[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating - Page 28 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating

post #271 of 542 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 120 (Unique: 99)
Eight Pin and Four Pin Motherboard Power Cables Complete

I finished up the eight and four pin power cables to the motherboard. Using the same criteria for the colors, mostly red with some grey and black.
Here's the eight pin cable.

The four pin cable.

Both together.

Let's take a look at what cables were already completed. The top connector is for the pumps. That will move down to a lower plug later. The next two down are aux power for the two Aquaeros, and Farbwerk. Also one for the SSD hot sway bays. The last two on the bottom powers most of the fans via two Splitty9 fan splitters per power cable.

Most builds have the power supply down low and the eight and four pin power connectors are on top of the build/motherboard. Since this is a "reverse" build it's the opposite here, the eight and four pin connectors are down low and the power supply is mounted higher.

Here you can see the two power cables plug in right in the middle of the power supply and runs down next to the vertical tubing, behind the pumps and through a pass-through hole to the other side.

From the main side and plugged into the motherboard.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0940.JPG
Views:	702
Size:	5.66 MB
ID:	88929  

Name:	DSC_0942.JPG
Views:	696
Size:	5.76 MB
ID:	88937  

Name:	DSC_0944.JPG
Views:	677
Size:	5.79 MB
ID:	88945  

Name:	DSC_0697.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	6.28 MB
ID:	88953  

Name:	DSC_0698.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	7.04 MB
ID:	88961  

Name:	DSC_0701.JPG
Views:	663
Size:	6.52 MB
ID:	88969  

Name:	DSC_0702.JPG
Views:	645
Size:	7.12 MB
ID:	88977  

Name:	DSC_0703.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	7.24 MB
ID:	88985  

Name:	DSC_0705.JPG
Views:	628
Size:	6.44 MB
ID:	88993  

Name:	DSC_0706.JPG
Views:	611
Size:	6.79 MB
ID:	89001  

Name:	DSC_0707.JPG
Views:	620
ID:	89009  

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB 3600 16-16-16-36
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
2x Seagate Iron Wolf Pro 12TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Radiators 4x 560mm + 2x 280mm
Cooling
Aquacomputer Aquaero XT + Aquaero LT
Cooling
2x Aquacomputer D5s with custom chrome plated Bitspower mod kits
Cooling
2x Aquacomputer Aqualis 880ml Reservoirs with Nano Coating & Aquabus Interface
Case
CaseLabs THW10 with Custom Powder Coating
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified
RAM
G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 2400
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Microsofte Natural Ergonomic 4000
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

Only six sata ports - Four Hard Drives in RAID 10 or Two Hard Drives in RAID 0?

I had to back burner working on the 24 pin cable for now because I found out that the hard drives in my NAS died. I just have a small two drive Qnap NAS with the two drives in RAID 1 mirroring for back up purposes. I have it set up to back up all the computers in the house every night.

The drives were about five years old, and weren’t even NAS specific hard drives, just some plain Seagate drives, so I’m not surprised they died. I picked up a pair of Western Digital Red 4 TB drives to replace the drives in my NAS. Before I install them in the NAS though, I’m going to do some testing on the bench first because I need to decide how to utilize the six sata ports on the motherboard.

My original plan for this build was to put four 8 TB Western Digital Red drives in RAID 10 for mass storage (those were the largest drives available at the time). I also have the four bay SSD hot swap bay that needs four sata ports. Since the build plan was put together long before the motherboard was available I was assuming that it would come with at least eight sata ports.

Unfortunately the Rampage VI Extreme only has six sata ports like most of the newer motherboards. I wish it came with eight sata ports, instead of six sata ports plus the U.2 port. I’ll bet very few people that buy this motherboard actually use the U.2 port. I think in a few years, the U.2 port will go away, kind of like the Sata Express ports all the manufactures were putting on motherboards for a few years there.

Since my original plan requires eight sata ports, and I only have six sata ports available, I had to change my plan.

Plan #2 Use a RAID card

My second plan for awhile now was to use a RAID card. I picked up this Vantec 4 Channel PCIe RAID Host Card which I was going to use for the four hard drives in RAID 10.

This card has four internal ports, and the PCB is black which I like. I don’t need super-fast speed with this RAID set-up, so I figured that a cheap RAID card would be fine for what I’m trying to accomplish here, which is basically just adding more sata ports. I certainly don’t want, or need to buy a big dollar RAID card with an ugly green PCB. With this plan, I can plug the four hot swap bays into the sata ports on the motherboard.

Size comparison to a video card.

I’ve been waiting to buy the hard drives for this build until I’m closer to the end of the build, but since I had to buy two new drives for my NAS, I thought I’d try them out on with the RAID card first to see how it works before putting them into the NAS unit. So I pulled the motherboard tray back out and set the test bench up again. I put the RAID card in and hooked up the two new hard drives.

To make a long story short, I spent most of a weekend messing around with this set up. I got everything installed then the computer would not restart, or go into an endless loop of trying to start. It ended up completely screwing up my Windows install, and I had to reinstall Windows again! I finally got it all up and working, but reliability is very important to me.

After that experience, and reading a bunch of reviews on Amazon about this RAID card, I decided not to use it, because other people have had problems with it, sometimes a month or two down the road. I don’t want to risk that, it’s just not worth it to me.

I did find another RAID card that I considered trying, but it has an ugly green PCB, so I would have to mod it with some black Plasti Dip if I decided to use it.

Another thing I wasn’t crazy about was that I would have to have four sata cables draped across the top of the water block on one of the GPUs. Remember with a reverse build the video card blocks are all going to show.

This is with the RAID card moved in between where the two video cards will go and the Intel 900P drive in the last slot.

Now with the sata cables connected to the motherboard.

Plan #3 just use the six sata ports on the motherboard.

To do this I have to either use just two hard drives with the four other sata ports used for the SSD hot swap bays. Or I can use four hard drives and just use two of the four SSD hot swap bays. I thought it would look cool with four hard drives all fit nicely in the CaseLabs HDD cage. Plus I always wanted to put together a RAID 10 set up.

However, I really don’t need four hard drives because two drives in RAID 0 is the same amount of storage as four drives in RAID 10, I just lose the redundancy. I’ll be backing it up to my NAS anyway, so I’m not worried about redundancy.

Plus I really like the SSD hot swap bay, and I’ve done quite a bit of work modding it, so it is staying in the build no matter what! To start with I’ll just have one 2 TB Samsung 850 SSD installed, but I really wanted to have the extra three bays to expand into. I figured by the time I want to expand the storage it will most likely be SSD storage anyway rather than more hard drives.

I am no RAID expert, but I did find it interesting researching the subject of RAID cards, hardware RAID, software RAID, fake RAID, and setting up the RAID from the motherboard bios, or through Windows and “Disk Management”.

Setting up the RAID 0 with Windows Disk Management

If you want to use the bios to set up the RAID it turns all six ports from ACHI to RAID mode which concerned me since some of the ports will not be used in the RAID array, but apparently from what I’ve read, it works ok to mix other drives with the RAID drives in with the six sata ports.

I’m going to use Windows Disk Management to test out putting these two hard drives in RAID 0, with two extra SSDs just to verify I can run a RAID set up, and separate SSDs all with the six sata ports. Here’s the four drives on the test bench.

This ended up being super easy to set up. I hooked up the four drives, right click on the start button, then opened Disk Management, right clicked on each of the drives and clicked “Delete Volume”. Then right clicked on the first hard drive and clicked “Create new striped volume” this opens up a wizard that walks you through setting up the RAID array.

I was then able to see the two hard drives as one large drive in file explorer and the two SSD separately. I copied and moved some files around in all the drives and everything works great. I even turned the machine off, unplugged all the sata cables from the motherboard and reconnected them to different ports, and everything still works perfectly after a restart. No need to be careful that the cables get plugged back into the same ports if they are ever removed.

I know the newer 10 TB drives are much faster than these 4 TB drives, but I thought I’d run a quick CrystalDiskMark test. Here is just one drive.

Here’s the same CrystalDiskMark test with the two drives in RAID 0. As you can see some pretty good scaling. It will be interesting to compare this with the 10 TB drives.

Now that I’ve done all of this testing, I’ve decided to go with two Western Digital Red 10 TB hard drives in RAID 0 through the motherboard sata ports and windows. This will give me a giant 20 TB drive that will be like “unlimited storage” for me, as well as being nearly twice as fast as a single drive. Then I’ll have the other four sata ports to use for the hot swap bays.

I think this will work great, be more reliable, look cleaner, and show more of the second video card water block as long as I keep the Intel 900P installed between the video cards

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0333.JPG
Views:	519
Size:	6.96 MB
ID:	103273  

Name:	DSC_0340.JPG
Views:	522
Size:	6.85 MB
ID:	103281  

Name:	DSC_0342.JPG
Views:	496
Size:	6.07 MB
ID:	103289  

Name:	DSC_0345.JPG
Views:	509
Size:	6.36 MB
ID:	103297  

Name:	DSC_0995.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	7.08 MB
ID:	103305  

Name:	DSC_0343.jpg
Views:	468
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	103313  

Name:	DSC_0998.JPG
Views:	510
Size:	7.20 MB
ID:	103321  

Name:	DSC_1000.JPG
Views:	492
Size:	6.99 MB
ID:	103329  

Name:	DSC_1004.JPG
Views:	484
Size:	7.06 MB
ID:	103337  

Name:	DSC_1007.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	6.43 MB
ID:	103345  

Name:	DSC_1009.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	7.26 MB
ID:	103353  

Name:	DSC_0987.JPG
Views:	476
Size:	6.96 MB
ID:	103361  

Name:	Crystal Disk Mark 5 WD Red 4 TB.png
Views:	452
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	103369  

Name:	Crysal Disk Mark 5 WD Red 4 TB Raid 0.png
Views:	465
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	103377  

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #273 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-05-2018, 07:41 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 228 (Unique: 158)
anxiously awaiting pictures with the video card blocked. it's gonna be pretty.....

Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathik7 go_quote.gif

if it annoys you so much please refrain from seeing it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis24 go_quote.gif

Ok so here is my report....IT AIN"T HAPPENING!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by cpachris View Post
anxiously awaiting pictures with the video card blocked. it's gonna be pretty.....
Yes I am anxiously awaiting some new video cards from Nvidia! I was hoping they were going to drop next month, but looks like I may have to wait several more months. Hopefully we’ll get some more solid info before the end of the month. If I have to wait awhile for the next gen cards I’m ok with that. I’m not in a hurry to finish, and I still have a lot more to do.

The state of the video card market is just atrocious right now! I’ve never seen anything like it. There’s like no cards to buy, and if you do buy they are ridiculously priced.

That card you see in there now is just a “placeholder” to run the test bench. I’ve left it in there for now just for spacing and sizing reference.

Molex Power Cable Complete

I finished up the molex power cable, Asus calls it the EZ_Plug. I know that many Asus motherboard manuals will state this is an optional power cable only necessary for three or four way video cards. There is no mention of that in this manual other than showing it on the page with the power connectors.
Here’s how I always look at it. If there’s a connector for a power cable… always put a power cable to it!

Here’s the Molex, eight and four pin power cables together. The sharp bend in the Molex cables is because it had to drop straight down through a pass through.

Now you can see the reason for the sharp bend.

The very top cable plugged in to the power supply is the new Molex cable.

I now have all the motherboard cables done and installed except for the 24 pin cable. Let’s take one last look at the final three patterns of the 24 pin cable, and I’ll make a final decision on that.

Here is Pattern #13.

I like this pattern, but the one thing I noticed is depending on the angle and/or lighting the single black wire on the outside seemed to like disappear into the background.

This is from the back side. The power supply side of the cable is just loose wires still, but shows what the pattern would look like.

Here is Pattern #4 which I do like, but I like Pattern #6 better. The only difference is that Pattern #6 has two red wires on the outside and four on the inside, rather than three red on the outside and two red on the inside. Therefore, I am eliminating Pattern #4.

Pattern #6

From the back side.

You know your gut instinct is always right. Pattern #6 was my favorite pattern from the start. I did keep an open mind and I did spend quite a bit of time looking at all the various patterns, but after seeing it with the other power cables in place just makes it a done deal. Pattern #6 is what I’m going with

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0714.JPG
Views:	445
Size:	6.72 MB
ID:	108313  

Name:	DSC_0949.JPG
Views:	426
Size:	5.62 MB
ID:	108321  

Name:	DSC_1030.JPG
Views:	432
Size:	7.37 MB
ID:	108329  

Name:	DSC_1032.JPG
Views:	442
Size:	6.92 MB
ID:	108337  

Name:	DSC_1033.JPG
Views:	449
Size:	6.43 MB
ID:	108345  

Name:	DSC_1059.JPG
Views:	441
Size:	6.77 MB
ID:	108353  

Name:	DSC_1068.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	7.19 MB
ID:	108361  

Name:	DSC_1062.JPG
Views:	433
Size:	7.11 MB
ID:	108369  

Name:	DSC_1069.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	6.11 MB
ID:	108377  

Name:	pattern 4.JPG
Views:	413
Size:	7.22 MB
ID:	108385  

Name:	DSC_1046.JPG
Views:	429
Size:	7.35 MB
ID:	108393  

Name:	DSC_1050.JPG
Views:	423
Size:	6.95 MB
ID:	108401  

Name:	DSC_1042.JPG
Views:	427
Size:	7.07 MB
ID:	108409  

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #275 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:20 AM
Too Poor For This

Rep: 425 (Unique: 334)
Sub'd

skull.gifFolding Team: The Misfitsskull.gif
SIX TIME CONTINUOUS TEAM COMPETITION CHAMPIONS

post #276 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 11:52 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 71 (Unique: 53)
Quote: Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

Unfortunately the Rampage VI Extreme only has six sata ports like most of the newer motherboards. I wish it came with eight sata ports, instead of six sata ports plus the U.2 port. I’ll bet very few people that buy this motherboard actually use the U.2 port. I think in a few years, the U.2 port will go away, kind of like the Sata Express ports all the manufactures were putting on motherboards for a few years there.

Since my original plan requires eight sata ports, and I only have six sata ports available, I had to change my plan.

Plan #2 Use a RAID card

My second plan for awhile now was to use a RAID card. I picked up this Vantec 4 Channel PCIe RAID Host Card which I was going to use for the four hard drives in RAID 10.

After that experience, and reading a bunch of reviews on Amazon about this RAID card, I decided not to use it, because other people have had problems with it, sometimes a month or two down the road. I don’t want to risk that, it’s just not worth it to me.

Another thing I wasn’t crazy about was that I would have to have four sata cables draped across the top of the water block on one of the GPUs. Remember with a reverse build the video card blocks are all going to show.

I am no RAID expert, but I did find it interesting researching the subject of RAID cards, hardware RAID, software RAID, fake RAID, and setting up the RAID from the motherboard bios, or through Windows and “Disk Management”.

Setting up the RAID 0 with Windows Disk Management

If you want to use the bios to set up the RAID it turns all six ports from ACHI to RAID mode which concerned me since some of the ports will not be used in the RAID array, but apparently from what I’ve read, it works ok to mix other drives with the RAID drives in with the six sata ports.

- That was one reason I didn't upgrade from X99, I wanted all 10 Sata ports. There are newer board with 8 Sata ports+.
-I'm pretty sure you can select ports you turn from ACHI to RAID in the bios. It's been awhile Since I created a raid setup. Windows Raid is software based if I recall correctly. If you need to reformat you will lose the raid setup every time.
- The good Raid cards are going to cost a bit more then 30 dollars. I would take a look at IO Crest brand, I had good results with them.
- If you have any spare M.2 slots, they make Raid cards for those slots too.
- Also if your board has a Sas input you could use a Sas to x4 Sata III cable to reduce the cable runs.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon
post #277 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post
Sub'd
Welcome aboard! Glad to have you along.

I forgot to mention that I recently redid all the links on Post #2 Build Log Index with Links. After the migration to the new site the old links would only take you to the top of the page that the post was on, rather than the exact post. I had to redo every link! With over 40 links it took awhile. Hopefully I won't have to do that again

Also I have completed the 24 pin cable. Photo shoot this weekend and then I'll get some pictures posted up.

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #278 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

Building the 24 Pin Cable

When making a custom 24 pin cable you want to make the outside wires on the curved portion longer than the inside wires to keep everything flowing nicely without kinking any wires.

As a general rule of thumb you need to make the outside wire ¼” longer for each 90° of bend. This one will have a 270° bend, however it also has to bend up and plug into the power supply up higher than where the 24 pin cable plugs into the motherboard.

So I decided to make this “holding fixture” and build the cable one wire at a time. I measured each wire individually rather than try to make length calculations. Using this block with a few small pieces of wood to hold the 24 pin connector in place on top of the work bench, and a “C” clamp to hold the two connector bodies for the power supply end of the cable to the shelf. This is very close to the actually dimensions inside the case.

I started at the bottom inside and worked up and outward from there. I skipped over the three wires that need double wires at the power supply end, and came back and did those three last. Here’s a quick slide show video of the entire process one wire at a time.

Here’s the cable all completed. I did redo three wires along the way to get the lengths better.

I like to use minimal cable combs, and was going to try to use just three of them. But I was having trouble getting them all lined up evenly where the sharp bend is near the 24 pin connector, so I added the open ended one to help during the building of the cable, with the plan of removing it later.

Let's see how it looks installed.

Not quite lined up as nicely as I'd like it to be here.

I ended up depinning all the wires and adding another closed cable comb for a total of four cable combs. Now the wires are line up much better around the curve

The advantage of the open cable combs is that you can add or remove them after the cable is done, however you can’t really slide it up or down the cable.

The advantage of the closed cable comb is you can easily slide them up or down the cable to position them right where you want them, but if you want to add or remove one, it requires depinning one end of the cable.

I removed all the other cables to the power supply to make it easier to work on the 24 pin cable. Here's the back side with just the 24 pin cable connected. I did all the necessary wire crisscrossing, and the double wires in the last sections of the cable. This section will be mostly covered by the other power cables anyway, and will help keep the lower section wires all lined up nicely.

Here's with all the other cables that are completed plugged back into the power supply.

Nice to have this completed!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0709.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	6.38 MB
ID:	120985  

Name:	DSC_1171.JPG
Views:	338
Size:	6.31 MB
ID:	120993  

Name:	DSC_1168.JPG
Views:	336
Size:	7.20 MB
ID:	121001  

Name:	DSC_1179.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	7.32 MB
ID:	121009  

Name:	DSC_1184.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	6.25 MB
ID:	121017  

Name:	DSC_1187.JPG
Views:	318
Size:	7.15 MB
ID:	121025  

Name:	DSC_1189.JPG
Views:	311
ID:	121033  

Name:	DSC_1191.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	7.10 MB
ID:	121041  

Name:	DSC_1195.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	6.95 MB
ID:	121049  

Name:	DSC_1197.JPG
Views:	324
Size:	6.48 MB
ID:	121057  

Name:	DSC_1202.JPG
Views:	317
Size:	6.80 MB
ID:	121065  

Name:	DSC_1205.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	6.60 MB
ID:	121073  

Name:	DSC_1215.JPG
Views:	303
Size:	6.38 MB
ID:	121081  

Name:	DSC_1210.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	6.74 MB
ID:	121089  

Name:	DSC_1211.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	7.43 MB
ID:	121097  

Name:	DSC_1213.JPG
Views:	330
Size:	7.05 MB
ID:	121105  

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

post #279 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 08:51 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 228 (Unique: 158)
Great cable work!

Signature Worthy Quotes (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prathik7 go_quote.gif

if it annoys you so much please refrain from seeing it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axis24 go_quote.gif

Ok so here is my report....IT AIN"T HAPPENING!
post #280 of 542 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote: Originally Posted by cpachris View Post
Great cable work!
Thanks Chris! Once I had the holding fixture set up and all the colors picked out. I spent the better part of an entire day working on the 24 pin cable, and still was not able to finish it. I had one more wire to do, then it was dinner time and I finished it the next day. There's one wire I think I'm still going to redo, but over all pretty happy with it.

Next update coming shortly...

Devastator
(14 items)
Secondary Rig
(13 items)
CPU
i9-7900X
Motherboard
Asus Rampage Extreme VI
GPU
2x EVGA 2080Ti XC Gaming
RAM
Hard Drive
Intel Optane SSD 480GB
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 EVO 2TB
Hard Drive
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Cooling
Case
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard
Asus Maximus Extreme VI
GPU
RAM
Hard Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 500GB
Hard Drive
Seagate Desktop HDD 4TB
Power Supply
EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
Cooling
EK 420 Rad + EK 280 Rad
Case
Corsair 750D
Operating System
Monitor
Acer XB271HU
Keyboard
Mouse
Logitech G502
▲ hide details ▲

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in