[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating - Page 7 - Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community

Forum Jump: 

[Build Log] The Big Red "Devastator" CaseLabs THW10 - Custom Powder Coating

post #61 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 12:46 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 20 (Unique: 18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skingun View Post

Im in the UK too. I ended up importing my QD fittings directly from Koolance.

As I am using them between a rad and pass through, hidden out of sight, I opted for QD4's for less flow restriction. I use them to drain my system and also have a ball valve elsewhere to help.

They are very useful. When setting up my loop I also used the QD fittings to connect a house filter amd ran the pumps for 24 hours on their max setting. Worked a charm.

I'm unashamedly copying Barefooter's drain solution for my TH10A build. But the way my loop will end up is that I will need a third drain point at the bottom of my res and pump, otherwise I won't be able to get everything out..

I really must take some pics and start a build log of my own. I need a name though, and all the cool ones are taken.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:53 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 6 (Unique: 5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson1 View Post

I really must take some pics and start a build log of my own. I need a name though, and all the cool ones are taken.

I got my build's name from an M83 lyric I misheard while researching parts and liquid cooling. It just felt more right than anything I thought of when I actually tried to think of titles.
post #63 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:19 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
yoooo any chance going with amd?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 03:31 PM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanick View Post

I got my build's name from an M83 lyric I misheard while researching parts and liquid cooling. It just felt more right than anything I thought of when I actually tried to think of titles.

I think I might take my inspiration from Culture ship names.
post #65 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-07-2017, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter
WaterCooler & Overclocker

Rep: 115 (Unique: 97)
Quote:

I'll tell you what, it's not half hard to get those Koolance QD3 disconnects in black here in the UK. I've managed to order the male connectors (one from C&C Central) and two from Ebay (I need three male for my solution).

But black female QD3's are nowhere to be found unless you want to pay stupid prices.
If you are only using the female QD3's when you drain the system like I am, then the color doesn't really matter. You're just going to be storing them when not in use anyway.

Quote:

I'm unashamedly copying Barefooter's drain solution for my TH10A build. But the way my loop will end up is that I will need a third drain point at the bottom of my res and pump, otherwise I won't be able to get everything out..

Yes! Take some pictures and start a log. thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXWX View Post

yoooo any chance going with amd?
Yes... there's a chance of going with AMD... about a thousand to one chance biggrin.gif

Here's a small update. I am waiting on two fittings that I don't have before I can finish mounting the reservoirs, so I decided to polish the pump top.

I used lofat's Acrylic Polishing Guide. I spent about four hours on it last weekend, cleaned it up and thought I was done. Then looking at it just right in the light you could still see some scratches, and places that I knew I could get better. So I spent an entire basketball game polishing it more! It's not perfect, but looks much better than before.

Here's a before shot.

Here's after hours of work polishing. Not a very good picture, you can see the fluorescent lights above in the reflection.

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend when I can get out into the sun light.

post #66 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 04:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefooter View Post

If you are only using the female QD3's when you drain the system like I am, then the color doesn't really matter. You're just going to be storing them when not in use anyway.

You're quite right of course. That had crossed my mind. It just sort of violates my false sense of OCD.
post #67 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:20 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 5 (Unique: 5)
yeee imagine going with 2-wy, 3-way or even 4-way crossfire with vega or navi with x299 lmao. hell, if amd made dual-gpu versions of them (like radeon pro duo/r9 295x2 but vega or navi versions), imagine putting 2, 3 or even 4 of them in crossfire in your system, that'd be insane!!!!!!! boooom!!!!!!!
post #68 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 06:50 AM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 103 (Unique: 66)
Wow ... that polished top is a lot different. You also polished it sooooooo much that the ports changed location. That must have taken a lot of effort.

Build Logs - Active
'Liquorice Allsorts' - 'C-Sweet' Thought Log coming to life ... CaseLabs S5 + Pedestal
'HTPC Builds into small cases' - Antec VSK2000-U3 and Fractal Design Node 202

Build Logs - Complete
Spoiler!
post #69 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Linux Lobbyist

Rep: 13 (Unique: 11)
Am I seeing it correctly that you were able to sand off the Bitspower branding? I think their stuff looks great, but it's absolutely saturated with their logo and I'm not a fan of that at all.
post #70 of 528 (permalink) Old 03-08-2017, 03:42 PM
New to Overclock.net

Rep: 2 (Unique: 2)
Nice drool.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Overclock.net - An Overclocking Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in