A middle finger to FedEx
This build wasn’t planned. It was born from the ashes of my once trusty Caselabs M8+Pedestal build. It served me well, but alas, Fedex saw fit to end its time on this Earth. It met a gruesome end, along with other things in the boxes, during what I can only imagine was a wild ride.
Long story short, the case, and quite a few other computer components, went from Los Angeles, CA to Essex, UK. The large, well packaged, boxes apparently went through a war zone, underwater, fell from a plane, was used as a concert stage, a drunk's shelter for a weekend, and saw sites few have lived to talk about. I say apparently because there is no other way what happened to these things could have happened.
Fast forward to today, I’m back in Los Angeles, I have a pending claim with FedEx, have talked to many at FedEx that are just as flabbergasted as I am, others at FedEx that couldn’t care less, have a multitude of hoops I am still jumping through if I want to see anything from FedEx, since my claim is for so much, and well, I’m just tired and stressed out from it all. I’ve also learned that insurance means nothing, fragile means nothing, and I should've packaged my boxes to withstand a 6 foot drop, no matter the contents and weight.
Okay, enough of that. On with the build!
Oh, one more thing, a moment of silence for the M8.
Kevin from Caselabs saw the carcass in person. We’re talking a closed casket affair here, folks.
Yep, another STH10. I love Caselab cases. I’m proud to say I was one of their first customers back in 2011. Hell, they didn’t even have a website up yet. I just love what they are doing with the aesthetics, and I love the modularity. I knew I was going to replace my old one with another, it was just a matter of which one. Well, the STH10 is the one that tickled my fancy for this round.
- Caselabs STH10
- Rampage V Extreme
- 64GB Corsair LPX 2400
- 2 x EVGA 980Ti SC+
- Samsung 950 Pro 512GB for the OS (What can I say, I got caught up in the hype and pre-ordered one. It shipped yesterday and should be here tomorrow.)
- Samsung 850 Pro 512GB
- 3 x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB
- WD Black 6TB
- A few EK 120 Vardars for some light airflow in the MB chamber
- EK Monoblock for the CPU and MB
- EK blocks and backplates for the GPUs
- The RAM is staying on air
- 2 x XSPC RX360s 480s for the CPU/MB loop with some GT1850s on them (These survived the FedEx debacle, so figured I would use them. F4 Vardars.
- BI 560 Nemesis GTX + 280 Nemesis GTX for the GPU loop with some 140mm Fractal Venturis ( I may swap radiator duty, not sure yet.)
- 16mm Acrylic fat pipes
- A bunch of various black and white BP Fittings
- 4 MCP35X pumps
- Other assorted odd and ends
This is going to be a black and white build, if the color of the fittings didn’t make that obvious. Well, more black than white, and well, some red here and there because of the MB, but yeah. I might get creative with the red on the MB. It will all depend on my patience and mood at that time.
I already have everything here, except for that 950 Pro, which should be here tomorrow.
Pics, and the start of this build, to come.