Build Log | Liquid Black Fury - Page 4 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

Build Log | Liquid Black Fury

post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 23 (Unique: 22)
Had to do some open heart surgery. The flow indicator has been the biggest pain. The white wheel would sometimes catch on the metal dowel, which just fits. The whole wheel will stop, and no amount of tapping on the window would get it started again. Since I knew that this would keep happening, I decided to leave some air at the top of the reservoir under the cap. Once I invert the case, the air rushes to the flow indicator. When I set the case down on it's side, I can open the flow indicator. I filed down the middle part of the dowel so it spins a little easier. I may have to file some more. We'll see after day or two.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 10:03 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 26 (Unique: 25)
Not sure why you included a flow indicator, whats the point? Was it just to fill up the case, or just because?
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltheGHz View Post

Not sure why you included a flow indicator, whats the point? Was it just to fill up the case, or just because?

I needed a convenient place to stick the drain valve, and this looked the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 12:35 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
Jidonsu,

What is your ASIC on your EVGA 980ti FTW?
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-23-2016, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaharacer19 View Post

Jidonsu,

What is your ASIC on your EVGA 980ti FTW?

69.1%

I'm gettting 1503mhz on the core at 1.243V with memory at 8000..
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

A couple updates.

Side Panel

I ordered a piece of light gray tinted tempered glass to replace the acrylic window that I scratched. Unfortunately, there was already a scratch on the glass when I opened the package. I'm hoping they'll replace it free for charge. Everything else is ready to go. I cut the tabs that held the acrylic window off and painted the panel again to hide any scratches from when I kicked the panel across the floor.

I was going to just just double sided industrial strength tape to tape the glass to the panel, but I decided that I may want to paint the case white this summer using automotive paint, so I bought ten 12mm diameter x 4mm thick neodymium magnets instead. The panel opening has a 3mm thick inner lip that was a part of the structure that held the old acrylic window. The magnets are just thick enough to come above the lip. The tempered glass will be glued onto the magnets, giving the window an offset look. To keep it from sliding, I found some L-brackets in the spare parts drawer that I painted black.

If anyone is wondering, this is what I used to paint the panel. The match is pretty spot on.

http://www.amazon.com/SEM-39673-Black-Etching-Primer/dp/B000PKZ3IY

Steam

I also moved my steam library onto a 1TB SSD, and now all 3.5in HDDs are in a Mediasonic ProBox, which is an external 4-bay HDD enclosure. It's sitting inside my desk, so I don't even hear it when the drives are spinning. No more spinning drives inside the PC case.

Also, I ran the SteamVR Performance Test. I'm happy with the results.

post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
New to Overclock.net

Made a couple minor changes.

1. The tempered glass side panel window is done. I glued some neodymium magnets to the glass itself, and the magnets are more than strong enough to hold the glass in place behind the panel. This makes it removable in case I ever need or feel like repainting the panel or case.

2. Got a custom backplate made for my video card.

3. While I do have a drain valve at the lowest point in the loop, draining the loop still isn't the easiest since I didn't put a bleed valve at the very top of the loop. I was just bleeding through the ports at the top of the reservoir, and the only part that drained well was the reservoir itself and part of the GPU block. I just added a bulkhead fitting through the top case vents to deal with this. Seems to be working well. It was a PITA to install since I didn't feel like removing the radiator to get my hands in there. The zip tie is to keep the whole fitting level since there was a short run of tubing from the port to the inlet on the front 280 rad that isn't straight but wants to be, putting pressure on the bulkhead assembly.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 08:09 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 0
I have a few questions for you if you have a chance. Can you pm me with details of dimensions for the tempered glass... I am really interested in doing this to my Define S as my acrylic window is scratched to heck and back. Your build looks fantastic smile.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in