[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating - Page 22 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating

post #211 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 09:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 228 (Unique: 158)
I'm close to getting the same board...so I'll be anxious to see what you think about it.

-cb

Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathik7 go_quote.gif

if it annoys you so much please refrain from seeing it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis24 go_quote.gif

Ok so here is my report....IT AIN"T HAPPENING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 09:54 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 66)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

Thanks for posting the links ruffhi thumb.gif

No worries. The 3/8 x 1/2 and the miter saw are sitting at my front door (just got the amazon text message re delivery) ... so I have something to play with over the Thanks Giving long weekend.

Build Logs - Active
'Liquorice Allsorts' - 'C-Sweet' Thought Log coming to life ... CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
'HTPC Builds into small cases' - Antec VSK2000-U3 and Fractal Design Node 202

Build Logs - Complete
Spoiler!
post #213 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 108 (Unique: 91)
Asus Rampage VI Extreme Motherboard Unboxing

Today is Thanksgiving in the US, so happy Thanksgiving to all of my OCN friends that celebrate that holiday today!

Here's some nice "unboxing" pictures for you to feast your eyes on today biggrin.gif

I think you have to be lucky to get a hold of one of these motherboards. It seems like they are either "out of stock" or "coming soon" everywhere you look. Newegg gets a few here and there, but they are sold out quickly. I've been on the B&H Video email alert for this motherboard for awhile now. I've never actually received an email alert from them, but while on their site last week they were in stock at the moment, so I ordered one on the spot. I have not seen them have it in stock since then either.

Opening the box there's a nice layer of bubble wrap on top.

Another layer of bubble wrap under the motherboard box.

The box is in perfect shape except for a slight crunch in the lower right corner. I'm not too worried about it.

Here's the back of the box. There is no tape sealing the box closed. It could have been opened and closed and you would never know it. However, I saw no signs anywhere that this box was previously opened.

Opening the lid, there's a fancy liner that covers the inside top of the motherboard container, and is connected at the top inside corners of the outer box. Interesting and a nice touch... for a box.

Taking off the clear plastic piece on top of the motherboard.

The only plastic covering anything was a small piece covering the diagonal part of the I/O cover, but not the entire cover. Also there was a piece covering the ports at the rear. There was no other plastic protection, but it appears none is needed.

Lifting the top motherboard box section out there's a nice sheet of stickers, if you are into stickers tongue.gif

Opening the lower box reveals all of the accessories, and there is a nice assortment of accessories here!

Let's take a look at some of the accessories. Here's two Wi-Fi antennas, the one on the left is the new "ad" standard, and the one on the right is their "2x2 dual band" antenna as they call it. I won't be using either of these since my office and work shop are hardwired.

It comes with three support brackets as well. The top one mounts to the top of the Dimm.2 card to mount a fan on. The middle bracket is to mount a fan over the VRMs. The bottom bracket is a GPU support bracket. I doubt I will use any of these either, but nice to have in the package.

A side view of the brackets.

In the center are the three temp sensors it comes with. The outer wire is the RGB extension cable. The little box came with that USB stick that has all the software and drivers.

This is a fan extension board to add more fans with the power/control cable below. I won't use this because I have two Aquaeros for fan control, but this is a very nice accessory that I think many people will use.

Here's the Dimm.2 card. There's a slot in the motherboard that looks like an extra memory slot off to the side of the RAM slots that this plugs into. You can mount two M.2 drives on this. That's the fan mounting bracket above the card.

The other side of the Dimm.2 card.

I didn't show the Sata cables or the SLI bridges, three in all including tri SLI, and quad SLI bridges. They are just the plain black bridges that most people that buy this motherboard will not use. There's a coaster, labels and other misc. stuff that it comes with too.

Here's the motherboard out of the box. I've since removed the little pink sticker.

Here's how it will look in the reverse orientation.

Let's see how this motherboard looks in the case.

For years the ROG boards always had a red color theme. When I started this build, I would have been fine with a red color theme, but really had no idea what this motherboard would really look like. Now that I actually have the board, I'm very happy with how the color scheme of the motherboard really goes well with the color scheme of the build. The grey matches the "Gunmetal" interior nicely and the chrome like finish on the "Indium-plated ROG armor" goes well with the Bitspower chrome fittings.

I haven't had the outer panels on for quite awhile now. I think the last time I did have the outer panels on, I only had radiators, fans and the reservoirs installed. Now I have more "stuff" in there, and the actual motherboard I'll be using instead of just a "placeholder" motherboard, so I put the outer panels on to see how it looks.

Here's the other side.

Since the case is out in the sun, I tried to capture the metallic of the powder coating. It's so hard to capture what it really looks like in a picture.

This shot is just moving 90 degrees to the right of the picture above. See how it goes from metallic looking to just plain red looking.

There's your "Rampage VI Extreme Motherboard Unboxing" for you. Hope you enjoyed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

I'm close to getting the same board...so I'll be anxious to see what you think about it.

-cb
Looks like a great motherboard to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

No worries. The 3/8 x 1/2 and the miter saw are sitting at my front door (just got the amazon text message re delivery) ... so I have something to play with over the Thanks Giving long weekend.
Nice! Let me know how you like the new toys thumb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 12:55 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 66)
That motherboard doesn't go at all with your case. Guess you will either have to ship the mb to me ... or the case - I can cope with either.

But seriously - extremely nice!

Build Logs - Active
'Liquorice Allsorts' - 'C-Sweet' Thought Log coming to life ... CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
'HTPC Builds into small cases' - Antec VSK2000-U3 and Fractal Design Node 202

Build Logs - Complete
Spoiler!
post #215 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 06:39 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
I have the same wifi on my Asus Z270 board. It works at close range without the antennae, which makes it perfect for syncing with my phone.

post #216 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 03:54 PM
Hardware Princess

Rep: 22 (Unique: 20)
Phenominal looking build, the powder coating on the case really takes it to the next level.

CHILLER DESTRUCTION
Build Log - White Voodoo
Z390 Station
(10 items)
White Voodoo
(14 items)
CPU
9900K @ 5.5 1.46v
Motherboard
EVGA Z390 Dark
GPU
Titan RTX 2085/8500
RAM
Trident Z 3200c14 @ 4133c16 1.5v
Hard Drive
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb
Power Supply
EVGA 1300 G2
Cooling
Dehumidifier
Case
Dimastech Test Bench
Monitor
AOC Agon AG251FZ 240Hz
Audio
Built-in Monitor Speakers (3 watt)
CPU
Intel Core i9-7980XE @ 4.3 GHz 1.10v
Motherboard
Asus Rampage VI Apex
GPU
Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080 Ti SLI 2037/6318 1.09V
RAM
Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 3200C14 @ 3800C16 1.50V
Hard Drive
Samsung 960 Evo 1TB
Power Supply
EVGA 1600 T2
Cooling
HWLabs Nemesis GTR 420+280 Rads
Cooling
(7) Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM Fans
Cooling
EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Case
LD Cooling PC-V7 280/420
Operating System
Windows 10 LTSB
Operating System
Linux Mint 19.1
Monitor
NEC PA271W 2560x1440
Keyboard
Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
CPU
Dual Intel Xeon L5520 2.26 GHz
RAM
48 GB Samsung DDR3-1066
Hard Drive
120 GB Samsung 750 Evo SSD
Hard Drive
2 TB Western Digital Green
Hard Drive
2 TB Hitachi 7200 RPM
Power Supply
650W Delta PSU
Case
1U Rackmount
Operating System
Ubuntu Server 16.04
▲ hide details ▲
post #217 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffhi View Post

That motherboard doesn't go at all with your case. Guess you will either have to ship the mb to me ... or the case - I can cope with either.

But seriously - extremely nice!
So you want the motherboard OR the case thinking.gif Nice try ruffhi biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0451 View Post

I have the same wifi on my Asus Z270 board. It works at close range without the antennae, which makes it perfect for syncing with my phone.
Interesting and good to know it can work without the antenna for that. What all do you sync on your phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydroplane View Post

Phenominal looking build, the powder coating on the case really takes it to the next level.
Thanks! I'm very happy with how the powder coating came out.

The next "unboxing" is coming soon!

post #218 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 06:28 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 40 (Unique: 35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

So you want the motherboard OR the case thinking.gif Nice try ruffhi biggrin.gif
Interesting and good to know it can work without the antenna for that. What all do you sync on your phone?
Thanks! I'm very happy with how the powder coating came out.

The next "unboxing" is coming soon!

I just use it to transfer photos and videos.

post #219 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 07:01 PM
New001

Radiator city! Hows the flow rate through all those?
Looks great, love the overkill, be interested to know how many litres go into that system also tongue.gif
post #220 of 516 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinFX View Post

Radiator city! Hows the flow rate through all those?
Looks great, love the overkill, be interested to know how many litres go into that system also tongue.gif

It'll be interesting to see what the flow rate is once it's up and going. When I flushed the radiators I measured how much fluid they held, but I can't remember now and I can't find the piece of paper I wrote it down on.

I'm just guessing it is going to take around 8 liters to fill it up. I will for sure measure how much it takes once I fill it up.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in