage rating smile.gif I have been using the other one daily for about 10 years plugged into to the 240 socket .
It came with a 5.1 sound system which seems to be the only difference from my view ? I never used those because they were marked 110v .... I will plug them in later and see if they work or go pop ....

No Politics No Religion No Problem

MX9 Build log
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

This is a rough layout of what I think I want to do for this build. I'm going to lay this out as best I can and I looking for any suggestions on how possible this is.

So there is a cut threw in this case that separates the drive bays from the rest of the computer. When I saw this I made me want to run a bunch of Liquid cooling tubing threw this section of the case to be displayed. The size of the hole in the cut threw I will make in the case will be about 162mm x 95mm, this should be enough for one resivior and a few 1/4 pieces of tube

I want to mount two pump/resivor combos upside down with one stopping just short and one fully extended into the other portion of the case. I don't know what to use here as far as brands so recommendations will be helpful.

Next I have two locations for radiators. the one located in the rear has a space of 130mm x180mm so it shouldn't be to hard to find something. However in the front it used to be two 5.25 bays so the space is a lot more limited. I measured 165mm x 104mm up front and was thinking of using two 40mm radiators.

Finally in this sketch I did not include tube routing because I wanted opinions of what is best looking to most piratical. should the pumps be between each device?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-23-2017, 10:52 PM
New to Overclock.net

Theres not a lot a room in there so you will it be tight when you add fans cables fittings ....

I am building a dual loop in a X9 .... even the smallest Monsoon Reservoirs would be pain .....

I don't know how you can drain and maintain that config.

what size motherboard itx ?

I will show you some mock ups

I have few rads and pumps tube and bay res so I can do a few mock ups

MX9 Build log
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 08:29 AM
New to Overclock.net

how did you get all the panels off ?

MX9 Build log
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2020, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

It's done!, sorta

Guys, It's been a long time coming for this build but i can finally say that I have it in a state I'm happy to show you all. I never forgot about this, in fact its kept me up at night, sometimes from neglect, sometimes from trying to solve design problems. The parts spec'd out in 2015 are almost all gone expect the 980ti. Here are some final shots! I was so close to completing this build and then I had to go on a months long business trip, so I packed it up and took it with me! I still want to make this change over to hard tubing eventually, and when I do go hard tubing I will upgrade to a 3950x and hold out to see what next years graphics cards look like.

A lot of this build wouldnt be possible if not for my buddy calvin who cnc'd up a mount for the water-pump and reservoir. And also I got a 3d printer in 2018 that made it possible to mount most of the rads and the power supply.

Current parts are:
Ryzen 5 2400g
Asus Crosshair VIII Impact
T-Force Pro Dark DDR4 3200
Evga 980Ti Classified
Ekwb everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200201_161158.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	3.34 MB
ID:	323388  

Name:	IMG_20200201_161217.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	3.38 MB
ID:	323390  

Name:	IMG_20200201_131730.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	3.49 MB
ID:	323392  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in