All Fan wiring and Aquaero wiring complete
I've completely finished all the fan wiring and all the wiring to the Aquaeros. Wouldn't you know it right after finishing the wiring up and reflashing the firmware on the Aquaeros, and they come out with an updated Aquasuite software that requires new firmware
That's ok there is some great new features in the software and now you can actually have a third Aquaero as a slave unit! Here's a link
that describes everything that is new or updated in the Aquasuite software.
At this point I'll just wait and do the updates once I'm up and running. I did fire up the power supply to test all the fans, all thirty 140mm fans, both 120mm fans, and the two little fans in the SSD hot sway bay are working fine. I have always used the Aquasuite software to make any changes to the Aquaero programming because it's easier that way, but I did spend some time playing around with the touch screen on the Aquaero XT. It takes some time to figure it all out, but you can do a lot from the touch screen.
I have control over the slave Aquaero LT channels now. You can set the fan control to power, RPM or PWM from the touch screen. I had changed it to PWM control awhile back when I was doing all my fan testing
, but I was able to go in and rename the fan channels, adjust the speed, and change the screen display pages all from the touch screen.
I shortened and sleeved two ambient temperature sensors. Don't worry if you want to shorten the temperature sensors that come with the Aquaeros. The thermistor is at the end, and the wires have virtually no resistance, so shortening them will not change the value. I used my ohm meter to verify this. Here's the shortened ambient temp sensors.
One ambient sensor is going up top above the top intake fans. I will use the average of both ambient sensors for the actual ambient temperature.
The second ambient sensor I put in front of the left front radiator fans. You can see it through the grill here on the right side.
I also shortened and sleeved this Bitspower water temperature sensor plug.
I put the water temperature sensor in the front of the left front radiator. I'll probably only use one water temperature sensor, but may add another one later. I will set up a fan curve based upon the delta of the ambient temperature and the water temperature.
Here's the molex power cable that powers both Aquaeros and the Farbwerk. I put a clip right behind the reservoir to support the cable. Also the power cables that powers four Splitty9s, two up top and two at the bottom.
I installed the Flow meter here. I put two layers of the Isolate It! Sorbothane Vibration Damping Sheets under the flow meter. This is the same material I used under the pump mounting brackets. This is for support and isolation from the power supply as well.
Custom length USB cable and Aquabus cable installed to flow meter. The new Aquasuite software also requires firmware updates using USB cables, so I'm very glad now that I've made custom length five pin USB cables for both pumps, the fill level sensor in the one reservoir and this flow meter. Now I'm just going to keep the USB cables installed permanently, so it will be easy to update all these components firmware in the future.
Here's with all the wiring hooked up to both Aquaeros. It took a long time to make all these cables!
I also put a little numbered sticker under the fan channel cables, so if and when I have to disconnect anything here it will be easier to get everything plugged back in correctly.
Next on my list is to make the molex power cable for the SSD hot swap bays.